Rafa - devastated - Blasts players for poor performance....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:25 pm

The current squad is not deep enough to run two campaign concurrently... successfully that is. We need more quality players. Money is an issue.. two person are to blame, I won't name them.

We need more premiership players and not just players from other league to fill all vacant positions. We are getting too weak in the muscle department.  :help

At the momment still can't see how we can do it differently.
Thinkpad

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:32 pm

john craig wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:What planet are you from? When Baros does play we lack cutting edge aswell.

He's not the answer. We need a class striker with pace and intelligence who can finish...

Ring any bells....?

well baros would have made a difference.....lets be objective here for once...i know you don't rate baros... But he would have been more effective than both morientas & cisse. But i understand that rafa wants to rest him for the chelsea game....

i know you want owen to come back........

my take.... If a broad dumps me, i don't want her back even if she begs me ...owen is history.

Haven't always agreed with you in the past rock but thats spot on

well..its just that, when owen left, we missed him (not that i want him back). If and when baros leave, you can be sure we will miss him too.... He holds up the ball very well, can take on players and create chances for others (on top of scoring). Baros can go by all means, but we need to replace him with someone better....

Not Mista, Not Luque (SP ?), Not keane. Like it or not, baros is a international class striker. He have to get a international class striker to replace him.

How many we can afford ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:54 pm

again i feel RB picked the wrong team, todays game was just as much a  of a must win as  tuesdays

Bullshi1t and you know it, our team was good enough to beat Boro.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Feeney » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:55 pm

i don't agree that he hold's the ball up well.....his first touch is disgraceful. Granted he can take on people, but he ruins chance more than he creates...

I don't even think it will come down to ability at the end of the season anyway - I reckon Rafa does not want him and will get shut anyway.???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:18 pm

Heres hoping.

The lads clearly a GOOD player with ability.

However he's replaced a world class striker and the difference shows. Owen at his worst still managed 16 league goals and 19 in total last season.

Owen had more in the league alone than Milan does in alll compititions.

Baros would be a fantastic third choice striker, i've said it all along. But he could never be anymore than that at a great team.

This season, you are seeing why Heskey started more games than him last season.

He'll never improve beyond his current level and i believe it would be a good time to sell the lad. £7m would be a good price, if we got more then that would be great, he would have then been a great investment.

Personally i think Sinama-Pongolle, Cisse and Morientes are all better footballers, as is Luis Garcia, we need another world class striker though just to top it off.
115-1073096938

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Have to argee with  STU time to cash in on Baros in the summer.
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:45 pm

Baros can produce the goods for his country but not for the club, here his finishing is awful and that's one thing a striker needs, good finishing.

I think we can get 10 to 12 million in the market if we try to sell him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red Macgregor » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:56 pm

Rafa, just does not have a clue with the premiership. Why does he keep changing the side ?
Some of his purchases are just not suitable for the grind against club's like Palace, Birmingham, Southampton and Boro etc. When is Rafa going to wise up ?
Why does he persist with Pellegrino, who cost us a goal today. Morientes is not sharp enough in front of goal. It was like watching 'gummy seagulls chewing bread' today - awful knowing that Everton were again letting us in. So frustrating.
Red Macgregor

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:24 pm

Rafa, just does not have a clue with the premiership. Why does he keep changing the side ?

because our squad is limited and he's going for the Champions league, i don't blame him either....personally i'd do the same
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:46 pm

Rafa, just does not have a clue with the premiership.

No sh1t Einstein, it's his first year.

Why does he keep changing the side

We play Chelsea on Tuesday or have you forgotten that.

Some of his purchases are just not suitable for the grind against club's like Palace, Birmingham, Southampton and Boro etc.

So we should buy thugs like Bowyer?
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red Macgregor » Sun May 01, 2005 9:07 am

Forget Istanbul, Tuesday will be the end of the Road this Season.
Give Rafa a complete set of videos of the Premiership season and send him off on holiday. Tell him to come back when he has learnt all about what is required for team selection in the prem and the FA Cup.
Red Macgregor

Postby LFC #1 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:03 am

Red Macgregor wrote:Forget Istanbul, Tuesday will be the end of the Road this Season.
Give Rafa a complete set of videos of the Premiership season and send him off on holiday. Tell him to come back when he has learnt all about what is required for team selection in the prem and the FA Cup.

feck off ya pessimistic ******.  :angry:

what a fan you are, give up on the lads after a good performance at the bridge!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:07 am

7_Kewell wrote:arh well....back to the Champions league dream i guess....and hopeing Newcastle, Arsenal and Bolton beat Everton.....just seen the Rafa interview on BBC sport website....he's really ****** off! :veryangry

just watched his press conference, he was absolutley devastated - alost speechless, never seen him so depsondent, they boys will win on Tuesday though and he will be happy as larry.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:14 am

Who is this larry guy?? ive heard of him before but ive never met him, all i can work out is hes a happy guy :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby stmichael » Sun May 01, 2005 11:56 am

having watched match of the day last night i have to say that i have never seen benitez so upset and angry after a game. he was literally seething and just gave one line answers to the interviewers questions.

mind you, i'd be seething considering the performance, especially in the first half.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion