Baros leaving ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:51 am

Striker Milan Baros is getting closer to making his Liverpool exit after his agent held talks with Schalke.
Pavel Paska met the German side's manager but said no deal had been done.

"I can admit I have had a meeting with Rudi Assauer," Paska said. "The name Baros has been noted. Schalke are one of the interested clubs, nothing more."

Aston Villa have been tracking the 23-year-old Czech Republic striker who has also been linked with moves to Lyon, Valencia and West Ham.

Paska had previously said Baros wanted to stay at Anfield.

"We have stopped all activity so Milan can play for Liverpool," he told BBC Sport. "We will look at the situation in two weeks and speak to Liverpool then."

However, Rafael Benitez's decision to leave Baros out of his squad for Reds' first leg Champions League second qualifying round tie against FBK Kaunas seems to have speeded up any potential move.

Benitez has so far played him only in friendlies - Baros scored twice in the 4-3 win over Olympiakos - and not in Champions League games so as not to cup-tie him.

That increases his value to other European clubs such as Lyon - and thus his transfer market price.

Peter Crouch's £7m arrival from Southampton pushed Baros down the pecking order, with Fernando Morientes, Djibril Cisse and Antony Le Tallec his other rivals for a first-team place.

B4 a wanted baros 2 leave but now am not sure.A mean hes only 23 and hes had a gd pre-season so far and we neeed 4 gd strikers in the team so y not jus keep him.I think he cud hav a gd partnership with crouch but if we do sell him it shudnt be for less than 7 million.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Krory » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:53 am

oh i agree, hees pretty young an hees played well so far, ju keep him in... i mean... for this season at least
Krory

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:10 pm

I still hope he doesn't leave. Competition for places should be fierce, and I'd like to think that it'll bring the best out of all of the players we have in those positions. Similarly, there's nothing like having top notch, energetic options on the bench when things aren't going your way in a game.

If he goes, I think we definitely need another striker. I'm starting to wonder if Le Tallec is actually a striker as opposed to an attacking central midfielder, and with Pongo out until November it leaves us similarly vulnerable to last season.

If the writing is on the wall, I actually think we've missed a trick in not going in for Vassell. He wouldn't be in my first 11, but if Baros is going for upwards of £5m, getting a decent, young, pacy finisher for £2m would've been good business. I'd certainly have liked him as an option in a four striker rotation system, as pace on your bench is invaluable these days.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:36 pm

I'd keep him, all he needs is a bit of confidence, however if he does go i'd prefer if he left the premiership

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:16 pm

I really dunno what to think anymore. would help me feel a lot better if baros left, when he is playin like sh!t and complaining. but now he is playing well and appearing to shut up, i'm confused.

I am hoping that he either leaves soon or rafa plays him in a cl game.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:02 pm

I think Baros has to be sold, the lad isn't a bad player but he'll never accept that will have to play in a rotating squad and will get p1ssed off if he doesn't get 90 mins :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:52 pm

Get rid.
He is not and never has been good enough. He has some talent but no footballing brain.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:42 pm

I still dont want him to leave. If he leaves he is not be sold less than 14M; he is no worse than Cisse. Cisse only proved himself in the French league but Baros proved huimself in the international stage.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:25 pm

If he leaves he is not be sold less than 14M; he is no worse than Cisse. Cisse only proved himself in the French league but Baros proved huimself in the international stage.

Who these days buys players based on their international performances? Nobody. Why the f#ck would anybody care how many goals he scores for his country when he hasn't proven himself for the club?

He's not worth 14 million because he's been sh1t last season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:19 pm

A.B. wrote:
If he leaves he is not be sold less than 14M; he is no worse than Cisse. Cisse only proved himself in the French league but Baros proved huimself in the international stage.

He's not worth 14 million because he's been sh1t last season.

whatever.

If Baros is worth £7m on his final year of contract then he is worth MORE than £14m on a long contract.  Its quite simple.
109-1093441336

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:23 pm

.. oh meelan looks like u might have to change ure name.. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:27 pm

zarababe wrote:.. oh meelan looks like u might have to change ure name.. :D

no probs, Maradona retired when he ate that pizza induced with Heroin 14 years ago -> :D
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:30 pm

If Baros is worth £7m on his final year of contract then he is worth MORE than £14m on a long contract.  Its quite simple.

He only has two years left on his contract and his value has gone down due to his poor season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:35 pm

A.B. wrote:

He only has two years left on his contract and his value has gone down due to his poor season.

"due to his poor season". you have to add this line in every comment don't you.

Anyway, his contract runs until 30 June 2006.
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:38 pm

"due to his poor season". you have to add this line in every comment don't you.

In order for you to understand why he isn't worth 14 million pounds. No club currrently is willing to pay more than 7 million, and rightfully so.

Anyway, his contract runs until 30 June 2006.

Which decreases his value more.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion