Movies - What have you been watching ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 am

Jack Reacher: Good film 9/10 Tom Cruise
Killing them softly: ***** over dialogue bulls.hit movie 4/10 Brad Pitt-ance.
Flight: Average (for a Denzel flick) 7/10. It's not often Denzel is in an average movie, he plays a great part mind but the movie is a bit slow after take off.
Dredd: Not bad 7/10.
Taken 2: Average 6/10.
Sinister (I think): 8/10 Scariest film I've seen for years. Ethan Hawke.
End of Watch: Good film 9/10.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 am

Boxscarf » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:44 pm wrote:I saw the Hobbit nearly two weeks, I give it 7/10.

I don't like the way Jackson has turned what is essentially a children's novel into another LOTR at cinema level just to attract as many viewers as he can. It does the greatest novel of the 20th century (my opinion) no justice whatsoever.

It also p*sses me off that he's making it a trilogy when there is clearly no need to do so.

I'd give it slightly higher at 7.5/10. I was suprised when i found out that it was a trilogy. I thought it would be only two films. But I guess he wanted to show as much lore and link to the lotr as possible. So I guess it's fair play to jackson. The movie as a medium is more restrictive. The extended versions of lotr trilogies are actually better in terms of flow and also closer to the books than the original cinema versions.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:58 am

Killing Them Softly, tries hard to be "cool" but ultimately it's a bit of a yawn.

Skyfall, based on what many were saying I was expecting something really special, maybe my expectations were set to high, I found it quite dull, possibly the worst Bond movie since Daniel Craig took over the role.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm

The Factory 8/10. John Cusack good movie.
The Sweeney 9/10. Ray Winstone. Really enjoyed this British flick of the old series, good watch.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:14 pm

maguskwt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:49 am wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:44 pm wrote:I saw the Hobbit nearly two weeks, I give it 7/10.

I don't like the way Jackson has turned what is essentially a children's novel into another LOTR at cinema level just to attract as many viewers as he can. It does the greatest novel of the 20th century (my opinion) no justice whatsoever.

It also p*sses me off that he's making it a trilogy when there is clearly no need to do so.

I'd give it slightly higher at 7.5/10. I was suprised when i found out that it was a trilogy. I thought it would be only two films. But I guess he wanted to show as much lore and link to the lotr as possible. So I guess it's fair play to jackson. The movie as a medium is more restrictive. The extended versions of lotr trilogies are actually better in terms of flow and also closer to the books than the original cinema versions.

Read the book (The Hobbit) over 40 years ago so if truth be told had no issue comparing the movie with the book as I'd already forgotten 99% of the books content.

As for the movie, thought it was excellent despite the occasional dodgy CGI, on a par with if not better than some of Jacksons LOTR trilogy.

Can't wait for the next "chapter"

Image  9/10

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 pm

the best exotic marigold hotel

nice film and some funny bits but more bits that make you think.

outstanding cast list, all the best Brits are there.

8/10
well worth a view.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 am

Brought the kids to Rise of the Guardians, they loved it.
I nearly fell asleep :)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I p'issed myself watching "John Dies at the End", deffo worth a watch if you like manic horror/comedies

clicky for John Dies at the End trailer

Image 7/10

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Django. Worth a watch. Typical Tarentino.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 pm

maguskwt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 am wrote:

What irritated me about the Hobbit especially is the part where the the Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf are up in the trees and there's an orc lord and his underlings riding around on wolf type creatures at the bottom. Nowhere in the Hobbit is an orc lord present and the Goblins weren't present as Gandalf lights pine-cones and hurls them down from the tree. The incident surrounding Thorin and Bilbo jumping in his path isn't in the book either. The Hobobit is my favourite novel of all-time, it's a fantastic book and I don't like the fact that Jackson has added things to the movie which are not present in the book. The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings are two entirely different novels, despite a connection and as such Jackson should treat them as two seperate entities, he's just gone with what movie goers want and that does my favourite novel no justice whatsoever.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm wrote:Django. Worth a watch. Typical Tarentino.

Jamie Foxx's 'Woe is me for I am black" inferiority complex means I will give the movie a miss.
Boxscarf

Postby laza » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 am

lakes10 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 am wrote:the best exotic marigold hotel

nice film and some funny bits but more bits that make you think.

outstanding cast list, all the best Brits are there.

8/10
well worth a view.

I enjoyed that one Lakes though i always  got a soft spotfor those quirky   British movies.

Looking forward to seeing to Quartet in near future
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:59 am

Boxscarf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:28 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm wrote:Django. Worth a watch. Typical Tarentino.

Jamie Foxx's 'Woe is me for I am black" inferiority complex means I will give the movie a miss.

Oh well. Your loss.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:51 pm wrote:Django. Worth a watch. Typical Tarentino.

Watched it last night, thought it was pretty good although at times I found myself getting a bit fed up with some of the "Tarantino formula", more specifically the soundtrack.

What was once retro and refreshing is now becoming a bit hackneyed, face it Quentin, anybody can dig into the charts from the 60's and 70's and stick a tune in a movie, how about you try and come up with something original ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 am

You tell'im woof, Reservoir Dogs was 21 years ago......  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum