The weather in your place

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:17 pm

I couldn't find the initial thread that was made before, but I'll start one.

Barry and s@int wouldn't want to live where I'm at

:wwww
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:47 pm

your weather is SIDEWAYS?  :wwww
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:00 pm

395 :O
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Do you inhabit an oven? :D
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 pm

metalhead wrote:I couldn't find the initial thread that was made before, but I'll start one.

Barry and s@int wouldn't want to live where I'm at

Anything above 25 degrees C and its too hot for me mate. I would rather be too cold than too hot.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 am

Climate here is just about ideal to be honest. There's much to moan about as always if you're me, but the climate here can't really be faulted. It's hot in the Summer without ever reaching Australian ridiculousness, while the Spring and Autumn are T-shirt and shorts weather, with very little rain during the day.

We're just sailing into Spring now, and today is warm and clear (when I say warm it's about 15 degrees or something and sunny). There was huge storm last night and it bucketed it down for about five hours or so, hence the greenness and the lush countryside I suppose.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:34 am

Well its 32-35 degrees here in the day , and 28 degrees in the night , sunny weather but that will change in the next couple of days , monsoon season
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 am

bigmick wrote:Climate here is just about ideal to be honest. There's much to moan about as always if you're me, but the climate here can't really be faulted. It's hot in the Summer without ever reaching Australian ridiculousness, while the Spring and Autumn are T-shirt and shorts weather, with very little rain during the day.

We're just sailing into Spring now, and today is warm and clear (when I say warm it's about 15 degrees or something and sunny). There was huge storm last night and it bucketed it down for about five hours or so, hence the greenness and the lush countryside I suppose.

sounds very similar to asturias, mick, though maybe a degree or two warmer in spring and autumn. we're coming to the end of a great summer here - high 20s and little rain for the last 2 months. winter is generally pretty fecking wet though and rain is expected most days. but like you say, that is the price for having such beautiful lush green countryside.

autumn can be amazing if you get the right conditions as the mountains are so close to the coast. on a good day in october, for example, you can go and hang out by the sea in the high teens or low 20s then drive for 45 minutes up to 1500 or 2000 meters and get a bit of sledging in.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:49 am

i live to the north of manchester on the edge of the pennines, which is the wet end. i like manchester (sorry) but the weather up here is utterly dreadful, i absolutely can't stand it. it's constantly coudy and it rains so often when everywhere else is dry. i grew up on the north wales coast where you get 5 times as much sunshine and 5 times less rain than here. even going from home into town 5 days a week is like entering a different climate zone  :(

the only thing its got going for it is it's reasonably warm in the summer and it's hardly ever windy. bag o' sh!te really
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

I live on the south coat where the weather is great, nearly almost sunny.

We get 28 to 34 during the summer which is nice, i went up north yesterday to
Staffordshire and it was p1ssing all day, it was so wet and horrible it was untrue.

I then took the family to Alton and it was just wet all day :(

I came back down south and it's nice and dry and warm :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Woollyback wrote:i live to the north of manchester on the edge of the pennines, which is the wet end. i like manchester (sorry) but the weather up here is utterly dreadful, i absolutely can't stand it. it's constantly coudy and it rains so often when everywhere else is dry. i grew up on the north wales coast where you get 5 times as much sunshine and 5 times less rain than here. even going from home into town 5 days a week is like entering a different climate zone  :(

the only thing its got going for it is it's reasonably warm in the summer and it's hardly ever windy. bag o' sh!te really

You should visit the oven, which is the UAE, really hot, the worst part is its very humid as well, we had a day that the humidity level was 97%, you won't last 5 minutes outside!! Hopefully, when october comes up, the heat goes down, the weather becomes better, you get a nice 22-25 C or at most 30C.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Do you inhabit an oven? :D

Yes, you save electricity as well when you want to cook something :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:04 pm

28 degrees C with one more month of winter to go.   Goooooooooood times are a comin'.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:16 pm

metalhead wrote:You should visit the oven, which is the UAE, really hot, the worst part is its very humid as well, we had a day that the humidity level was 97%, you won't last 5 minutes outside!! Hopefully, when october comes up, the heat goes down, the weather becomes better, you get a nice 22-25 C or at most 30C.

It was bloody hot in may when we where in Dubai MH, we are going back in October so it should be a lot cooler then.

Walked around the corner one morning about 9.30 and it felt like someone has just put a big burning oven in my face   :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:05 pm

has been one of the most mildest summers over here that I can remember. Rained everyday for almost 2 months in May and June, which is crazy. WOuld normally expect once a week. Normally it gets into the mid to upper 90s with the really hot days hitting 100. And we always have high humidity.  But this summer has mostly felt cooler anyways, I haven't really been looking at the number though.  Today is only a high of 81 :D  :cool:
JoeTerp

Next

Return to General Chat Forum