The gardening thread - Calling all newkit green thumbs

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Just don't use coffee beans or Pepper as a non-toxic deterrent for unwanted visitors like slugs and snails, you could get a criminal record for it.
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:18 am

It's hardly any wonder you hold the views that you do on the EU if you are content to just take the word of a self-proclaimed Euro-sceptic relating a "tale" told by a Eurosceptic MEP that just happens to portray the EU and a particular aspect of EU Regulation in a ridiculous light.
LFC2007

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:22 am

[quote="LFC2007 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:18 pm"][/quote]

It's fact, EU laws affect British citizens on a micro level, never mind macro - if you can 'try' and disprove this, then I am all ears - but I think you'll be hard pushed to disprove this.  :;):
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:34 am

Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:57 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:22 pm wrote:It's fact, EU laws affect British citizens on a micro level, never mind macro - if you can 'try' and disprove this, then I am all ears - but I think you'll be hard pushed to disprove this.  :;):

This looks like another attempt on your part to go off a tangent whilst trying to appear authoritative on a subject that you really don't know a great deal about. There is, of course, nothing to try to "disprove" about the general point you raise about the nature and extent of the effect of EU law. It's obvious to anyone with any clue that EU law affects Member States at various different levels, of which the business owner is one. What I was actually saying is that your views on the EU -- which are often incoherent and uninformed -- come as no surprise to me given your unquestioning acceptance of stories such as the one you've posted in this thread.
LFC2007

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:10 am

[quote="LFC2007 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 pm"][/quote]

Of course. You weren't able to disprove this specific "tale" and indeed have tried to swerve the debate all together re the bloggers opinions and experience on the matter he speaks of.

Uninformed and incoherent? That was a miniscule blog (as a reason to be aware of the EU and it's ever faltering/collapsing currency) that I've just posted in the appropriate thread. 

Now unless you can explain what is so great about surrendering a huge proportion of national sovereignty to the totalitarian technocrats in Brussels, again I'm all ears in listening to your "apparent" (massive tongue in cheek), informed and coherent ideas - either put up or s.hut up.
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:15 am

After all LFC2007, IF you are so "informed" as the tenor of your posts suggests you are - INFORM US. Reality is, you're not that informed as you've had to attack the poster rather than the post.  :nod
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:56 am

come as no surprise to me given your unquestioning acceptance of stories such as the one you've posted in this thread

Did a little more digging (excuse the pun) and it hasn't taken too much of my time to find a 'more' objective perspective on the issue. Of course, an admitted Euro-sceptic is obviously wrong because he's guilty by association and therefore is bias.

Of course, these are "ridiculous" laws and if LFC2007 or any other Orwellian Federalist would like to refute the facts about this issue, then they had better take it up with the Royal Horticultural Society:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/95 ... w-RHS.html

This, I recall is the second time I've posted factual content regarding the EU and blown your silly attacks on me out of the water. Oh LFC2007, you come wading in like a bull in a China a shop 'trying to sound clever' only to leave 'again' with your tail between your legs.  :)
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 am

Nice job on the garden Lakes but where's all the Gnomes ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:41 pm

[quote="woof woof ! » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 am"][/quote]
lol made sure they where not in the pics lol, all been moved down to the bottom of the garden, not sure what to do with them. keep or bin, seems a shame to bin them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:20 pm

Stick em in the loft lakes.

Oh and LFC2007 Image
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:24 pm

they will fall through the ceiling lol some are made of concerte!
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Put a piece of ply across the joists, feck me, do you need this stuff spoon fed to ya.  :D
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 pm

[quote="Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 pm"][/quote]

lol i have loft boards down in my loft thanks......but you should see whats already up thee, a full fire place.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Derek Bennett » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:56 am wrote:Did a little more digging (excuse the pun) and it hasn't taken too much of my time to find a 'more' objective perspective on the issue. Of course, an admitted Euro-sceptic is obviously wrong because he's guilty by association and therefore is bias.

Of course, these are "ridiculous" laws and if LFC2007 or any other Orwellian Federalist would like to refute the facts about this issue, then they had better take it up with the Royal Horticultural Society:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/95 ... w-RHS.html

This, I recall is the second time I've posted factual content regarding the EU and blown your silly attacks on me out of the water. Oh LFC2007, you come wading in like a bull in a China a shop 'trying to sound clever' only to leave 'again' with your tail between your legs.

Look, I'm not the one who came into the gardening thread to make a political point about the use of coffee granules or ground pepper as a pesticide. You did, and you based your view on information taken from a blog by a self-proclaimed EU-sceptic who did nothing more than relate a "tale" he claims to have heard from a UKIP MEP. In his post, he provided no facts that were capable of being verified to support the claim he made about ground pepper or coffee granules --  and neither did you when you posted it in here. You just took his word for it, I would suggest because you have a bias against the EU. If his general view of the EU hadn't accorded with yours, you probably would have sought to check the veracity of his claims.

All I really did was to point this out because without checking whether the story is actually true, it has as much value as any other unsubstantiated assertion on the subject. And that's no basis on which to form a judgment about the EU. You have since come out more incoherent tangential buffoonery that I have no intrrest in debating right now, and certainly not in the gardening thread.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum