The police force - Advice needed

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:13 am

i think it did, certain officers were disciplined but i don't remember if any were dismissed, but i think the independent body found the force used to be reasonable, some people don't realise that even killing can be seen as reasonable force (it all depends on the circumstances). the force is not reasonable if you carry on using it when the other person is no longer a threat (ie they have been subdued).

one more thing on the kharhaz posts, in relation to the smell of ale on him, any police officer who did not give a breath test in that incident is a disgrace, if you had been drinking and they let you drive off, if you are then involved in an accident they should be ashamed. the police are not magic and thats why these tests exist.

i will say to anyone if you have done no wrong there is no reason to be worried about being stopped, the wrong attitude will not win you any favours.

if any of you think british policing is bad then i suggest you move to thailand and see real bad policing in action, most people are stopped just to extract money which goes straight into the policeman pocket (even though no offence has been committed, its accepted practice here, most people just pay it, i however am friends with a senior thai policeman who sorts things out for me so i just have to make a call when stopped)
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:28 am

peewee wrote:i think it did, certain officers were disciplined but i don't remember if any were dismissed,

One was suspended - he was guilty, my brother's mate (bluenose too), now lives in Auz.

But I was wondering if they found out why the orders were given - dont think anyone ever got to the bottom of it.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 am

Kharhaz wrote:
CardinalRed wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
peewee wrote:so when you said you got stopped for indicating you just made that up?    :D

i understand what you are saying mate, but how are the police supposed to know if your are a crim until they pull you over? and i am sure that if the police kept of your estate and didnt stop cars you would complain about the crime there.

not all criminals drive around speeding with stolen contraband or drugs in their car, in fact they do the opposite, they tend to obey the RTA so as not to draw attention to themselves and risk being stopped. also remember its night time so the police can not see who is in the car.

a word of advice mate, if you have done nothing wrong don't worry about getting pulled over, just stop and be polite. as soon as people start with the whole 'have you got nothing better to do' nonsense then you are on a hiding to nothing, the police will probably find a fault on your vehicle and give you a fixed penalty, or at least ask you to produce your documents, all for the sake of being uncivil to someone doing their job.

i know some police are idiots who will have attitude to you but just don't rise to the bait, you wont win mate, just smile and be pleasant.

i also stopped a car once and the guy stank of ale, turns out a wine bottle had broken in the car and thats what the smell was, he explained it, i breathalised him and off he went on his way with no problems.

Well done PeeWee....! Good investigative skills used to suss Kharhaz out there, proves you never lose it eh?
This fella obviously doesn't like the Cops and it doesn't look like his preconceptions are going to be changed.
There are numpties in every walk of life and the Police Force is no different, PeeWee has the right attitude, it costs nothing to be decent with people and then react from where they want to take a situation.
I'm afraid it looks like Kharhaz has already made his mind up but the two Officers who stopped him were doing what Bobbies do on every estate across the country every night of the week in an attempt to flush out villains.
18 years ago my Tutor said to me: "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice......"
There are Cops who should remember that, and there members of the Public who should remember that as well......

:cool:

To suss me out? I was on my way home late at night so traffic was scarce and although there was no traffic I still indicated rather than drive straight round without indicating, but by doing so I was pulled over.

why you no listen?

Peewee is offering a simple explanation here based on his experience in the force.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:07 pm

These are from Kharhaz's shoulder......!!!

CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:24 pm

it's just so feckin obvious that if you get stopped by the police whatever the reason, that you should just be civil to them. they're only doing their job and if you fancy playing the charlie big b0llocks with them they'll just make your life difficult just to annoy you. most people who moan about the police would no doubt be the first to complain if they weren't around
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:14 pm

CardinalRed wrote:These are from Kharhaz's shoulder......!!!

I wish they were, they look really nice !
But in all serious yeah I probably am going on about it too much it just wound up big time. Thinking about (and the responses given here), yeah I should lighten up and let it go....
Breath in......and out....
Done !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:43 am

Kharhaz wrote:
CardinalRed wrote:These are from Kharhaz's shoulder......!!!

I wish they were, they look really nice !
But in all serious yeah I probably am going on about it too much it just wound up big time. Thinking about (and the responses given here), yeah I should lighten up and let it go....
Breath in......and out....
Done !

Ok mate, good effort.... no more digs from me, nice one....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:02 am

I think that Peewee's guide to deal with police men is wise, and would work in my country aswell. In this country if you answer them defiantly or trying to be too smart, you'll pay dearly for it.

That said, I can understand Karhaz, when I put myself in the skin of a man that has been working hard, and he's annoyed by the police with comments like the smell,  just when all that  he wants is reaching home to rest. But in those cases you have to eat your pride and collaborate. You have no option.

Myself, I cannot talk about the police as a whole. As a whole I have respect for them. But just like in footballers, doctors, and everything, there's a fair amount of fúckwits among the police men too, they are no exception.

Good luck to Wilhemsson in his goal. There are many ways to change society, from becoming a teacher to educate and avoid criminals, to becoming a police men and dealing with the problem once it's there. Anyhow, noble sentiments those.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:28 pm

when asked a question by the police and you tell them exactly what your doing, they reply ''dont get smart''

such as

policeman ''where you going?''

me ''going home officer''

polieman ''dont get smart, where do you live?''

me ''there'' (points with finger)

policeman ''have you been drinking''

me ''no, have you!''

policeman ''do you want to get arrested?''

me ''for what?''

policeman, after thinking for a while ''im watching you boy''

me (after policeman leaves) ''ar'sehole''

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:24 pm

Judge wrote:when asked a question by the police and you tell them exactly what your doing, they reply ''dont get smart''

such as

policeman ''what are you doing?''

me "looking at your truncheon...''

polieman ''dont get smart, what ya doing now?''

me ''wishing i was taking it up the sh!tter'' (slips in a finger)

policeman ''have you been w@nking''

me ''no, have you!''

policeman ''do you want to get arrested?''

me "handcuff me? Yes please big boy''

policeman, after thinking for a while ''im not gay"

me  ''I am, I'm gay as t!ts me''

:D

no wonder we worry about you judge...  :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:19 pm

I work with the police on a daily basis and I see the good and the bad, and sometimes the very bad, but my own experience is that the vast majority are decent sorts just doing their job.

You do come across the odd tosspot who is on a total power trip (but even with these guys you'll find their colleagues can't stand them either) and the occasional pyscho who is not better than the villians they try to put behind bars. It can be argued that the police force attracts a certain type of human being that could just as easily been a criminal, a gangster, a genocidal militia man or a concentration camp guard in another life but while you do occasionally see these types it is totally and utterly unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

As Woolly said, if you get pulled over you must cooperate. Its your citizens responsility and duty to do so and even if you are so inclined not to buy into the whole social contract and social responsibility side of it, it just makes common sense, because if you are nice to a police man or woman they will more than likely be nice back and let you off with a warning if its a minor indiscretion. However, if you give lip or be aggressive then expect the worst and honestly if you give lip or be aggressive or uncooperative you are simply asking for trouble.

I see so many people ending up in court over minor matters not because of the copper but because the punter was stupid about it and give the copper lip and pi.ssed him off.
Last edited by JBG on Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum