Speeding offences - Advice needed.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red37 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:36 pm

can i put this out to anyone who can help with a spot of bother im in.. :(

basically, last year while on holiday in wales i got clocked doing 35 in a 30  :bump , not exactly 'project gotham' speeds but, hey. they got me, end of.

my stupidity however has made things worse.
though i did receive the doomed NIP after the bizzies had traced the vehicle to me via vauxhall's hire firm. it got put to one side due to various reasons....and, i 'forgot' about it.  :(

after receiving a gentle reminder, i phoned up the relevant people and in no uncertain terms, promised to comply asap.....
that should of been the end of it.

then christmas happened.... i know, it should have been dealt with like i said i would. there and then. alas, again i failed to sort it.

NOW... ive received a summons to llandudno nick on 23rd FEB.
firstly, i cant get there coz of work, no doubt about that. second... the summon says " failure to provide information about the offence" etc etc...driver details and all that.
i dont get that bit, when they clearly knew who to send the NIP to, as i was the driver of the car at the time.... ???
and clearly admitting on the phone (ok,second time) id be paying them right away?? what exactly will it mean? and can i not turn up to court, then just pay the dues coming to me.....

i know it aint much to lose sleep over lads...but things arent exactly growing on trees here at the mo

:down:

id appreciate any 'good news' if there will be any...or similar tales of woe...in terms of what to expect.

thanks good ppl.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:46 pm

plenty of advice here mate. 35mph should almost certainly mean 3 points and a £60 fine, althought they may be a bit sh!tty with you for being late replying and also because north wales police have "zero tolerance" on speeding offences

i once got done at 96 on a motorway and got 4 points and £185 fine, although that was cheshire police and crewe magistrates. i wouldn't sweat it mate, unless of course if you're already on 9pts :D

PS. read the NIP properly, you can plead guilty by post so you don't have to fanny about going to llandudno
Last edited by Woollyback on Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm

thanks woolly m8.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:59 am

also it is standard to request who was driving as you may not have been driving. i am assuming you got clocked by a camera and not stopped by the police.

its not as serious as you are making out, just admit the offence, get you points and your fine
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:52 pm

Is it a hire car or something ?

If so, then deny that you where driving and request a copy of the picture taken so that you can help them with their enquiries.

£20 says they cant provide it, so then the case will be thrown out.

SORTED !
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Is it a hire car or something ?

If so, then deny that you where driving and request a copy of the picture taken so that you can help them with their enquiries.

SORTED !

6 months in jail for perjury if they can find it though.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:39 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Is it a hire car or something ?

SORTED !

if it was a hire car the notice would have gone to the rental company for them to provide details of the driver or the hirer, then the hirer will have to provide details of the driver and failure to provide the details is an offence
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:33 pm

red37 wrote:can i put this out to anyone who can help with a spot of bother im in.. :(

basically, last year while on holiday in wales i got clocked doing 35 in a 30  :bump , not exactly 'project gotham' speeds but, hey. they got me, end of.

my stupidity however has made things worse.
though i did receive the doomed NIP after the bizzies had traced the vehicle to me via vauxhall's hire firm. it got put to one side due to various reasons....and, i 'forgot' about it.  :(

after receiving a gentle reminder, i phoned up the relevant people and in no uncertain terms, promised to comply asap.....
that should of been the end of it.

then christmas happened.... i know, it should have been dealt with like i said i would. there and then. alas, again i failed to sort it.

NOW... ive received a summons to llandudno nick on 23rd FEB.
firstly, i cant get there coz of work, no doubt about that. second... the summon says " failure to provide information about the offence" etc etc...driver details and all that.
i dont get that bit, when they clearly knew who to send the NIP to, as i was the driver of the car at the time.... ???
and clearly admitting on the phone (ok,second time) id be paying them right away?? what exactly will it mean? and can i not turn up to court, then just pay the dues coming to me.....

i know it aint much to lose sleep over lads...but things arent exactly growing on trees here at the mo

:down:

id appreciate any 'good news' if there will be any...or similar tales of woe...in terms of what to expect.

thanks good ppl.

This tells me that he did not own the car.

JBG - perjury only if the picture proves that it was him after he says it wasnt him.

Just ask for the picture and say that you do not recall the incident/location. Only three things can happen:

1)  If it is produced and shows you clearly, admit it,

2)  If its produced but does not show its you, two choices,

(1) if you have more than 9 points deny it OR

(2) if you have less than six points admit it too,

3)f they cant produce it then case thrown out.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:34 pm

If you are on 9 points and the police are certain its you,it says on the back of the NIP you can attend a one day drivers awareness class and if you do that you dont get the 3 points.....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:40 pm

thanks lads for your responses  :bowdown

leon, the devil in me is sorely tempted to pull that one off mate  :D  the thing is when i finally got round to ringing 'em id already agreed to send them the reddies... nice thought though!!

once more cheers lads.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:42 pm

red37 wrote:thanks lads for your responses  :bowdown

leon, the devil in me is sorely tempted to pull that one off mate  :D  the thing is when i finally got round to ringing 'em id already agreed to send them the reddies... nice thought though!!

once more cheers lads.

its ok mate........i've been through it 3 times..... :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:49 am

f.uck me phil..how many points have you had  :D

on a serious note..this is far from being the first time ive heard stories about the (ahem) revenue generating capacity abound the roads of north wales.. people beware.

its blatant daylight 'rapery' in my book and the reason why me and the big kwak said a sad goodbye last autumn. there just arent enough decent surfaces laid in this country to justify owning AND using a motorcycle properly, and if/when there are...the bizzies are all over em like a rash :down:

to put a true perspective on it...my 'offence' was captured by the bizzies on a stretch of the A55, that was at the time undergoing areas of maintenance. and the speed limit was in continuous fluctuation along nearly the whole length of the fecker, at times 30 at times back up to 60. then they do me for going 5 miles over it...while shifting up/down through every gear for over 20 miles..and keeping up with the flow of traffic!   :no 

anyhow enough said, ill take the points and the fines..like a good boy eh
:veryangry

thanks lads.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:12 am

Best bet - just accept the points and pay the fine.

Same as JBG says - perjury is a real possiblity.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Honolulu Bob » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 am

Tell them to fu.ck off and that because it's a fixed penalty it is illegal that you be asked to pay.

The Bill of Rights of 1689 states "that all grants and promises of fines and forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void" - basically meaning that fixed penalties such as speeding fines, parking tickets etc. are illegal because the law of the land states that you must be convicted of an offence in a court before you are fined, which you haven't been.
Mind you they might then take you to court to get a conviction for the motoring offence!  :D

Don't ever pay a parking ticket though, the same law applies but because parking offences were de-criminalised in 1991 they can't even take you to court, so basically are screwed if you choose not pay. One bloke in Sunderland has successfully argued this 30 times and got away with it every time - Arrrrrrrr tis good ta be a Pirate!! :pirate
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:42 am

to wrap this up, ive phoned the court and will be sending in the form by post pleading guilty. i then rang north wales bizzies and clarified that the offence was simply nothing more than failing to tell them for sure it WAS me at the wheel.

apparantly offering to pay by switch at the time of the N.I.P, therefore surely admitting guilt  ??? ..is not a good enough means of letting the thick coniving gets know whats what!

so all you lot, dont be putting those strange brown envelopes to the back of the pile anymore..... you'd be a very naughty boy to do so

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum