In the police...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:42 am

CardinalRed wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Just ignore the tw*t mate.

I have nothing but respect for the Police, and I would love to join one day. It's the job I've wanted ever since I was a boy.

Any tips on recruitment? No forces round my area ever seem to be accepting applications!

I'm not sh*tting you - it's the only job I want to do.

Dunno where you are Lando but it's just a case of keeping on trying..... Our Force (West Yorks) have had to put a hold on recruiting right now 'cause the yearly budget got cut by 17 million this year (I was told by a high ranking officer that budget cuts have been imposed on every Force in the Country so that the Gov' can keep pumping money into paying for Iraq and Afghanistan)
Cheers for your comments though mate, I won't rise to the bloke trying to draw me, we get that every day at work, people like him are ten-a-penny!

:cool:

Notts mate.

There was the whole Government fiasco of the attempted merger of Notts, Leicester, Derbyshire, Lincs and South Yorks into an "East Midlands" force.
According to the Police I have spoken to, each force involved in that proposal closed ranks, as they had no idea what would happen regarding budgets, etc.

The plan has (as far as I know) been scrapped now, but as you said - the budget cuts are biting hard.

The question is - if I were to apply to North Yorks Police (the closest one currently recruiting), how far could I realistically travel every day before it got too much?

How much free time do you get, and would you be too knackered at the end of a shift to drive for 1 1/2 hours back home?

What is the training like aswell, from your perspective? I have read up on the regimes, but they do not really tell the full story.

If you can find the time to answer my questions mate, I'd be very grateful.

PM if better.

Cheers.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1165214211 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:55 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
CardinalRed wrote:

I have nothing but respect for the Police, and I would love to join one day. It's the job I've wanted ever since I was a boy.

Any tips on recruitment? No forces round my area ever seem to be accepting applications!

Dunno where you are Lando but it's just a case of keeping on trying..... Our Force (West Yorks) have had to put a hold on recruiting right now 'cause the yearly budget got cut by 17 million this year (I was told by a high ranking officer that budget cuts have been imposed on every Force in the Country so that the Gov' can keep pumping money into paying for Iraq and Afghanistan)
Cheers for your comments though mate, I won't rise to the bloke trying to draw me, we get that every day at work, people like him are ten-a-penny!

Notts mate.

There was the whole Government fiasco of the attempted merger of Notts, Leicester, Derbyshire, Lincs and South Yorks into an "East Midlands" force.
According to the Police I have spoken to, each force involved in that proposal closed ranks, as they had no idea what would happen regarding budgets, etc.

The plan has (as far as I know) been scrapped now, but as you said - the budget cuts are biting hard.

The question is - if I were to apply to North Yorks Police (the closest one currently recruiting), how far could I realistically travel every day before it got too much?

How much free time do you get, and would you be too knackered at the end of a shift to drive for 1 1/2 hours back home?

What is the training like aswell, from your perspective? I have read up on the regimes, but they do not really tell the full story.

PM if better.

Cheers.

Lando I've got quite a fair bit of knowledge on this for obvious reasons and some not so obvious. Loads of direct and indirect experience aswell which I'll gladly pass on and I think most future recruits need to hear.

I'm on msn most week nights as ya know so give us a tinkle. :)
83-1165214211

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:08 am

lando, i think nottingham is in need of more police. i understand that notts is not a safe place to live. isnt it the crime capital of the north??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:11 am

Judge wrote:i understand that notts is not a safe place to live. isnt it the crime capital of the north??

No thats Manchester capital of crime FACT.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:27 am

Ciggy wrote:
Judge wrote:i understand that notts is not a safe place to live. isnt it the crime capital of the north??

yup i'll vouch for that. statistically proven in home office figures over and over again, manchester (and salford in particular) is the crime capital of the uk

just noticed stu's been banned again, what's he done this time?   :wwww
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:56 am

Guest wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
CardinalRed wrote:

Notts mate.

PM if better.

Cheers.

Lando I've got quite a fair bit of knowledge on this for obvious reasons and some not so obvious. Loads of direct and indirect experience aswell which I'll gladly pass on and I think most future recruits need to hear.

I'm on msn most week nights as ya know so give us a tinkle. :)

Don't believe the hype...
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:33 am

Ciggy wrote:

some interesting crime facts in british cities

it would seem Nottingham tops most of the crime lists. check the link out, especially the executive summarry around page 5 and 6
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:19 am

Judge wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

it would seem Nottingham tops most of the crime lists. check the link out, especially the executive summarry around page 5 and 6

they must have done a slum clearance in manchester and shipped them all off to nottingham. i wonder how many dirty mancs have read the tables and realised that their sh*thole of a city has higher crime in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY than liverpool?

in your liverpool slums my @rse, talk about pot kettle black
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:21 pm

Woollyback wrote:
Judge wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

they must have done a slum clearance in manchester and shipped them all off to nottingham.

lando, did you live in manc land  :D   :D

only joking mate  :rasp
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum