All blacks 21 - 3 lions - Absolute domination.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:49 pm

Woollyback wrote:rugby does nowt for me but the haka is brilliant

Yeah , but if a dozen or so footy fans make the same kind of challenge out on the street they get arrested .

I'd love to see teams responed to the Haka with something like
"Yer put yer left leg in
  Yer left leg out
  Yer do the okey cokey and yer turn about
  Ohhhhhh ! the okey cokey "

:D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:05 am

maybe the lions should all grow big bushy moustaches and reply to the haka with a full-on YMCA :D  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:32 am

Woollyback wrote:maybe the lions should all grow big bushy moustaches and reply to the haka with a full-on YMCA :D  :D

:laugh:   Clive Woodward could certainly do with us in the changing room Wooly ,

And it won't be me pickin' up the soap .
:D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:41 am

:D

Bob should be Lions' coach  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:28 am

Big Niall wrote:Those :censored:1ng all blacks doing their little dance before the game. Few of them are even Maori, whats next, the Aussies doing an aborigine dance?

:censored: off you :censored:!   :veryangry
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:30 am

woof woof ! wrote:Must admit this whole haka thing is a pain in the ar'se , if I was the oppo coach i'd tell my lads to get their knobs out and take a  pi'ss on the half way line.

:cool:

plaease don't talk about something you have little understanding about, cos frankly it would be very offensive to many people, myself included.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:48 am

LFC #1 wrote:plaease don't talk about something you have little understanding about,

???  It's never stopped you from talking about Liverpool and football .
Never pegged you as someone who takes themselves so seriously .As I understand it the "Haka" is a form of welcome and challenge performed by male members of the Maori people .It's now most famously used by the All Blacks at the start of each international game of rugby .
Seeing it once or twice is quaint but do I want to see it every time the all blacks play ? I don't think so ,especially as most of the performers aren't Maori.
What next ,white south africans doing the Zulu gumboot dance ? blonde and blue eyed Americans performing a Navaho rain dance ? 

Yeah LFC , lets take it all a lot more seriously . 
:laugh:
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:02 am

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:plaease don't talk about something you have little understanding about,

???  It's never stopped you from talking about Liverpool and football .
Never pegged you as someone who takes themselves so seriously .As I understand it the "Haka" is a form of welcome and challenge performed by male members of the Maori people .It's now most famously used by the All Blacks at the start of each international game of rugby .
Seeing it once or twice is quaint but do I want to see it every time the all blacks play ? I don't think so ,especially as most of the performers aren't Maori.
What next ,white south africans doing the Zulu gumboot dance ? blonde and blue eyed Americans performing a Navaho rain dance ? 

Yeah LFC , lets take it all a lot more seriously . 
:laugh:

So because I am not from Liverpool I am therefore ignorant about the club and the city? I'm sure not everyone would agree with you there.

I am not saying beacuse you are English that you have little knowledge on the subject but saying you'd get the players to take a :censored: on the halfway line (not sure if you were saying it in jest or not, but still wasn't called for IMO) definitely shows a bit of ignorance.

It is done as a challenge, you are correct, and is a big part of New Zealand rugby culture and why not do it ever yagem, it's a great spectacle.

You're not Maori argument is flawed. The Maori culture was the only dominant culture in NZ before European settlement and thus our anthem is still sung in Maori and many white people have Maori descendants anyway. White New Zelanders are allowed to do it anyway. When i was about 12 and living in NZ, our school which had a large number of Maori students visited a Marae, which is a traditional Maori place for spiritual meeting of hteir people. One of our teachers was Maori and 4 of us had to perform the haka in fornt of Maori elders nad the students, and I think their was only one Maori amongst the four of us, the Maori people weren't bothered by this at all.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:28 am

LFC #1 wrote: ???  It's never stopped you from talking about Liverpool and football .

4 of us had to perform the haka in fornt of Maori elders nad the students, and I think their was only one Maori amongst the four of us, the Maori people weren't bothered by this at all.

Maybe I should have put a smiley face after the first comment , you obviously take yourself a lot more seriously than I do .

As for you and some friends performing the haka , it is laudible that  the "settlers " and their decendants have adopted some of the indigenous peoples customs . Still, it doesn't mean that I want to see the Haka EVERY time I watch your mob playing rugby.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:34 am

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:???  It's never stopped you from talking about Liverpool and football .

4 of us had to perform the haka in fornt of Maori elders nad the students, and I think their was only one Maori amongst the four of us, the Maori people weren't bothered by this at all.

Maybe I should have put a smiley face after the first comment , you obviously take yourself a lot more seriously than I do .

As for you and some friends performing the haka , it is laudible that  the "settlers " and their decendants have adopted some of the indigenous peoples customs . Still, it doesn't mean that I want to see the Haka EVERY time I watch your mob playing rugby.

I tend to be quite laid back, but not when i see a comment which i believe is distasteful towards my nation. Even if it was meant in jest it can still seem quite offeensive.

Anyway woof I know you are a pretty intelligent lad, and like to have laugh, and wouldn't have intended to cause any offense, so am willing to let bygones be bygones.  :)

I am off to work now anyway.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:54 am

LFC #1 wrote:Anyway woof I know you are a pretty intelligent lad, and like to have laugh,

:nod   :D 

Laugh and the world laughs with you .Take yourself to seriously and the world laughs at you .         :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:16 am

109-6 :D

yes i know it was basically a pub team we were playing against but there were some impressive performances. shane williams must have played his way into the test team at the expense of jason robinson.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:34 am

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:Anyway woof I know you are a pretty intelligent lad, and like to have laugh,

:nod   :D 

Laugh and the world laughs with you .Take yourself to seriously and the world laughs at you .         :D

I will take that on board in future.   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:35 am

stmichael wrote:109-6 :D

yes i know it was basically a pub team we were playing against but there were some impressive performances. shane williams must have played his way into the test team at the expense of jason robinson.

Manawatu are not even in the top division of NZ Rugby, but still 109-6 is quite a smashing it must be said.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:34 am

Lol Woof Woof i didn't think is was possible to stir LFC#1, but you found the pressure point. I love the haka. when i was a lad our school toured south island and before every game each team did their own version of the haka. I remmeber being scared stupid. 

And i always enjoy watching exactly how the opposing team handles the haka, either in a hundle trying to ignore it or staring them down. 

that was one for the books the trashing at palmerston north. Having said that i think the changes made to the all blacks make them stronger, especially kelleher for marshall. I thought Marshall had a poor game by his standards and some of his passes were woefull.

can't wait for the rugby extravaganza on saturday. all blacks game followed by wallabies game.  :cool:

well i have to watch something if there is no football.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum