Gerrard was leaving

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:36 am

It was deffo a done deal, and he had changed his mind because of threats to his family etc, said it all along.

Check the link:

Story
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:51 am

You read the MAIL ? :D  Surprised that you do but astonished you actually believe the ****** they write as well LOL:p

Haven't we learned post Hillsborough that Papers tell lies and particualarly when it coes to Liverpool ???

Ok , so Stevie had his head turned whilst in the England camp and got dazzled by the bright lights of London and the promie of some of Ambro's Dodgy dosh but ultimately if last season proved anything it was that PORTO, VALENCIA and ARSEANBL proved that CLASS is better than CASH ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:01 am

u speak sense lad, but rrrr i dunno, i was sayin to me al fella the other day i bet u he gets all threats an that, and wen he said he was stayin in the press conference and his family helped him make up his mind i just wondered if they warned him abar trouble.

Hope it isnt true mate cos no 1 deserves that, ****** hate chelsea and that Russian C**T, wats he even doin as their chairman? British Passport maybe? He aint no footballing man he wants somethin else property in London or somethin, u believe he will leave Chelski high and dry one day (please hope so :laugh: )
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:02 am

Rafa wrote:It was deffo a done deal, and he had changed his mind because of threats to his family etc, said it all along.

Check the link:

Story

The Warner holiday offers look good! :p
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:03 am

zarababe wrote:
Rafa wrote:It was deffo a done deal, and he had changed his mind because of threats to his family etc, said it all along.

Check the link:

Story

The Warner holiday offers look good! :p

Look smashin dont they  :laugh:

£100 savings for couples!
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:04 am

Dont read the mail myself mate, seen the link on the message boards on LFC site
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:29 am

Can't help but noticed Gerrard's expression during the press conference. Don't look too excited (in the process of sticking a finger up the moneyman) himself does he?
That's just my observation. Your mileage may vary... :;):
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:30 am

The MAil simply tried to save face having strongly run on the Gerrard story being the old "done deal".

Gerrard always looks stern faced in press confrences, he is not the brightest lad and seems to shy away from the press.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:17 am

Listened to Charlie sale this morning on talk sport (journo. who alleges this story in the Mail) if there was a journo. who was just creating a story to create controversy that was it. Graham Beacroft on Talksport rubbished the story and said that he lives in Merseyside, and knows the truth - something about Gerrards ex - girlfriends boyfriend getting a bit heavy. (yeah right he really knows the truth!!??)

Typical Hacks - got everything t*ts up and now trying to dig themselves out of a hole. Like as if SG's proposed 120k per week salary will be in jeopardy because of an ex-girlfriends boyfriend.

Just press and media cr*p!! ???
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:33 am

Gerrard: Benitez can do it

Liverpool, Wednesday June 30 2004

Steven Gerrard believes new Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has the right credentials to restore the club back to the glory days of old.

The Spaniard took over the reigns from Gerard Houllier earlier this month and has been entrusted with delivering the Premiership title.

His task has been made easier after Gerrard announced earlier in the week that he was staying at Anfield, ending talk of a reported £40million move to big-spending Chelsea.

The England international was concerned at the lack of silverware coming the club's way, but opted to stay on after meeting Benitez, who he believes can turn their fortunes around.

"The club have appointed the right man for the job and he can take the club forward," he said.

"The last two years have been unacceptable for a club of this size and I think appointing Benitez, with the track record he has, is definitely one factor why I have decided to stay.

"I met him during Euro 2004 and I'm looking forward to working with him. Hopefully, he's going to bring in a couple of new faces. I'm very excited and looking forward to pre-season training."

Gerrard is set to take over Emile Heskey's vacated No 8 jersey, with new £14million signing Djibril Cisse getting El-Hadji Diouf's No 9 jumper, increasing speculation about the Senegalese ace's future at Anfield.

Meanwhile, Benitez could raid former club Valencia for highly-rated midfielder Ruben Baraja.

The Spanish international, who was apparently offered to Houllier a couple of months ago, could be available for as little as £10million given the La Liga champions' crippling debt.

The likes of Argentine duo Pablo Aimar and Roberto Ayala have also been linked with an Anfield switch.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion