Chelsea double header - How will we play?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:04 pm

Maybe im wrong but i just feel we should take a chance and play a 4-4-2!
If we dont we may have the problem of a lone striker(likely crouch) being up front alone laying off balls but with no support! This has been highlighted in our last 2 league games and has shown that the midfield end up too deep and no-one is up quick enough before the striker is out numbred by opposing defenders and the attack amounts to nothing!
If Raffa insists on a 4-5-1 i would like to see this formation

Finnan   Hyypia  Carragher  Warnock

Garcia  Hamman   Alonso     Risse
                            Gerrard

Crouch

Really think that Gerrard should start there as i feel his attacking abilities have been wasted of late when he plays in a deeper role!
It will also mean he's up quicker and in support of crouch!
Been a while since Gerrard scored,i think he's due 1 tomorrow night!! :D :D
66-1120597113

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:31 pm

One major difference between this year and last, is this year we have a focused Gerrard. If we were even as teams last year, then this year we will have a fired up Steven Gerrard with a point to prove (remember Jose told Gerrard he made a mistake not to join Chelsea, and that Chelsea will win more trophies blah,blah). I think that that will be the difference.

I would like to have seen momo play against Essien but that is not going to happen.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:41 pm

Fu*k Chelsea, worrying about them and building a team to cope with them would be playing right into there hands, we need to go out there to upfront as positive as possible and give them shower of Jellied eels something to worry about, get Crouch and Cisse to get right in amongst them and get Stevie and Luis feeding off them 2 with Alonso sitting and spraying the ball left right and center, We should take it to these cu*ts tomorrow.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:58 pm

Garymac wrote:Fu*k Chelsea, worrying about them and building a team to cope with them would be playing right into there hands, we need to go out there to upfront as positive as possible and give them shower of Jellied eels something to worry about, get Crouch and Cisse to get right in amongst them and get Stevie and Luis feeding off them 2 with Alonso sitting and spraying the ball left right and center, We should take it to these cu*ts tomorrow.

I would love to see that!
Lets just hope raffa fancies it too!!
So excited already,just cant wait till tomorrow night.

Bet there's a few butterflies in Chelsea player's bellies when they go to bed tonight thinking of the welcome back to Anfield !! :buttrock  :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby Garymac » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:10 pm

Tellin ye Barry cant wait for it, we wanna go out all guns blazin, we know we can beat them but we have got to cope with the fact that we are probably the only team in europe Chelsea have beef with and i think there willingness for revenge could back fire, i fu*kin hope so anyway..................................ive been picturing a Gerrard winner now for weeks but i will take anything as long its one of those old special nights at Anfield.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:15 pm

According to the BBC Sissoko and Morientes are still out  :(  would have liked to have seen Sissoko play against the rent boys tomorrow, and f@ck up Fat Franks ankle :buttrock
Harry Kewell will play against Leeds tonight, nearly all the boys back guys  :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:16 pm

If the atmosphere is half as good as last year it will be great.I,m nervous now thinking about tomorrow night,just watching Arsenal against Ajax tonight on itv2 cant be bothered with Manure/Benfica.Quite disappointed we wont get Robbies Earle scorecard tomorrow with it being on sky....:laugh: :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:17 pm

Hi Ciggy you ok sweetheart
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:19 pm

drummerphil wrote:Hi Ciggy you ok sweetheart

Hiya babe, yes Im ok but Ive got the flu  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:21 pm

need a hot totty......hotwater ,whisky,lemons
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:22 pm

Whats the chances of Robbie Earles scorecard lasting more than a game, i dont think they will do it tonight cos Robbie Earle knows bugger all!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby DrTNT » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:22 pm

Can't see us playing 4-4-2 but hope we do. If we do then we can really take it to Chelsea like the start of the CL semi last season. If there is the same atmosphere as last season then we can definitely beat them again tomorrow and in the next league match on Saturday.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:24 pm

drummerphil wrote:need a hot totty......hotwater ,whisky,lemons

:laugh: Ill be ok for the game tomorrow night though loads of booze bring on the CHELSEA RENT BOYS

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:25 pm

Hey Garymac you have to admit itvs coverage and robbie Earles scorecard is a joke compared to sky
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 pm

I was there last season Ciggy,wonderful night had by all but obviously because of health reasons i have to watch on tv :(
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion