Bailiffs - Thieving b@stards

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby EddieC » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:33 am

Right, I am absolutely fuming right now, and also quite p!ssed, so apologies if this doesn't make too much sense, but I'm sure you'll catch my drift.

My old man's just had to lend £1,300 today to one of his friends, a 54 year old woman, let me explain the reason.

This woman originally had a council tax bill of £200. She felt this was wrong so she phoned up the council who said they were gonna review it & get back to her.

Suddenly, this morning she has bailiffs knocking on her door. The bill has now gone up to £1,300, and they're taking her £4,500 car to pay for it.

Absolute f#cking liberty. How the f#ck can they justify turning a £200 bill into £1,300? And then say they're gonna take a car worth three times that much to cover the cost?

Something needs to be done about these c*nts. All they are is robbers with the law on their side. The people in power must be having a right laugh at us, stripping us for every penny we have. It's f#cking council tax in the first place anyway. What the f#ck gives them the right to take money off us for a property we've already bought anyway? My family lives in Ireland, and there's no such thing over there. It's just another example of this country taking money from us wherever & whenever possible. You pay money on everything you earn (income tax) and you then have to pay tax on everything you buy (VAT). On top of that we seem to have a 'life tax' inthis country, a tax just for living. It's called council tax. As you can probably tell by the nature of this post, I am very p!ssed off. I don't quite know where to start, but the bailiffs seems like a good place. Complete and utter robbing b@stards, they need to go back to the old system, where you go in front of a judge. They're leaving these c*nts to be judge jury & executioner, and they're making a lovely wedge out of it. But oh well, it's not exactly like any of them are gonna have the bailiffs round, so that's alright. I really don't know how much this is gonna do, as I've lost faith in this government, or any other government that comes into power, but there is a petition asking the PM to review bailiffs & their fees which should be signed by every man woman & child in this country.

I know I posted another petition regarding AFC Wimbledon, which didn't get a great response. I can understand that as didn't involve the club you love. This is a completely different matter though. This is an issue that affects each & every one of us, or someone close to us. If you do not sign this petition, you might as well bend over & say 'come on then Blair, rape me'

bailiffs petition

End of post.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:11 am

signed :)
account deleted by request

Postby 76-1174245250 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:30 am

They knocked at my door a few years ago. I ended up with a monopoly style bank error and spent the money. Thinknig it was a tax rate from the year before. Basically I was not informed by the bank about the mistake for 4 months. When i was informed I was unemployed and had no source of income.

I told the bank and would inform them once I gained employment.

2 weeks down the line it had been passed onto a debt collection agency as a default which is still there today. They rang me, i explained the situation and that was that. Or so I thought. 3 months later I started receiving letters. So I rang again and they become forceful after me explaining the events so i basically told them to :censored: off and stop harrassing me. I then joined the police... after a few months I again started recieving letters. They then sent the bailiffs round. I opened the door, when they explained I said no sorry and went to shut the door... They put their foot in an said they were not leaving untill they collected some items. I stood on the blokes foot, shut the door and went and got my warrant card, handcuffs and pr24 and told them if they force entry and don't go away they will be spending the night in the cell. They soon :censored: themselves and got off.

Bailiffs cannot force entry and cannot enter your property or take it legally. IF they go through court they have a right. They cannot however "steel". The 54 year old woman should not give them the car keys and should phone the police next time they appear.

If the worst comes to the worst. They MUST be accompanied with a police officer with a warrant.
76-1174245250

Postby Rafa D » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:37 am

Thats a load of :censored: sorry to hear about it Eddie
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:41 am

Council tax should be abolished, along with about two dozen other taxes and stealth taxes in this country.

The French have the right idea. If their government does something they don't like, then it's riots and blockades.

The Government should serve the will of the people, not the other way around, and the Government should expect consequences when they try to fleece the people and suck them dry through excessive taxation.

I oppose the use of private baliffs and private collection agencies in this country to collect government revenue. I consider them mercenaries and lacking legitimacy. If one cannot pay a certain tax, then their situation and case should be heard by a judge, not by bureaucrats and their hired goons.

If a bailiff tries to enter your home, any action you take to prevent them from doing so is valid IMO.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:41 am

i think recently a law was passed in the UK that bailiffs can enter you property by force, even if you are not at home and seize goods to recover debts, i am sure i read this recently.

its either just been passed or proposed, i dont remember that part but i do remember the content.

when i was still in the police i was clamped in my own car when i was off duty, there were no signs warning about clamping, anyway i managed to stop a traffic car with a guy in i knew, i told him what had happened and asked him to han around while i called the clamping company, they turn up in a BMW, no ID or nothing, total cowboys, i pointed out that there was no sign and they got a bit moody an oppressive, so i showed them my warrant card and told them i was police, the colour drained from them and the clamp was moved very quickly (even though they had pointed out a small sign warning about clamping), and to make life even better the policeman i knew who was waiting out of sight stopped their car as soon as they left the car park and issued a number of summons for all the faults he could find on their car
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:45 am

im sorry but there must be more to the story. a council tax bill not paid would not mean sending in bailiffs. it would mean a courts summons. something tells me your old mans friend is not telling the whole truth
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:54 am

the possibility is she was summonsed to court and didnt attend, judgement will be passed in her absence
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 am

peewee wrote:the possibility is she was summonsed to court and didnt attend, judgement will be passed in her absence

well then, she should have gone to court?

arguament over.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 am

dawson99 wrote:im sorry but there must be more to the story. a council tax bill not paid would not mean sending in bailiffs. it would mean a courts summons. something tells me your old mans friend is not telling the whole truth

Mr Council Tax himself there like  :D

I havent paid council tax since Dec 06. I got a bill for the April 07 period the other day and it had on the bottom still outstanding £384 from last year. I phoned them up and paid it off but they had not harassed me at all for it.

You have to ignore them a lot for them to get the baliffs in.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:58 am

ive been in trouble for 'forgetting' to pay tax. didnt pay for a few months, i rang them up, and they sorted it out nicely. it would take warning after warning after court summons after court summons before the bailiffs were introduced. and even then, a government bill like council tax going from £200 to £1300 is...unlikely.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:12 am

dawsonio is right.

as part of my work i have to be qualified & licensed in debt counselling and believe me i've seen the feckin lot. getting the bailiffs in is an absolute last resort and only after every other possible avenue to recover the debt has been explored. people who have the bailiffs on their doorstep DESERVE to have the bailiffs on their doorstep

i know it's not a very charitable point of view but i don't give a sh*t, why should i have to pay all my taxes just to subsidise wasters who deliberately won't pay up?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:57 am

I asked the council to take away a few items, old fridge old TV etc for which they charged me £10. They forgot to collect the money when they picked up the furniture. I got a bill for £10 the next week but I forgot to pay it. First reminder I got from the council about it was about a month later, a final demand threatening to place the matter with bailiffs if they did not receive the £10 within 2 weeks. Its not as if I was going to leave the country over £10 ffs. So it does happen!

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:59 am

s@int wrote:I asked the council to take away a few items, old fridge old TV etc for which they charged me £10. They forgot to collect the money when they picked up the furniture. I got a bill for £10 the next week but I forgot to pay it. First reminder I got from the council about it was about a month later, a final demand threatening to place the matter with bailiffs if they did not receive the £10 within 2 weeks. Its not as if I was going to leave the country over £10 ffs. So it does happen!

The men who took stuff away are a seperate contractor from the council though, so although it does happen, not with council taxes... as far as i can tell.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:08 pm

All my dealings were with the council mate. Phoned council to arrange pickup, bill was from council and threatening letter was from the council. I have never not paid my council tax so I can't really comment on that, but I know they are misusing their powers.

Next

Return to General Chat Forum