Swine flu vaccination - Would you have it

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:18 pm

ok so i am booked in for it next week, been told i should have it due to my line of work.

my wife is not sure she should have it, she is pregnant and they will ask her very soon.

my 4 year old has not been offerd it, do you think they should also give it to the kids?

i know there was a link to deaths in america in 1976.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 pm

it should be given voluntarily so nobody can go crying if it goes wrong. If you're told to have it and it goes wrong sue the sh!t out of whoever told you to
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Greavesie wrote:it should be given voluntarily so nobody can go crying if it goes wrong. If you're told to have it and it goes wrong sue the sh!t out of whoever told you to

well i work in schools and all over the place, i teach around 400 people a week all in small rooms, the docs know this (as they send most of them to me) so it was the docs that said i should get it done, is also due to me having asthma, but that only gets bad when i get colds.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 pm

hmm like I say if you've been advise to get it then fair enough but in no way should you be forced to have it. If you don't get it it doesnt immediately follow you'll wipe out all the kids with swine flu. I've read quite a bit on this swine flu, don't know if anyone on here's had it but it seems rather mythical to me. Nobody actually gets diagnosed, you phone up a line, get given a ference for tammy flu and then get told to stay away from everyone because you MIGHT have swine flu. Seems to like its an easy week off work. Thats probably besides the point tho :D

I'm not sure about a vaccination to be honest mate but due to your line of work you probably should just to be on the safe side.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:04 am

my mate has just had swine flu, he got it bad and was locked in his room for 8 days lol, he is ok now, the women over the road now has it, but as you say test are not being done on them so it might just be the normal flu and that jab i had done 2 weeks ago.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:44 am

Well, the company I work for actually make booth seasonal and swine flu vaccine.
But only for the U.S.

Just get it done and don't be a fanny :D

There willl have been, without doubt, mis-diagnoses due to the fancy online thing they've had going.

The threat of a pandemic is great for business.
Means Ive gotta do Xmas eve nightshift and New Year's Eve nightshift though  :sniffle
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:45 am

lakes10 wrote:ok so i am booked in for it next week, been told i should have it due to my line of work.

my wife is not sure she should have it, she is pregnant and they will ask her very soon.

my 4 year old has not been offerd it, do you think they should also give it to the kids?

You should get injected WITH IT for being such a sh,it talking fool...I would decline you an immunisation against anything if it were up to me..but Im not Gordon Brown!
One can only hope your GP sees sense and hits you with the whole hog...BTW Im coming to England on Monday for a few days with work(its not as big as it looks)..I will find you! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:50 am

Number 9 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:ok so i am booked in for it next week, been told i should have it due to my line of work.

You should get injected WITH IT for being such a sh,it talking fool...

:D One of those "I don't know why I think it's funny but I do" comments  :laugh: .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 am

bigmick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

You should get injected WITH IT for being such a sh,it talking fool...

:D One of those "I don't know why I think it's funny but I do" comments  :laugh: .

:D
Well I laughed when I typed it...and Im going to bed mightily fuc'king loaded...NOW!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 am

Number 9 wrote:

You should get injected WITH IT for being such a sh,it talking fool...I would decline you an immunisation against anything if it were up to me..but Im not Gordon Brown!
One can only hope your GP sees sense and hits you with the whole hog...BTW Im coming to England on Monday for a few days with work(its not as big as it looks)..I will find you! :D

cool, if you get here for 6pm you can come to my anger class lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 am

get baz to have the flu injection in his ringpiece :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:44 am

Firstly the 1976 outbreak was not the same. This strain (H1N1) is new and thus the vaccine is different.

Secondly, most side-effects that you may of heard are more than likely rumour. The NHS has to provide you with a datasheet detailing all known side-effects. The choice then is with you.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:55 am

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:59 am

Judge wrote:link to differences to the 1976 flu and 2009 swine flu

lakes click this link to find out

can i click too ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:00 am

lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:it should be given voluntarily so nobody can go crying if it goes wrong. If you're told to have it and it goes wrong sue the sh!t out of whoever told you to

well i work in schools and all over the place, i teach around 400 people a week all in small rooms, the docs know this (as they send most of them to me) so it was the docs that said i should get it done, is also due to me having asthma, but that only gets bad when i get colds.

How the phuck do you get so much time to post on here then ?  :D

Jeez - I'd say your kids are the dunces of the education system !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Next

Return to General Chat Forum