Anfield awaits ............ - Semi final -second leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:36 am

We are a week away and a game away from greatness as Liverpool Football Club teeter on the brink of a record breaking 6th appearance in the Champions League Final.

In our way stands a team bought with dodgy roubles and managed by the man who put the Arrg into Arrogance.

Anfield is truly one of the worlds great stadia, a cauldron of noise, colour and passion and it awaits it's next combatants with relish.

Chelsea may well have been to the Nou Camp and the Olympic Stadium in Munich this season already but nothing will prepare them for what awaits at the "Field of Dreams".

Anfield isn't a cauldron of hate and intimidation in the sense of threats to kill or maim like so many European grounds such as Galatassaray, Roma or Juve, it doesn't gain an unfair advantage by bending refs or linesmen , it doesn't even boast a massive capacity.....

BUT ............ What is does have is an unbelievably noisy and colouful fan base, steeped in the history and traditions of this great club. Flags and banners always look that little bit brighter on the KOP and coupled with a  cacophony of noise it's enough to make any player tremble !

It's often said that when the KOP turn up the volume the LFC players rarely, if ever fail to raise their game and I expect no different next Tuesday.

If your not fortunate enough to be there next week I suggest you sack ITV for the audible commentary and switch on your radio and tune into either Five live or Radio City and shut your eyes and imagine the volume 10 times that and even then you will only get an inkling of what it is like to be there.......

Modern football philosophy says that fans don't matter as much as they did in the past. All I can say to that is they obviously haven't been to Anfield on European nights !!!!!

Walk on .............:love:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:41 am

If we get into the finals, would we be the "home" side? I wanna know if we are going to wear our home strip, or is AC Milan gonna pressure UEFA with their mafia mobsters to wear theirs?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:42 am

AC Milan topped their group so would it be more than likely be them wearing their home strip? ?????
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:44 am

btw Ian, I'm filling up from that sentiment. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:03 am

If you look at the tree thing that had like winner of quarterfinal a & b play in semifinal 1 etc. then we would be on the top bar for the final n the team on the top bar is the 1 that played their home game first so I think we would be the 'home' team
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:09 am

We'll need the best performance of the season and an absolutely rocking Anfield to go through. I think the second will be guaranteed as Mourinho will no doubt make a few tasty remarks before the game to wind up the crowd. I'm not as confident as everyone else as Xabi is a huge loss but we'll need to be at our absolute best, and if luck goes our way, we can do it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:11 am

i think im gonna burst with excitement   :D
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:44 am

We can definitely stop them from scoring, my main concern is the ability of the strikers, especially, to score. One goal is enough but it seems a tall order for Baros judging from present form.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:58 am

any chance Hamman will be fit for the second leg?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:46 pm

First, chelsea will see this as their team coach approaches the ground

Then they'll be reminded of where they've come to as the coach pulls into the ground

Then, just in case they forget where they are after Mourinho's arrogant babbling in the dressing room, they will get reminded again of where they have come

As they come out onto the hallowed turf that is ANFIELD, the skies will be darkening and the hordes will be arriving. chelsea's fear will begin to bite

Pretty soon it will be a full house, with 40,000 bellowing reds fans baying for chelsea's blood and re-igniting the flames of the great european nights at ANFIELD

The smell of fear will be thick in the air amongst the chelsea players when the almighty KOP hits full throttle

Then let the battle commence :angry:

And remember, chelsea -  THIS  IS  ANFIELD
Last edited by Woollyback on Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:49 pm

woolly, mourinho will do a zilly (him off stop the pigeon), and bury his head in his stupid overcoat :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ArgentinaCRESPO » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:20 pm

i am waiting for you kop is coming istanbul
got no money,no car, not even a slut to :censored:/but i don't care/ because we are carsi, kings of the world. or:got no money for the bar/too ugly to pull a girl/no charisma to cut a cool image/but we belong to besiktas, so :censored: the lot of you. the club colours are black and white:white-black, life-death
ArgentinaCRESPO

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:33 pm

Just been fishing around the Chelsea forum (cfcnet) and the general mood is not a confident one.
One thread is titled " Are LFC bigger than Chelsea". I wasn't expecting the replies I was reading.
All the chelsea posters are saying, "yes, of course they are" and "I'm not sure we can beat them 5
times in one season" and "I have my doubts"

But one fan wrote:
"Jose will be back on the line and he just wouldn't allow it. After all, he wouldn't like all their fans
putting their finger over their mouth and going "Shhhhhh" to him, would he?"

Well, if we score next week I think that is exactly what all 40,000+ LFC fans  should do. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:38 pm

Lee J wrote:Just been fishing around the Chelsea forum (cfcnet) and the general mood is not a confident one.
One thread is titled " Are LFC bigger than Chelsea". I wasn't expecting the replies I was reading.
All the chelsea posters are saying, "yes, of course they are" and "I'm not sure we can beat them 5
times in one season" and "I have my doubts"

But one fan wrote:
"Jose will be back on the line and he just wouldn't allow it. After all, he wouldn't like all their fans

Well, if we score next week I think that is exactly what all 40,000+ LFC fans  should do. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh yeah, how sweet!  :laugh: Would it be something!
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:42 pm

Lee J wrote:"Jose will be back on the line and he just wouldn't allow it. After all, he wouldn't like all their fans

Hope Woolyback gets that pic, that would be hilarious!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion