Champions league - Who would you like next?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:59 pm

Yes, we should be ready to beat any team from now on.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:07 pm

I would like to see us get AC Milan and the game to be played in Istanbul!  :eyebrow
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:14 pm

There is no easy games in the Champions League this year, but i don't understand anyone wanting to get Real madrid or Barcelona just yet.  The mentality of we raise our game for the bigger teams this year is pure fantasy, as Chelsea, Arsenal and Man u have proved to us this year.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby taff » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:45 pm

It is what it is, whoever we draw for some reason this season I just fancy us to do them.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:59 pm

anyone at home preferably
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:04 pm

Barca or Celtic will do nicely
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:39 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
crouchaldinho wrote:ok, i know it looks like iv just elaborated on what hobo said, but that post wasnt there when i was writing mine, im no plagiarist, honest

Didnt he elaborate on what i said  ???

:D

i think we all have the same opinion on this   

obviously we havent read what others have writtern  :laugh:

and your all spouting bollox, cos i said it first!  :rasp

:upside:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby puroresu » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:42 pm

Dont want Real or Barcelona.  That would be difficult. How anyone could want to draw them now is beyond me.  Barcelona are still the best side in Europe and Real havew improved greatly this season.  Celtic would be difficult.  People may laught at that but people thought we would beat them no problem last time and look what happened.  Im glad Lyon aint finishing 2nd as I think the pace in there side would rip us to pieces.
puroresu

Postby WhIpLaSh » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:05 pm

A part of me almost wants to have the difficult run to the final (don't tell me I'm getting ahead of myself, we are pure class in Europe)

Then everyone who ever said we got lucky in Istanbul can go and get fekked.

Amazing that after 5 Cups we somehow always have to prove ourselves.

I say bring them all :)
Everytime you win, you're reborn. Everytime you lose, you die a little.
WhIpLaSh

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:08 pm

There is something to this notion that we play better as underdogs idea, given how our last 2 CL seasons have gone.  On the other hand, we've been underdogs in our away games to our main rivals in the Prem this season and look how that's turned out! :D

Hopefully we'll have raised our game a few notches by the Knockout Stages, whoever we draw.  I'd be alright with a challenge, although Barca is probably best avoided, IMO.  Seeing how Benitez approached Real Madrid might be very interesting, though!
Last edited by Bad Bob on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:13 pm

i'm going chicken out and hope for Cska or AEK. Make sure we get through. I dont think we will get complaicent again -  they will all remember last year and hope We learnt our lesson from benfica last season and hopefully we wont make that mistake again. I know that we do have to beat the good teams on route to the cup, but let the big boys knock each other out along the way.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:15 pm

Redman in wales wrote:i'm going chicken out and hope for Cska or AEK. Make sure we get through. I dont think we will get complaicent again -  they will all remember last year and hope We learnt our lesson from benfica last season and hopefully we wont make that mistake again. I know that we do have to beat the good teams on route to the cup, but let the big boys knock each other out along the way.

My only concern for both of those clubs would be the long-haul travel for the away leg.  Oh, and playing CSKA in Moscow in February...how would our latin lads deal with that?!?  :oh:
Last edited by Bad Bob on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Scottbot » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:24 pm

Barca are the only club i really want to avoid. Roam and AEK are the obvious choices (or Werder Bremen) but I would love to see another match with Celtic with whom the club has an excellent relationship despite Diouf's disgraceful attempts to screw that up last time out.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby WhIpLaSh » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:31 pm

I'd actually like to avoid an 'underdog' side like Celtic. Relationship or not, they have nothing to lose. I side with nothing to lose is usually a bitch to beat.

That having been said, I do have a soft spot for the Celts.
Everytime you win, you're reborn. Everytime you lose, you die a little.
WhIpLaSh

Postby puroresu » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:13 pm

Celtic at home can beat anyone.  They have the best home record in the CL.  Its like 11 wins out of the last 12.  In Europe they have lost 1 at home in the last 26.  That loss was v Barcelona.  In that time the likes of Juve, Lyon, Bayern, Milan, Liverpool, Man Utd, Porto, Benfica, Stuttgart, Celta Vigo, Villarael, Barcelona have all travelled to Celtic Park and came away with no more than a draw.  Thats impressive.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion