Tennis thread

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun May 31, 2009 2:25 pm

He's had his hair cut? Just like most peoples hair at the minute imo.

Why can't people give a good British talent some praise.

I imagine these are the same people that complained that Tim Henman wasn't good enough as well!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun May 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Straight sets win against Cilic, into the quarters heads Andy Murray, where he will meet Fernando Gonzalez.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun May 31, 2009 2:56 pm

5 games all in the 2nd set Soderling v Nadal. Shocker on the cards!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun May 31, 2009 3:09 pm

Tim henman was a load of shyte..... anyhow im a federer fan...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun May 31, 2009 4:32 pm

2 honest questions.

(1)why do tennis fans think tennis is just about wimbledon. I realise it is the biggest major but there  are three others and many other tournaments too?

(2) why don't you support your players?

Henman was a top 10 player. That is a great achievement. Instead people give out that he wasn't good enough to win a major as if he owed you one. Murray seems to have the potential to win one and as Federer begins to fade it would seem Nadal (who is undoubtedly better than Murray) is the big stumbling block, but on any given day...

Anyway Murray is obviously an excellent British tennis player.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 31, 2009 4:47 pm

I don't know about others but I look forward to Wimbledon because it's the only tournament I get to go to and watch live. As for 'supporting your own players', im not sure what that is meant to mean. Is this the equivilent of go support your local team but for tennis?  :D Anyway I don't really support any one particular player I just like to watch tennis generally. Obviously you enjoy watching the top players but I enjoy watching any match.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Nadal is out. :O

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:46 pm

I know mate... massive!!! first loss there in over 4 years... Murray got a great shout now
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:54 pm

Murray Vs Federer in the final? Should be now.
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun May 31, 2009 8:38 pm

I'd love to see Federer win it as it is probably his last chance. It would equal Sampress's record and also make him only the second man since Rod Laver (agassi the other) to win them all.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:40 pm

Someone different would be nice i think. About time they got shared about.
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 31, 2009 11:31 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Murray is a c*nt and doesn't deserve to win anything.

I hope that Frenchman batters him today, or, better still, Federer shows him up as the ten-bob cart horse he truly is.

Yeh it's obvious Lando also knows sweet feck all about tennis.

To start with he's playing a Croatian player....his record against Federer is top class....He can't meet the Swiss until the final as he's in the other side of the draw.....so there's only Nadal that stands in the way of Murray winning this GS.

Erm... touché i guess.

Other than Murray being the best Brit since Fred Perry....he does obviously deserve to win a GS.

Erm... Suck my balls, pal. I have no interest in the Scottish tw*t - why the f*ck would I know who he is playing?

I caught a 2 second clip on SSN of him playing a Frenchman - sorry if I've trodden on your tongue, there, but I didn't realise it was on the floor, waiting for Murray to sh*t on it.

Tell you what - why don't you go to a match and ask him if you can wax his love-length with your nipples, you gay-batting c*nt?

He's the worst player to ever enter the top 3. Argue all you want - it's fact. He has no killer shot and is distinctly average. His entire game relies on wearing the opponent out by hitting his double-handed gay shots like a f*cking girl. He's so far up his own a*se you'd need a 24-man cave-rescue team, 3 surgeons and a 14-mile length of rope just to find his f*cking week-old copy of "Andy Murray - Me, Me, Me" he left behind before embarking on another "glorious" trek into the deepest echelons of his rectal cavity.

Anyone who kisses their biceps having been utterly outclassed by someone half their size, only to win due to the fact that he's worked up incredible stamina on his anal excursions, needs a kicking the likes of which the World has never seen.

He is arrogant, discourteous, petulant in defeat and ungracious in victory. He is a gangrenous boil on the anus of the tennis-playing fraternity and the sooner he f*cks off back to searching his sh*tbox for good, the better.

And, friend. Don't come the big "I know everything about tennis because I W*nk myself half-blind every time my biggest, bestest hero Andy gets all sweaty and hot on a court", because it doesn't wash with me.

Now f*ck off, gimp.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 31, 2009 11:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:Why does everyone have it in for Andy Murray? It's hard enough for a Brit to come up in this sport so he has to be confident. Not arrogance at all.

F*ck off Bav - he comes out with words to the effect of "I hate England", then expects the Wimbledon crowd to jizz over his wristbands.

The bloke's a complete and utter self-indulgent c*nt. He's got limited ability and has reaped the benefits of having a mum who is high up in the LTA. It's his coach who should get the plaudits, not that sack of sh*t.

Look at him and then look at his brother. One is a c*ck-faced rodent c*nt, the other is a genuine fella who actually shows some humility and respect.

There's the difference, and that's why Andy is a b*stard - he can't blame his upbringing - it's all him.

I really hope that if he ever wins a Grand-Slam, Sue Barker runs onto the podium and tw*ts him in the knackers with a Wilson Hyper-Hammer.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:43 pm

Lando... you're funny

but Murray, although being amassive grinder, is abetter player, and mroe deserved player than Dkokovic, and he's working more on his drop shots and backhands....

but he dont like England... so what?

Come on Murray!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 pm

Calm down Lando jeez mate. :D Like I said I just like the game i never said I was the founder of his fan club or anything. Also I actually never heard of that 'I hate England thing before' until now. Not a clever thing to say indeed.

Also every players has some tendancy that is annoying to others. Murray kisses his biceps. Djokovic does his impressions on youtube, Federer is cocky (but he is allowedto be :D ) and Nadal slows the game down when serving to take 10 years to warm up and move each muscle 1 at a time. It's all part of their persona on the court mate.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum