Bad feeling, - Or is it a forum war?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:33 am

Its been mentioned that one way or the other long term members of this forum are going over to RAWK, or just not posting because of the feeling on this forum over the last few months. Now ive just looked over on RAWK, to see what all the fuss is about.

One thing I noticed. The amount of members they have compared to Newkit. This place isnt a patch on theres. They have many members. So in that its inevitable, there will be more than one person creating a good topic or even a good post.

Topics. They have a lot of them. A wide range. But a lot of them, and to some people this is a good thing, are more "happy clappy" than the members on here.

Location. It seems to me also that many people on there are from or have lived in Liverpool at one stage or another and so the opinions are more welcome. They can relate better on there then they can on here, now im not saying OOTers are not welcome on there, but I cant help but get the feel that if your from Liverpool, your opinion carries more substance.

And this is where, for me at least. Its down to choice. If you want to go on a forum where Liverpool have won and your in a good mood, RAWK is the place to be. If you want to go on a forum where Liverpool have won, but negative things have happened, Newkit is the place to be. It need not be, I for one always come on here. Im an OOTer, as are many people on here. I have supported Liverpool forever and can accept the criticism as well as the praise. This place is becoming RAWKS bin. Members who dont fit in there come here, although there opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

Its not down to overmodding as to why this place has become so negative. Its down to individual members, and the views they each held. You either agree or you dont. But thats where the problems start. There is no discussion anymore. There is a bad feeling whenever anyone posts on here lately.

If you have an opinion, by all means, post it, if you disagree, by all means, post that. But cut out the petty arguments and insults. It isnt needed. It isnt wanted. People are leaving this forum but people are also joining. If we can curb our overall attitude, as members, this place could be bigger than RAWK, as all praises and criticism would be welcome. Respect, A word used a lot but lets put it into practice.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:00 am

RAWK's cr@p, within seconds of posting something it's down on page 2 under an avalanche of other stuff. It's also full of some unbelievable smarta.rses who think being scouse makes them more important than you or I, even though they're not long out of nappies whereas I've been going to Anfield since before their PARENTS were born
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:29 am

Woollyback wrote:RAWK's cr@p, within seconds of posting something it's down on page 2 under an avalanche of other stuff. It's also full of some unbelievable smarta.rses who think being scouse makes them more important than you or I, even though they're not long out of nappies whereas I've been going to Anfield since before their PARENTS were born

That's what happens when there's thousands on a forum. It's certainly not :censored:, though. There are a lot of very knowledgeable and insightful posters on there, and what's more, there isn't an avalanche of negativity like there is on here. Try going on there and copying and pasting a few of the negative thread headers like there is on the main board in here on their main board and see where it gets you.

You are right about there being a lot of smart ar$es on RAWK, but for me, this is what makes the place entertaining to read, as I often get a good laugh. I tend not to really get into footballing arguments, not because I don't know anything and I'd be afraid of making a tit of myself, but because I simply don't need to prove or scrap with someone that I'm all knowledgeable and my say is the only way. There's far too much of that going on over here. It's one thing talking the talk, but often you'll find that no one has ever walked the walk. It's just opinion, which in all fairness means sweet f*ck all until you can back it up. Until the day someone on an internet forum gets to be Liverpool's manager, then I'll stay my thoughts.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:43 am

I sometimes go on Rawk and have a read, but I have never thought of becoming a member. Its too big and impersonal, and while it has a few good posters most of them are more interested in where people come from than their views. 

When Newkit is at its best its a bit like one big family , we don't all get on , we don't all agree, but we all want whats best for Liverpool FC.

Its the difference between your local and the big new fancy pub in town. The decor may have seen better days and the lighting may be mid 80's rather than ultra modern on here, but the barmaid knows your name, you can actually hear yourself speak and the beer the company and the conversation are good.

While its not exactly Cheers on here, I come on, see familiar names and while no one shouts out "Norm" everytime someone comes on, when people don't come on for a while they are missed.

When someone takes the trouble to make a decent post on here, it may not get read by that many people, but it will get read and judged on its merits not on your postcode.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:44 am

Most of the copying and pasting is from RAWK. A lot of members are doing that. Its going over the heads of many on RAWK but when its pasted on here a reply is guaranteed.

I tend not to really get into footballing arguments, not because I don't know anything and I'd be afraid of making a tit of myself, but because I simply don't need to prove or scrap with someone that I'm all knowledgeable and my say is the only way. There's far too much of that going on over here. It's one thing talking the talk, but often you'll find that no one has ever walked the walk. It's just opinion, which in all fairness means sweet f*ck all until you can back it up. Until the day someone on an internet forum gets to be Liverpool's manager, then I'll stay my thoughts.

The reasons why forums exist like Newkit and RAWK, are for supporters to give there view.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:49 am

s@int wrote:I sometimes go on Rawk and have a read, but I have never thought of becoming a member. Its too big and impersonal, and while it has a few good posters most of them are more interested in where people come from than their views. 

When Newkit is at its best its a bit like one big family , we don't all get on , we don't all agree, but we all want whats best for Liverpool FC.

Its the difference between your local and the big new fancy pub in town. The decor may have seen better days and the lighting may be mid 80's rather than ultra modern on here, but the barmaid knows your name, you can actually hear yourself speak and the beer the company and the conversation are good.

While its not exactly Cheers on here, I come on, see familiar names and while no one shouts out "Norm" everytime someone comes on, when people don't come on for a while they are missed.

When someone takes the trouble to make a decent post on here, it may not get read by that many people, but it will get read and judged on its merits not on your postcode.

Thats true, and thats why people always come back. Its that dodgy pint we miss the most !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:54 am

we get to read a lot of what's on RAWK on this forum anyway, just read st. Mikes posts

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:34 am

Kharhaz wrote:Most of the copying and pasting is from RAWK. A lot of members are doing that. Its going over the heads of many on RAWK but when its pasted on here a reply is guaranteed.

I tend not to really get into footballing arguments, not because I don't know anything and I'd be afraid of making a tit of myself, but because I simply don't need to prove or scrap with someone that I'm all knowledgeable and my say is the only way. There's far too much of that going on over here. It's one thing talking the talk, but often you'll find that no one has ever walked the walk. It's just opinion, which in all fairness means sweet f*ck all until you can back it up. Until the day someone on an internet forum gets to be Liverpool's manager, then I'll stay my thoughts.

The reasons why forums exist like Newkit and RAWK, are for supporters to give there view.

There's views, and then there's those that type up gibberish on how the team should actually be managed. Like I say, talk is cheap. That's why those that think they know more than the manager are sitting on an internet forum talking bollox, rather than actually managing a team that's worth hundreds of millions and potentially billions in the long run.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:27 am

make your mind up, one day you are telling us rafa had no money to spend and the next day he is managing a team worth millions and potentially billions.

May as well close all the forums down and just start a forum for sheep who blindly follow rafa. I can't be bothered traipsing back emerald but I wonder if you supported houllier right until the end, I wonder if you supported souness without questioning him. I know for a fact you criticize the owners, I mean who are you to question two multi millionaire business men, going on your logic you should have to be one yourself to question them.

can you say rafa gets it right 100% of the time? Where us idiots right to question rotation (I would say where considering rafa has stopped it, or is he wrong to stop rotation in your view). Were all his signings a success or were we right to question some of them? Well he has shipped them out so it seems again that we were right to question them.

it must be great up there on your high horse while you brag to your mates how rafa never gets it wrong and should never be questioned by fans while bragging to them about another 4th place and another FA cup defeat to lower league opposition.

Its hypocrisy mate to slag posters for questioning the manager while a lot of your time is spent questioning the owners, you see I dont slate the owners like you, they are part of the club and deserve unquestioning support, I mean what do you know about running a football club (or is it only rafa exempt from questioning)
112-1077774096

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:17 am

For fuck's sake, is this thread going to sink into another argument?? That rant was over the top Peewee.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:17 am

NiftyNeil wrote:For fuck's sake, is this thread going to sink into another argument?? That rant was over the top Peewee.

what rant? That's not a rant, that's just pointing out a few facts to someone who is spouting a g
fair bit of hypocrisy neil. All we hear from emerald is how people who question the manager are idiots who talk gibberish, and how the only people who can question rafa should be the Liverpool manager instead of him. So when he owns the club I look forward to him slating the owners, until then he should keep his own counsel just like he is asking the supporters who question rafa to do, or accept that a difference of opinion doesnt render either a gibberish talking idiot providing neither is saying anything ludicrous.

this is something emerald does on a regular basis, its either agree with him or you are an idiot. Sorry neil but that doesnt wash.

it wasn't a rant, there was no abuse, there was no name calling, just a response to his post at the same level
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:14 am

I hate the term "OVER ON RAWK" :angry: Its as if a member has been drawn to another dimension and its beyond his/her powers to ever return!Some people believe it or not like to actually look around an post on more than one forum.
Personally IMO I dont like RAWK,its too big.But that is not to say its a bad forum its just my opinion,its not my cuppa tea!

As for the "problems" on here.The place goes like that once in a while but always picks up.
People seem to be of the illusion on here that the forum is split into two"camps"(which is a mass generalisation)
Or that you are either a happy clappy or a doom and gloomer
Or Pro Raffa or anti Raffa
The thing thats annoyed me most is that with the team going well there are still threads going were people are doing nothing but moaning,its either a force of habit or a reflection on the persons mindset.So they get labelled doom and gloomers but its safe to say that some people are just like that and never see the positives in anything...not just LFC!
Equally we have the ones labelled happy clappers...these are people who always see the positives and probably look at life the same way..(not a bad way to be)!

But the thing that is lacking is realism,because there is actually an in between,and some members who call a spade a spade.Im happy at the minute with the team and manager,but the moment im not I will say so and explain why!I just dont believe in crying when theres no need or being ecstatic and getting carried away either.I sure as fu'ck cant understand all the "whats wrong" shi'te because although far from perfect we are going well.Some people though will always just moan and others will just refuse to accept the team being criticised!

But if anyone wants a pointer of how threads go off topic and appear to be all pretty much the same and monotonous this one is a prime example and not the only one either!
The thread was started about "the forum" and 6 or 7 posts later PEEWEE HAS TURNED IT INTO AN ANTI RAFA WHINGE!
Fuc,king priceless...i rest my case!

:laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:26 am

Number 9 wrote:The thing thats annoyed me most is that with the team going well there are still threads going were people are doing nothing but moaning,

Been here five years and can't recall such negativity when although the performances have been less than pretty the team has been getting a result.

Not suggesting we all start dancing round the maypole , but christs sake I'd welcome a chance to enjoy our early success without coming in here every day to read how sh'ite Kuyt , Arbeloa (etc etc) is.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:36 am

i like newkit. as Saint said, its like a family. we know each other and we can have a good laugh.
you have Number9 who's really a girl
Metalhead who does animals
Judge whose the funny one
Maypax whose an angel
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:47 am

Barry where have I turned this into an anti rafa whinge? Come in barry you are better than that so dont try and start trouble where there is none. I am responding to emeralds post as you well know and pointing out a little bit of hypocrisy along the way.
112-1077774096

Next

Return to General Chat Forum