Lets Get Happy Clappy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Lets reassess the situation and whether the current 3 year air of depression is still justified on this forum.

We have new and highly responsible owners.
We have a commitment to redevelop Anfield.
We have a young, progressive manager.
We have a host of young, talented players with others being added on an on-going basis.
The manager who has shown he's prepared to be ruthless in showing non performers the door.
We have a challenging but workable 2013/14 fixture list.

Overall I would say its time time to put the negative, miserable attitudes of the past behind us and move on.

There used to be a fat Spanish lezzer on this forum who was the happy-clappy leader. We need more of that - more spanish, more happy clappy and more lesbians.

The below BBC article shows that clapping is contagious so if folks make an effort it will catch on. Even BTN will cheer up.

Lads - time to move on - lets get happy clappy and enjoy the coming season - THE FUTURE IS RED.   :buttrock

Clapping reveals applause is a 'social contagion'

The quality of a performance does not drive the amount of applause an audience gives, a study suggests. Instead scientists have found that clapping is contagious, and the length of an ovation is influenced by how other members of the crowd behave.

They say it takes a few people to start clapping for applause to spread through a group, and then just one or two individuals to stop for it to die out.
The Swedish study is published in the Journal of the Royal Society Interface.

Lead author Dr Richard Mann, from the University of Uppsala, said: "You can get quite different lengths of applause - even if you have the same quality of performance. This is purely coming form the dynamics of the people in the crowd."

Chain reaction.
The research was carried out by studying video footage of groups of undergraduates as they watched a presentation.

The scientists found that it took just one or two people to put their hands together for a ripple of applause to spread through the crowd.

These claps sparked a chain reaction, where, spurred on by the noise, other audience members joined in.

"The pressure comes from the volume of clapping in the room rather than what your neighbour sitting next to you is doing," explained Dr Mann.

But the performance that had been witnessed - no matter how brilliant - had little effect on the duration of the noisy acclaim.

In fact, the researchers found the duration of applause varied greatly.

Dr Mann told BBC News: "In one case an audience might clap on average 10 times per person. Another time they might clap three times as long.

"And all that comes from is that you have this social pressure to start (clapping), but once you've started there's an equally strong social pressure not to stop, until someone initiates that stopping."

The scientists believe that clapping is a form of "social contagion", which reveals how how ideas and actions gain and lose momentum.

Studying this, they say, could shed light on other areas, such as how trends come in and go out of fashion or how ideas spread on the internet.

Dr Mann said: "Here we tested whether you are more driven by the total number of people in the room or the people sitting next to you.

"And the equivalent on Facebook or Twitter would be whether you are more likely to join in a trend if you see lots of people in the wider world mentioning it or if just your closer friends mention it."
Last edited by Reg on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 pm

7th in the prem - no Europe

Clapping will start when that changes ;)
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm wrote:7th in the prem - no Europe

SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm wrote:7th in the prem - no Europe

Benny, for once in your life STFU and stop being such a miserable, miserable tw@t, you're dragging the whole forum down to your neanderthal level.

Only you want to be miserable, no one else; so either go join a separate Miserable Persons forum, or change your ways or top yourself. I don't mind which, but for pete's sake stop dragging everything down, its like being on the Titanic when you post.  :help

You took a positive thread and immediately shot it. FFS......... go look in the mirror long and hard son.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:15 pm

Reg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:02 pm wrote:
There used to be a fat Spanish lezzer on this forum who was the happy-clappy leader. We need more of that - more spanish, more happy clappy and more lesbians.

Lads - time to move on - lets get happy clappy and enjoy the coming season - THE FUTURE IS RED.   :buttrock

Fat Spanish lezzer.  :laugh: to be honest, I never liked him, but appreciated his input.

As for the lesbo's, bring 'em on, I'll even try and learn Spanish.

I'll start clapping..

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Reg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm wrote:7th in the prem - no Europe

Benny, for once in your life STFU and stop being such a miserable, miserable tw@t, you're dragging the whole forum down to your neanderthal level.

Only you want to be miserable, no one else; so either go join a separate Miserable Persons forum, or change your ways or top yourself. I don't mind which, but for pete's sake stop dragging everything down, its like being on the Titanic when you post.  :help

You took a positive thread and immediately shot it. FFS......... go look in the mirror long and hard son.

I'm guessing you didn't realise the tone of the post - ie I was taking the ***** hence the use of the smiley.

So go f*ck yourself ;)
Benny The Noon

Postby babu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Dear lord, mods ban him pls.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Ban me for what exactly !!!

I made a joke FFS !! And then I was abused and you are wanting me banned !!
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm

ha ha ha  :blush:
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Great post Reg. I'm onboard. That's what the Kop used to do to encourage the team. They were know as Shanks 12th man. That needs to return.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Exactly mate!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 pm

Do you now understand that my first post was a joke Reg ?

And as for the crowds since Rafa left they are more reactive it seems - when the team are playing well the noise is deafening but when they are struggling the crowd react to that and are quiet - you hear people trying to get a noise going but it struggles to happen. The Kop is so quiet at the moment and has been for a couple years now.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 pm

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:19 pm wrote: The Kop is so quiet at the moment and has been for a couple years now.

can't be that quiet if you can hear it from Manchester on match days??

:blush:  :laugh:
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:20 pm

supersub » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 pm wrote:THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY

That's it, now start to shuffle yer feet, 2 steps to the front, 2 to the back and wiggle yer booty !  :laugh:

Bring me sunshine in your smile bring me laughter all a while
In this world where we live there should be more happiness
So much joy you can give to each brand new bright tomorrow
Make me happy through the years never bring me any tears
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above
Bring me fun bring me sunshine and bring me love
  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum