Tvr sports cars

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:38 pm

Anyone know much about TVR? Probably not but basically they are a great British sports car manufacturer who've been making some truly eye-watering cars in Blackpool for donkey's years. When Rover collapsed they actually became the biggest british car manufacturer.

For those of you unfamiliar with their cars here's a few:

ImageImage

All the above cars are capable of 0-60 in around 4 seconds and on to top speeds of around 180mph so they're serious pieces of kit yet cost a fraction of the price of similarly fast cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini etc

Anyway in July 2004 the company was bought by a mega-rich young Russian enrepreneur called Nikolai Smolenski. He came in with promises of investment and improvement for the company. A few weeks ago he announced he was stopping all production of TVR's in Blackpool, ending an era where everything about the car from the engine to the chassis to the bodyshell was born and bred north west England. All production will be shifted overseas to benefit from cheap foreign labout, whilst management will move to some nice plush offices in Lancaster. This all f*ckin stinks as far as I'm concerned - TVR is a legendary sports car brand and is been sold down the river by some wideboy to fill his own pockets :angry: 

So this Christmas will be f*ckin grim for the children and families of the 260 production workers whose jobs have been sold abroad on the cheap, not that Smolenski will give a f*ck about them. It's also another great British brand consigned to the dustbin for a quick profit :angry:

Anyway there is a petition up to try and persuade the government to step in and try to keep TVR in Britain and to make sure the 260 blokes who are losing their jobs will get proper support and help. The local MP Joan Humble in whose constituency the factory and most of the workers are, has offered to deliver the petition personally to parliament

So get signing folks, firms like TVR need to remain BRITISH

Petition
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:40 am

signed mate, I know TVR very well, do you know they custom build your car for you and you have the freedom to turn up at the factory at any time to see the progress on your new car
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:58 am

I'm sick and tired of our Government's persistance in allowing foreigners to buy up our industry.

Jaguar/Daimler, Rolls Royce/Bentley, Rover and Aston Martin to name but a few.

Where is the Patriotism?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:20 pm

they also let you watch as your car is being repaired for the third time in a week. cos, thats where they all end up...   back in the garage. they're unreliable and not very good really. overpriced too.

so i vote to let 'em shift it abroad. heap of turd
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:41 pm

Woollyback wrote:Anyone know much about TVR? Probably not but basically they are a great British sports car manufacturer who've been making some truly eye-watering cars in Blackpool for donkey's years. When Rover collapsed they actually became the biggest british car manufacturer.

For those of you unfamiliar with their cars here's a few:

ImageImage

All the above cars are capable of 0-60 in around 4 seconds and on to top speeds of around 180mph so they're serious pieces of kit yet cost a fraction of the price of similarly fast cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini etc

Anyway in July 2004 the company was bought by a mega-rich young Russian enrepreneur called Nikolai Smolenski. He came in with promises of investment and improvement for the company. A few weeks ago he announced he was stopping all production of TVR's in Blackpool, ending an era where everything about the car from the engine to the chassis to the bodyshell was born and bred north west England. All production will be shifted overseas to benefit from cheap foreign labout, whilst management will move to some nice plush offices in Lancaster. This all f*ckin stinks as far as I'm concerned - TVR is a legendary sports car brand and is been sold down the river by some wideboy to fill his own pockets :angry: 

So this Christmas will be f*ckin grim for the children and families of the 260 production workers whose jobs have been sold abroad on the cheap, not that Smolenski will give a f*ck about them. It's also another great British brand consigned to the dustbin for a quick profit :angry:

Anyway there is a petition up to try and persuade the government to step in and try to keep TVR in Britain and to make sure the 260 blokes who are losing their jobs will get proper support and help. The local MP Joan Humble in whose constituency the factory and most of the workers are, has offered to deliver the petition personally to parliament

So get signing folks, firms like TVR need to remain BRITISH

Petition

my father in law has got the purple one but it's the pearlescent (spelling) colour and he just paid £1000 to have the steering wheel made into the leather with stitching like the seats it's on the cover of loads of tvr mags and it's fast as fook and sounds mean (like lando's bowel after a dirty kabab) nice car and should deffo keep it british...

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby ste123lfc » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:21 pm

I used to live in blackpool and new a couple of lads that worked for TVR, so they are going to have a pretty shi tty christmas thanks to this :censored:.
I have signed the petition, but what it requires is some big names on it. I know jeremy clarkson is a big fan of TVR and he should be made aware of the petition, however this spineless self centred goverment of ours will no doubt do f uck all about it. :veryangry
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:51 am

I don't think it's the cost of the cars which is a problem for TVR, I think their a great car but for the money people these days want something thats fast but also has A/C, CD player, etc also something that has driver aids cos a car that fast without ABS is a death trap, for the money you pay for a new TVR you can get an M3 which is NEARLY as fast, but has room for luggage, comfort and won't break down every 5 minutes.  First TVR need to get their act together rather than worrying about cheap labour!!! :(

Basically TVR's are track cars and always will be, I live 10 mins from Oulton Park and Christopher Neil (TVR dealer) and see loadsa of them, I went to Christopher Neil when they had Beckham's Cerbera in, it has a TVR baby seat in the back with 'Brooklyn' stitched into it (crazy) but he sold it and bought a Ferrari instead  ???
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:57 am

but still, the cars look nice.... :)
Hebz

Return to General Chat Forum