New zealand maori 19 - 13 lions - Oh yes!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby taff » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:41 pm

Back on track

Bring on those Kiwi poofs  :wwww
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:43 pm

taff wrote:Back on track

Bring on those Kiwi poofs  :wwww

i saw the first half taff and to be perfectly honest the conditions were absolutely horrendous. it was never going to be a free flowing game.

also, the referee (yes a kiwi) seemed to have no clue how to referee the front rows in the scrums. unfortunately, i have a feeling that the southern hemisphere "interpretations" of the laws are going to have more of an effect on the outcome of the test series than the rugby itself.

but like you said, bring it on. :alien:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:58 pm

The Lions were much improved tonight, the Wilkinson and Henson partnership looks like it could work well to me, both had good games. In fact a lot of the welshamn did. Gareth Thomas and Jenkins were excellent also.

Still think that their is work to be done if they are to beat the All Blacks though.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:27 am

Agreed LFC #1, but their tight five looked very solid. Good to see JW miss his first attempt at a field goal since being back in rep footy. however i bet he doesn't miss many more.

During the all blacks games the ref won't be a kiwi. so i don't think the BL's will have many excuses there.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:34 am

The bad refereeing could work against the Kiwis.

It looks like a forward battle is on the cards, but our backs havent clicked yet and contrary to Southern Hemisphere myth, your boys are not super human

Bring it on  :buttrock
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:50 am

taff wrote:The bad refereeing could work against the Kiwis.

It looks like a forward battle is on the cards, but our backs havent clicked yet and contrary to Southern Hemisphere myth, your boys are not super human

Bring it on  :buttrock

lol, I don't think southern hemisphere are superhuman. look who won the world cup? In fact aus were extremely lucky to progress through to the final, because we shi.t in super 12 that year and very shaky on the national level. however they were unlucky to lose the way they did. and the all blacks... need to get that world cup monkey off their backs.

I think its a very exciting time for northern hemisphere rugby, especially with the welsh revolution. I truly believe this Lions side in one of the best sides in the world and i am glad they are not playing the wallabies, but NZ should be up to the task. The games are gonna be brutal.

I just really hate Clive Woodward tho.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:56 pm

Yahoo home page theres a link to a Sure advert with design your own haka it is hilarious.

Hang on Ill see if I can get the link

http://www.skivedomain.com/sure/laka/?id=4

:D

Ive been making hakas all afternoon  :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:53 am

quite good that actually, when i first saw the link I thought it might be offensive. But it really has no reference to the haka at all, as it's all British and Irish dances.

Some Australian show made one up with the same rhythm as the All Black haka, except with an Aussie cultural background, was quite distasteful and a lot of Maoris were very offended by it. Also the Spice Girls did it when touring NZ a while back and were flamed, as it is disrespectful for woman to do the actual haka, although if you see it done on a Maori Marae their is often women in the background accompanying the men with a traditional dance.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:49 am

the haka is one of the best things in sport, it's brilliant
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:04 am

lions were garbage this morning. henson had a good game though. seemed like he had a point to prove after apparently being left out of the test 22. i actually wouldn't be surprised if this was a smokescreen by woodward and henson did make the squad for the test. playing wilkinson at inside centre seems like a big risk to me.

anyway henson's only got himself to blame. his form has gone downhill ever since he turned to religion.

yes folks, he's in and out of church every night. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:16 pm

another tough win for the Lions, much improvement needed if they are going to seriously challenge the All Blacks. Henson should be in the 22 no question.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:36 pm

in other sport news...

our tim is lookin dodgy again!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:59 pm

Dom1 wrote:in other sport news...

our tim is lookin dodgy again!

henman 2 sets to 0 down.

what's the point? he might aswell give up now. :kungfu:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:19 am

Yeah the Lions looked shaky against Soulthland alright. some of the players aren't even proffessionals.
Many school boy errors on both sides, but the the tackles had bite, which was good to see. i am amazed that S lost so much line out ball but still remained in the game.

agreed henson had a good game. so did number 17 (shank-something), ran round the park like a mad man.

I don't think we have seen the Lions play yet. I think woodward is trying to blindside the All Blacks. My fear is the All Blacks may be a little complacent.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:26 am

LFC #1 wrote:quite good that actually, when i first saw the link I thought it might be offensive. But it really has no reference to the haka at all, as it's all British and Irish dances.

Some Australian show made one up with the same rhythm as the All Black haka, except with an Aussie cultural background, was quite distasteful and a lot of Maoris were very offended by it. Also the Spice Girls did it when touring NZ a while back and were flamed, as it is disrespectful for woman to do the actual haka, although if you see it done on a Maori Marae their is often women in the background accompanying the men with a traditional dance.

It is one of the greta sport icons.

I just hope the Lions front them up on Saturday.  I was in support of Woodward but there have been some dubious choices and the kinives are out for him, mostly amongst the English as well.

Im trying to think of his masterplan but cant see one. 

Martin Johnson get on that plane  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum