Biscan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:25 am

Is he going to proove us all wrong? He has been playin decent in the friendlies 2nite especially, gave the ball away a little against Wrexham but 2nite he look good (and Diao).

Tell u wat, we boughr Biscan for 5.5 mill, so he must have been half decent like, i know Heskey, Diouf bla bla bla, BUT i would love it if Igor made me eat my words yano. I really hope he does too, he would deserve it cos he has had some stick, I hope he does well, and good luck 2 him
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:40 am

I think he can do a job for us this season. He is a defensive midfielder and has ability for sure, he was out of position last season and as such it may be that he will blossom in his favoured position. Failing that he is not bad cover across the midfield and defense if needed.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:04 am

he did very well against Celtic, much better than I thought he was capable of.  He still has a long way to go to prove his critics wrong, but with a new manager who has nothing  but praise for him, and playing in his favoured position at last, it COULD be - not is - the beginning of a new dawn for him.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:58 am

What about his pace? I did not see the game last night and if he were to play in the midfield, he had better have more pace than Hamann otherwise we'd be in the same predicament as last season. Hamann is good but lacks pace. We need someone like Whelan.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:21 am

I was hoping he has more bite like souness.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:00 am

He's probabaly not as good as they said. You'd say he played well when you examined who's the lad on the ball and start to find out it WAS the player with the weird face!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:25 am

Get of his back guys. Benitez has given him back his self confidence, and you should not try to take that away from him. He has played really well in pre season. Just give him a fair chance. Biscan was one of Houllier's scapegoats. Blame Houllier for playing him in defence and ruining him, do not blame Biscan. He never complained, always stayed loyal and did his best when Houllier played him out of position. What more can you ask for? Do you think Zidane would have been a great defender?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:42 am

What i meant to say is that I AGREE he played brillantly only BECAUSE he is Biscan.
Nobody disagree he used to play rubbishly. But then he played "beyond normal". And i'm happy he did.
With the same performance, people wouldn't say he was brilliant if he had been, say, Kewell or Hamann.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:28 pm

Hmmm, very well put.  He is no Zidane or Vieira and never will be but he played fairly well, but very well for him.  He injected a bit more pace in midfield which was good.
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:31 pm

at the end of the day, biscan is not going to be the difference between us catching the top three or not. he may have the odd good game but that doesn't cancel out the fact that you can guarantee him having his fair share of stinkers as well.

i'll put it this way, would he get anywhere near the first eleven at manure, arsenal or chelsea? ???
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:38 pm

You're right (again, you're on a roll tonight  :D , and I think Benitez will eventually have to look through the whole squad and say
"will I win a title if this player plays their best the whole season?" and unfortunately to many of the players would have a no next to their names.  Thats not to say they are bad players but simply they aren't the sort of players who win titles (Vieira will win you titles but Biscan wouldn't for example)
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:42 pm

I haven't been very surprised at all of the apologists for our dire footballers, banging on about Player X and Player Y finally "coming good" after years of Houllier abuse and mistreatment, after all, I predicted it would happen months ago.

But I'm afraid the time has come to face facts:

If we have Biscan, Smicer, Diao, Diouf or even Danny Murphy in - or even anywhere near - our first 11 on a consistent basis, we are going to struggle to repeat last year's position. The top three clubs will be OUT OF SIGHT.

The recent Igor-mania is especially depressing. It usually happens once a season, before the hapless Igorrrrrr makes another series of pub football mistakes. This time he's put in two good halves against Wrexham (ha ha) and a third-string Celtic. And we forget how many times he has proven his worthlessness to us.

He wouldn't get near the first team of Arsenal, United or Chelsea. He wouldn't get a game at Villa or Spurs. Or even Fulham. Boro wouldn't have him, and I'm sure Newcastle would laugh in is face. So why is the useless tw@t STILL at Anfield?

All of these players have let us down *again* and *again* and *again*. NONE are good enough or consistent enough to maintain a serious, straight-faced challenge for the title.

And deep down, anyone with a brain can see it.

:(
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:48 pm

i disagree with you about them not getting into teams like fullham, 'boro & spurs.  But as i said before none of those players that you mentioned will win you a title.
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:56 pm

Maybe what he can add by shape to the team will be more benificial then we realise!
I remeber Arsenal teams with Michael Thomas, he had good games and absolute stinkers!
I remeber what he done one game at Anfield!
Even if he is used until we have the right funds or Benni finds a player he wants, its all good news that he is playing well!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:04 pm

There have been lots of average players in very good teams!
How on earth have Germany made so many CUP Final apperances!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion