Should benetiz wield the axe?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:46 pm

I wouldn't be that hard on Josemi.

He still only here a few months and I think he'll be here long term, and will probably serve us well at least as a squad player over the next few years.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:46 am

IF Josemi plays against Boro then he is relly going to be tested against quality left sided players like Zenden and Downing linking up and supplying crosses to the likes of Hasselbaink and Viduka.
West Brom were giult of giving Downing a lot of space nad he put in a lot of dangerous balls and ultimately set up Boro's second gola which turned out to be the winner.

Perhaps Rafa may look to Finnan. No matter who plays they are going to have to play well with the likes of Downing and Zenden who have the potential to dominate down the left flank.

I think you said it JBG, for me he is only a squqd player, not the quality we need at RB, by no means is he a bad player, and we don't need a desperate replacement but in the long term I can't see Josemi being the permanent quality player we need at RB.
I like Josemi, he plays with a lot of heart and determination, but he needs to work on some of the fundamentals of his game. Hopefully he can improve under Rafa like so many of our players have this season.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:49 pm

I think that Benitez probably sees Josemi as a decent squad player to be played at right back and at centre half. The reason I think that is because apparently we just missed out on signing David Cortez of Mallorca, a highly rated attacking right back, last August.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion