New zealand maori 19 - 13 lions - Oh yes!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby taff » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:32 am

Team just announced

Oh Dear  ???
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:16 am

British & Irish Lions: Jason Robinson; Josh Lewsey, Brian O'Driscoll (captain), Jonny Wilkinson, Gareth Thomas; Stephen Jones, Dwayne Peel; Gethin Jenkins, Shane Byrne, Julian White, Paul O'Connell, Ben Kay, Richard Hill, Neil Back, Martin Corry (vice-captain).
Replacements: Steve Thompson, Graham Rowntree, Danny Grewcock, Ryan Jones, Matt Dawson, Will Greenwood, Shane Horgan.

I know Woodward likes to be loyal to certain players but this is ridiculous. Jason Robinson? The guy's hardly played on this tour. Lewsey is the best full back bar none and he's stuck out on the wing. Geordan Murphy should be in on the wing with Lewsey at full back. Wilko at 12 is a gamble but I suppose he provides another kicking option and an extra physical presence in defence.

:help
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:07 pm

Interesting team to say the least.

Lewsey will play fullback and Robinson on the wing I think St mick. As you said Lewsey is the best full back going round.

Henson not in the sqaud???
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:13 pm

looks like Lewsey will be on the wing after all ,wtf!?!?!?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:58 pm

The only game plan I can think of is bulk up from 10 -13 and use them to pass and creat angled running for the back three who are good and do look for work.

Hill I think is lucky and Corry as Easterby and Ryan Jones have easily outshone them.

Back is one ugly fool but still class.

The front five sort of pick themselves

I am bemused by the team as he said those in form, but now its those with experience matter.  I hope we win and think we can with that team but bad games from those who havent turned up yet and the backlash will be fierce for Sir Clive. 

The official line is Henson could be suspect in defence as Wales play a different defensive game to England  ??? WTF.  I thought tackling someone was the same in any language
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum