If you could ban 3 sports - What would they be?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:30 am

Now I was going to do this in a poll but thought better of it. Id prefer peoples reasons than a vote. Anyway....

I was reading the US Masters topic and thought how can anyone watch this? It is dullness at its best, watching toffs whack a ball with a club, YAWN, everything about it is boring, from the commentators to the players. As you can guess, this would be my first vote.

Speed Walking. Now really, what is the point? Either run or you dont. Its that simple. Although admittedly they look bloody stupid when they are doing it, and it does make me laugh but I just cannot see the point.

The Marathon. Especially when proper athletes are involved. Over the years it has turned into a running version of eurovision. A majority are running as bananas or two legged or something stupid for a charity, the whole thing is a joke. I like the fact that they are attempting to raise money but in the end, there time could be so better spent raising money. Oh yeah the athletes. Some guy from kenya or paula radcliffe, why? is it a confidence builder? Congratulations paula you finished an hour in front of a running tomato ! Honestly, give me strength ...

Well theres my votes, what are yours ?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:34 am

Cricket, cricket and cricket
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:00 am

IndyCar racing, poker (which is on tv ALL the time over here), and bowling (for the same reason as poker). don't really mind them as games, they just need to be off of TV
JoeTerp

Postby laza » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:17 am

Football about 30minutes before the MANCs win the title

NFL football as its gets in the way of true entertainment.........cheerleaders

Badiminton.........anything that involves hitting a shuttlecock is too Judge like for me and needs to go
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 am

Badiminton.........anything that involves hitting a shuttlecock is too Judge like for me and needs to go

Yeah, its right up there with male gymnastics isnt it?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:05 am

American football, baseball, and darts(how the :censored: is it a sport anyways?)
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:15 am

1) Figure Skating (no explanation needed)

2) Nascar (hillbillies driving in circles for hours, cheered on by thousands of other hillbillies...scintillating. :sleep )

3) Hockey (it's all my countrymen ever talk about and now that playoffs have arrived, all social events revolve around the game.  Boring. :no )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:21 am

Bad Bob wrote:2) Nascar (hillbillies driving in circles for hours, cheered on by thousands of other hillbillies...scintillating. :sleep )

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:40 am

Well I took my little lad to the Super 14's this week, Canterbury Crusaders against some other team from south Africa (name escapes me now) and I must say it was as boring as feck. No wonder you never get any bother at the rugby, everybodies half a fecking sleep watching that sh!te. I don't know about banning it, but after about ten minutes in the "take a kid to footie" section, with all the kids running round playing tag 'cos they're bored out of their erse as well, I could've banned rugby then nae bother.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:54 am

this only sort of goes along, because I surely wouldn't want to ban American Football in America, but maybe, as this video shows  it should be banned outside of America, especially in Spain :p .  I don't know if any of you guys will find that video funny, but I couldn't stop laughing. Sabre, who are these people? Surely they must be some microscopic size of the population.  I have a hard enough time wondering how youth leagues find referees in America, because that sounds like it sucks, who knows where those teams found their refs.
JoeTerp

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:22 am

:laugh: , What adds to the hilarity Joe is AC/DC booming out as the soundtrack  :D

I'd ban Darts, all Highland Games and Synchronised Swimming .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 am

Cricket, American Football, and Baseball...
Stupid, stupid "sports"....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:40 am

bigmick wrote:Well I took my little lad to the Super 14's this week, Canterbury Crusaders against some other team from south Africa (name escapes me now) and I must say it was as boring as feck. No wonder you never get any bother at the rugby, everybodies half a fecking sleep watching that sh!te. I don't know about banning it, but after about ten minutes in the "take a kid to footie" section, with all the kids running round playing tag 'cos they're bored out of their erse as well, I could've banned rugby then nae bother.

I went to a Gold Coast Titans lol match, rugby league. And I have to say I agree with what you said, its s.hit !

I was looking around to see the reaction from the crowd in a half empty stadium, and everybody was drinking cola, eating popcorn and hot dogs. Whilst they were doing this they were deep in conversation.

I observed half the stadium and hardly anybody had their eyes on the game. The were just chatting away as if they were down the pub. Then once the tannoy bloke acknowledges a try to them they turn back to the field and jgive a pathetic cheer, once the game re-starts after the try, the crowd carry on talking to eachother.

And these Aussies try to tell me rugbys much more entertaining, as well as more skillful.  :laugh:

Three sports to ban.

1: Aussie mullet rules

2: American football

3: Tiddly winks
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby andy_g » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 am

you're a bunch of spoilsports

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:06 am

That www wrestling what a joke

American Football , if your gonna play rugby play it like men without all the padding and guards

Curling. Running on the ice with a brush

HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum