We need to learn how to attack properly! - And pass effectively. poor performance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 08, 2005 11:04 pm

True about Everton, Ian.  Can't argue unfortunately.  I still haven't had a nose on their forum to see how they are celebrating, not going to bother now.

Good evening by the way.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Sun May 08, 2005 11:05 pm

My own personal feeling is that since we eliminated Juventus by drawing in Turin, the players have lost focus in the league.

John Arne Riise said last week that the players are finding it very hard to worry about 4th place and they are all focused on the Champions League.

Again, I wish to echo what Daglish has said about Everton: fair play to them and it is well deserved, although next season will be a different thing altogether.  :rasp
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 09, 2005 12:53 am

Theres no point worrying about our lack of abilities in certain areas, cos Rafa will sort a lot of the cack out in the summer. We've one league game remaining, and I'd personally play the fringe and youth players to see if any of them are worth keeping. I'd go with;

Carson
   Raven               Whitbread                         Traore               Warnock

Welsh

Potter                                         Partridge
                                                 Smicer

Cisse (Fitness)        Mannix/Smyth.

We've nothing to lose by playing this team, but there's something to gain as was seen against Middlesborough and Tottenham with a similar side.

I think they'd beat Villa. I doubt Rafa will do that, though as it's the last game at Anfield this season. Bu*ger!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon May 09, 2005 1:40 am

I didnt see the Arsenal game yesterday but i saw the Chelsea one six days ago.

Im not to convinced Gerrards best position is between the mid and att , i think i would prefer to see him back in the engine room.As i think he has more influence on a game there ,not to sure what anyone else thinks .Do you think we get the best out of him behind our striker ?
66-1112520797

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon May 09, 2005 1:42 am

Bamaga man wrote:I didnt see the Arsenal game yesterday but i saw the Chelsea one six days ago.

Im not to convinced Gerrards best position is between the mid and att , i think i would prefer to see him back in the engine room.As i think he has more influence on a game there ,not to sure what anyone else thinks .Do you think we get the best out of him behind our striker ?

I was thinking the same thing during todays game!! I think he is better coming from Midfield and joining an attack or running at defenders thru the centre from Midfield.

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby infiltraitor » Mon May 09, 2005 3:34 am

:rasp Stevie g is going,either way i don't care,with the quality of players rafa has brought in on limited funds(apart from pellipantsgrino) cash in on stevie plus champions league money we could see 5 quality players for the sacrifice of one.
infiltraitor

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon May 09, 2005 3:37 am

I thot we attack well ... what we need is a good, strong and young defender. Give them time to gel up and they will be a better team next season .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby banana » Mon May 09, 2005 3:44 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Theres no point worrying about our lack of abilities in certain areas, cos Rafa will sort a lot of the cack out in the summer. We've one league game remaining, and I'd personally play the fringe and youth players to see if any of them are worth keeping. I'd go with;

Carson
   Raven               Whitbread                         Traore               Warnock

Welsh

Potter                                         Partridge
                                                 Smicer

Cisse (Fitness)        Mannix/Smyth.

We've nothing to lose by playing this team, but there's something to gain as was seen against Middlesborough and Tottenham with a similar side.

I think they'd beat Villa. I doubt Rafa will do that, though as it's the last game at Anfield this season. Bu*ger!

That's f@ckin bullsh!t. You must be truly stupid if you don't think our first team need a competevive game before the final. Next game is important for the team. The more they play together the better they mix. Heaven knows we haven't been able to get play with our strongest 11 much this season. And now when they are fit, you'd throw away valuable match practice before the most important game in 20 years on some stinking reserves. No offense lad, but this is maybe the worst post i've read in a year.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon May 09, 2005 3:59 am

infiltraitor wrote: :rasp Stevie g is going,either way i don't care,with the quality of players rafa has brought in on limited funds(apart from pellipantsgrino) cash in on stevie plus champions league money we could see 5 quality players for the sacrifice of one.

:rasp Stevie G isnt going anywhere and i do care.

The team needs to be built around him and it would be almost impossible to replace him .
and to say we should cash in on him is stupid.
66-1112520797

Postby xd3vilx » Mon May 09, 2005 7:51 am

Today...Liverpool Play Like An Division 1 Team...Really Everton Didn't Win Fourth...We Really Give It To Them...Lose To Crystal Palace , Birmingham...O We Are Like Santa Claus Giving Present To Other Team... :angry:
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon May 09, 2005 8:13 am

for the people that want to see gerrard go, take a look again at the second half against arsenal. in the first half we were rubbish and thats partly because gerrard was playing as 'second striker' - its just not a good role for him with his back to goal receiving the ball. in the second half he was back in the centre where he belongs and we were a different team with gerrard making that difference. with gerrard making those driving runs and passes we looked like we could take them for most of the second half of the game. seriously we would be a much weaker team without him.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 09, 2005 12:55 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Im not to convinced Gerrards best position is between the mid and att , i think i would prefer to see him back in the engine room.As i think he has more influence on a game there ,not to sure what anyone else thinks .Do you think we get the best out of him behind our striker ?

he's blatantly more effective in the engine room than just behind the striker. we only moved him in the first place due to our ridiculous injury crisis earlier in the season.

the game yesterday was the perfect example of this. gordon strachan was pointing it out on motd 2 last night. in the first half, gerrard was playing higher up the pitch and was receiving a lot of ball with his back to goal. now stevie can't play with his back to goal and influence the game in any way.

however second half, after bringing cisse on and sticking stevie back in his best position, he was superb for 45 minutes. i remember he played one magnificent through ball to garcia which he should have buried.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion