Hi from a united fan

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Number 9 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:go read the thread properly barry, like i said to the united fan, i can understand a person supporting a side that their family does. this united fan, is apparently from a family who are from manchester and who support united, so it's pretty obvious he'd follow suit, but when you get cockneys supporting us when they have no connection it's pathetic.

i'm not using anyone in particular here, but for example a cockney is 25 years old right now. you start taking a keen interest in football from five onwards usually. so that would be 20 years ago. 20 years ago Liverpool won the league and reached the fa cup final and were playing some of the best football in the world...so who does little glory hunting cockney support? Watford? Charlton? Wimbledon (who won the fa cup) Leyton Orient? Crystal Palace like his dad? Nah Liverpool...why? because they glory hunters. plain and simple. I don't see 25 year old geordies wearing Liverpool shirts. Or 25 year old mackems or 25 year old mancs. like to point out here because so many of fans from further afield, a manc is somebody from manchester, this thread was started by somebody from blackpool. just because you support united it doesn't make you a manc. if it did then half of asia would be mancs.

also glory hunters bang on about how much they hate everton, try living amongst them day in day out and you'll see what the rivalry is. its banter, its friendly hatred but glory hunters think the louder they shout about their hatred for everton the bigger the fan they are. so please don't make out you know what the rivalry is about because you don't, it's like me telling you why the IRA and the UDA/UVF hate each other.

What are you talking about?
Who mentioned rivalries or Everton?

And double WTF are you talking about Northern Irish paramilities for? :laugh:

Unbelievable lad you really are!

:wwww
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:52 pm

tooshay :blues:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu May 08, 2008 8:59 pm

I am also a Manc born and bred but I support Liverpool and have done for as long as I can remember. Living in another city does not mean you have to support a team from that city just as it is not necessarily "pretty obvious" to be brainwashed by your family in to supporting the team that they do.

Manchester is a big city and believe it or not there are quite a few Liverpool and Everton supporters that live in it you don't have to live in Liverpool to work with Everton supporters so saying they don't have to work with them makes no sense, and for the record neither does the boll0x about shouting louder about hating Everton  ??? . If you have never seen a Geordie or Mackem wearing a Liverpool top I suggest you get out more, there is a whole new world outside of Liverpool and you would be surprised at what you see.

I cheer just as loudly as ANY other Liverpool supporter when we win and suffer just as much when we lose.
destro

Postby NANNY RED » Thu May 08, 2008 9:07 pm

OH manc will be :censored: lovin this he opens a thread in a LFC forum and we all start fightin . :censored: brilliant
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu May 08, 2008 9:42 pm

was thinkin the same thing Nanny, talk football huh thats a laugh -hes havin a dig at our players
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 08, 2008 10:03 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:go read the thread properly barry, like i said to the united fan, i can understand a person supporting a side that their family does. this united fan, is apparently from a family who are from manchester and who support united, so it's pretty obvious he'd follow suit, but when you get cockneys supporting us when they have no connection it's pathetic.

i'm not using anyone in particular here, but for example a cockney is 25 years old right now. you start taking a keen interest in football from five onwards usually. so that would be 20 years ago. 20 years ago Liverpool won the league and reached the fa cup final and were playing some of the best football in the world...so who does little glory hunting cockney support? Watford? Charlton? Wimbledon (who won the fa cup) Leyton Orient? Crystal Palace like his dad? Nah Liverpool...why? because they glory hunters. plain and simple. I don't see 25 year old geordies wearing Liverpool shirts. Or 25 year old mackems or 25 year old mancs. like to point out here because so many of fans from further afield, a manc is somebody from manchester, this thread was started by somebody from blackpool. just because you support united it doesn't make you a manc. if it did then half of asia would be mancs.

also glory hunters bang on about how much they hate everton, try living amongst them day in day out and you'll see what the rivalry is. its banter, its friendly hatred but glory hunters think the louder they shout about their hatred for everton the bigger the fan they are. so please don't make out you know what the rivalry is about because you don't, it's like me telling you why the IRA and the UDA/UVF hate each other.

Similarly, your opinion doesn't reflect every LFC-supporting scouser.

So pull the other one.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 08, 2008 10:06 pm

Here's my take on this "support your local team" debate:

Would you refuse to go out with your dream partner just because she (or he, if you're a fairy/straight woman) lived further away than the trogg who lived next door?

Would you f*ck.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 08, 2008 10:20 pm

Yes, ban him. This has been a terrible mistake, and someone has to pay the broken dishes, as we say here.
:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Woollyback wrote:
stmichael wrote:
SteMufc wrote:I live in Blackpool

so tempting but managed to restrain myself. :D

:D

:laugh:  :laugh:

go on

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SteMufc » Fri May 09, 2008 1:00 am

Yer well done son im from Blackpool. Go on. I'm sure 100% of people that have commented here are from Liverpool. Or Merseyside. Or the North West. Or from England? Im not a glory hunter i stuck with the team my family stuck with through some pretty baron years while Liverpool were winning everything in sight, but the fact still remains that im from Blackpool and i still go to the odd Blackpool match but im not a proper Blackpool fan.  My hearts in United. I go to a lot of games. I have done for several years. My family have taken me. I have mates from going to watch United that i keep in contact with. I'm not trying to start an arguement you guys have managed that without me and im not saying theirs anything wrong with people supporting Liverpool or United because they live elsewhere. And im not having a go at any of your players im simply airing my point of view. Theres a difference between having an opinion and slating someone.
SteMufc

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 09, 2008 1:13 am

SteMufc wrote:Yer well done son im from Blackpool. Go on. I'm sure 100% of people that have commented here are from Liverpool. Or Merseyside. Or the North West. Or from England? Im not a glory hunter i stuck with the team my family stuck with through some pretty baron years while Liverpool were winning everything in sight, but the fact still remains that im from Blackpool and i still go to the odd Blackpool match but im not a proper Blackpool fan.  My hearts in United. I go to a lot of games. I have done for several years. My family have taken me. I have mates from going to watch United that i keep in contact with. I'm not trying to start an arguement you guys have managed that without me and im not saying theirs anything wrong with people supporting Liverpool or United because they live elsewhere. And im not having a go at any of your players im simply airing my point of view. Theres a difference between having an opinion and slating someone.

Don't worry mate - it was nothing to do with you or the fact that your from Blackpool really. Its just a long standing joke thread on here - Will we beat blackpool ? Just do a search for it if you have an hour to kill.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 09, 2008 1:31 am

In fairness, for an 18yr old Man U. supporter, the lad's lasted longer on the forum than I'd have expected.

BTW, WWBB?  :O
LFC2007

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 09, 2008 1:32 am

SteMufc wrote:Hi to all you scousers, im new to the board just wondering if im welcome here. Not here to cause trouble just to talk football. Not sure what else to put so ill just say a bit about myself. I'm 18 support United and good football. I hate all the Heysel, Munich, Hillsbrough stuff going on between so called "fans" which really shouldnt exist. I actually belong to a United forum where we all share the same view that rivalries shouldnt go further than football. Theres many posters in there that tell us about the good old days when the terracing was shared and most fans got along together. Also our forum has all boycotted the sun newspaper for all the stuff said about what happened in Sheffield and all the :censored: that was brought up. We understand what happened was a tradgedy and i personally appologise profusely for any simple minded idiots who sing about things they shouldnt. Well anyway im a season ticket holder at Old Trafford (not old toilet :no ) and go to pretty much every home game and a lot of away games. Anyway thats about it im sure im boring you all now so ill just stop.  :sleep  :D  :D

Hi Ste and welcome to mad world that is this forum  :D

Where else can you introduce yourself as one of the clubs fiercest rivals fans and watch as members implode and get all hot and bothered about the locality of fans !

I live 11.2 miles from Anfield yet don't speak with a Scouse accent. I was born in Merseyside but do not consider myself to be a Scouser.

I've spent the last 20 years working in and around the city but wouldn't consider myself a Scouser.

Both my children were born in Liverpool Women's hospital by choice because it's the best hospital in the NW and also because I want my children to be born here because I have an affinity to the club and the city. This doesn't make me  (or them for that matter) scousers...........

The reality for teams such as LFC and MUFC is that they are a product of their own success and therefore attract WORLDWIDE support.

You can call it glory hunting, call Non Scouse fans OOT's, complain when L postcodes don't appear to get the rub when it comes to Ticket lotteries, moan about fans with camera's and plastic bags full of merchandise and wearing Jesters hats but the reality is that until they rename LFC (Or MUFC for that matter ) a "Local club for Local people" all are welcome.

Football Clubs are open to all not closed shops for people who have gone "in on themselves". Liverpool people are a lot of things and most of them are great but they do have a propensity for self loathing although they cleverly divert the attention away from themselves by pointing the blame elsewhere................

Walk on ..............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri May 09, 2008 2:30 am

LOL classic the petty argument attention seeker has made himself less popular then a MANC fan in his intro thread............god love the pathos of MBs

As for Ste if your as good looking as shaggy was, your welcome otherwise on your bike  :)

Just kidding (oldtimers will know what im talking about) , enjoy the forum
Last edited by laza on Fri May 09, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby reddevil_kim » Sat May 10, 2008 6:38 pm

great to see you guys accept everyone isnt it i too am a united fan id like to see you guys come up with a vauble arguement other then "weve won it five times"  you dont have one how many times have you wont the premiership hmmmmmmm let me think NEVER!just because ste doesnt support liverpool doesnt give the the right to him procreate off is there everyone has there own opinions and are intitled to support any team they like no approvel needed from anyone :cool:  so off we go to moscow and playing our final game to win the prem again dont worry guys keeping telling yourself theres always next year
reddevil_kim

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions Forum