Depressed ? - Feeling blue about the reds ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Thought I start up a Rant Topic just to vent any thing you like.

I am just about fed up with every thing going on at the club atm really getting me down.Not to the point of madness or nothing but its been one of those seasons you just want to put behind you as a football supporter and march on.Never in all my days following liverpool have I felt the club needed to change so much from top to bottom.From the dead wood in the squad to the very fustrating manager to the pair of d!ckhead owners.2005 seems so long ago now I find my self watching the videos back just to lift my self and tell my self we can turn it around but each match drains me of what little confidence I have left.

Rant over.  :(

(This is just a thread for venting and sharing fustrations please don't abuse members for thier rants/views... Thanks)
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:25 pm

In a way we have been spoilt over the last 5 years or so. We have been used to always mixing it up with the best in Europe and to be honest that is the way things should be for a club of this size but we have had too many problems of late and what we are seeing now is the culmination of them coming together. I just hope we can recover.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:In a way we have been spoilt over the last 5 years or so. We have been used to always mixing it up with the best in Europe and to be honest that is the way things should be for a club of this size but we have had too many problems of late and what we are seeing now is the culmination of them coming together. I just hope we can recover.

We have bav thats very true , For me personaly every game I hope we can get back on track.When yester years I was expecting us to bounce back and this is where I am atm hoping not knowing and its something we liverpools don't have to do often its very wierd.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:39 pm

My take on the situation is that we will only improve depending on what happens in the summer. What I mean by that is personnel. Whether that be Rafa or new players or both. I just want to see the club do well again. The thing is we need more £££ too so it really comes down to that. I don't believe that simply a new manager alone would get more out of the same team than Rafa has. Of course I am no authority and have nothing to base it on but I just look at how many players from our squad would get into the other top sides and I can probably count them on 1 hand, 4 fingers to be exact.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:My take on the situation is that we will only improve depending on what happens in the summer. What I mean by that is personnel. Whether that be Rafa or new players or both. I just want to see the club do well again. The thing is we need more £££ too so it really comes down to that. I don't believe that simply a new manager alone would get more out of the same team than Rafa has. Of course I am no authority and have nothing to base it on but I just look at how many players from our squad would get into the other top sides and I can probably count them on 1 hand, 4 fingers to be exact.

I think our scouting department needs a real look over no matter who is in charge next season because there has been some really big feck ups in that area.I can't remember what players but I do remember we had alot of chances to get some good players and not gone for them.I dunno if its the scouts saying to Rafa "He looks ok he might be good" or Rafa saying " thanks for that Mr scout but I don't think he turn into much" ?

We always either sign good players and Rafa don't take to them or we just sign the wrong players ? I try not to play the blame game but ffs is Rafa Roman you know " all roads lead to Rome " and all that.  :Oo:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:53 pm

We let Ronaldo go (GH era), Roberto Carlos and god knows who else. Since Rafa came we let slip Simao, Vidic, Ramsey and probably a few others I would imagine. Those last 3 were down to us not being able to cough up a few mil more. Just imagine if we had gotten all of the above? I know hindsight is a silly way to look at things but it really did come down to money at the end of the day mate.

In terms of producing players yes we also need major work there. But to be fair Rafa has only just re organised the academy so we have to give that time.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:We let Ronaldo go (GH era), Roberto Carlos and god knows who else. Since Rafa came we let slip Simao, Vidic, Ramsey and probably a few others I would imagine. Those last 3 were down to us not being able to cough up a few mil more. Just imagine if we had gotten all of the above? I know hindsight is a silly way to look at things but it really did come down to money at the end of the day mate.

In terms of producing players yes we also need major work there. But to be fair Rafa has only just re organised the academy so we have to give that time.

Yeah but problem is we ain't got much time have we , if we fail to get into CL we have hardly no money ?

Problem is the debt and don't we fecking know it.How can the owners expect to take on so much debt to the point where CL will keep us just afloat and then expect any manager to improve the squad year on year with 10 mil a season its a real fecking joke I am sick of it.

We are now in the posistion that if we fail to reach CL we will have to sell players to make the payments.If we don't get outside investment soon we will be on the long and loney path of a relgation side because Gerrard and Carra are not getting any younger.

I am starting to think Hicks is just holding onto the club now to wind us up as fans since we gave them so much sh.it when they bought us he knows he can always break even as long as well don't drop of the face of the earth.

He is really old I think money isn't so much a thing for him now more trying to earn some respect I am think we should just be nice to them for a few months and see if they change there tune maybe they might not hold any grudges then.

I dunno bloody confuddyed atm I am.  ???
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:11 pm

29.09.2009   0 - 2   Fiorentina   Artemio Franchi   Champions L. 1st Group Ph. 
04.10.2009   0 - 2   Chelsea   Stamford Bridge   Premier League 
17.10.2009   0 - 1   Sunderland   Stadium of Light   Premier League 
20.10.2009   1 - 2   Lyon   Anfield   Champions L. 1st Group Ph. 
25.10.2009   2 - 0   Man Utd   Anfield   Premier League
28.10.2009   1 - 2   Arsenal   Emirates Stadium   League Cup 4th round 
31.10.2009   1 - 3   Fulham   Craven Cottage   Premier League 

This run of games tells me that it is NOT all about money , but that the desire and motivation of our players is lacking. Against Debrecen the only players that looked up for it were a half fit Gerrard and Masch who I thought was outstanding, probably because he is after a move :( and knows that CL games attract attention.

We can beat the mancs without Gerrard and with a half fit Torres but we can't beat some of the "dross" we have played!
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Dazzer wrote:
bavlondon wrote:We let Ronaldo go (GH era), Roberto Carlos and god knows who else. Since Rafa came we let slip Simao, Vidic, Ramsey and probably a few others I would imagine. Those last 3 were down to us not being able to cough up a few mil more. Just imagine if we had gotten all of the above? I know hindsight is a silly way to look at things but it really did come down to money at the end of the day mate.

Yeah but problem is we ain't got much time have we , if we fail to get into CL we have hardly no money ?

Problem is the debt and don't we fecking know it.How can the owners expect to take on so much debt to the point where CL will keep us just afloat and then expect any manager to improve the squad year on year with 10 mil a season its a real fecking joke I am sick of it.

We are now in the posistion that if we fail to reach CL we will have to sell players to make the payments.If we don't get outside investment soon we will be on the long and loney path of a relgation side because Gerrard and Carra are not getting any younger.

I am starting to think Hicks is just holding onto the club now to wind us up as fans since we gave them so much sh.it when they bought us he knows he can always break even as long as well don't drop of the face of the earth.

He is really old I think money isn't so much a thing for him now more trying to earn some respect I am think we should just be nice to them for a few months and see if they change there tune maybe they might not hold any grudges then.

I dunno bloody confuddyed atm I am.  ???

It will be very interesting to see what happens come the summer if we fail to get 4th place. Gilette was quoted as saying Rafas budget wouldn't be affected should that happen but to see it actually happen would be another thing.

Then again he probably meant Rafa was going to get :censored: all anyway so that wont change.  :lookaround

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:19 pm

s@int wrote:29.09.2009   0 - 2   Fiorentina   Artemio Franchi   Champions L. 1st Group Ph. 

This run of games tells me that it is NOT all about money , but that the desire and motivation of our players is lacking. Against Debrecen the only players that looked up for it were a half fit Gerrard and Masch who I thought was outstanding, probably because he is after a move :( and knows that CL games attract attention.

We can beat the mancs without Gerrard and with a half fit Torres but we can't beat some of the "dross" we have played!

You can also interpret that as we manage to play out of our skins for the top games but generally we struggle otherwise. To be fair that can be used to describe the team during Rafa's entire time here.

The difference between us and the rest of the top teams is we NEED our first 11 fit in order to get the 3 points. The likes of Utd and Chelsea do not. That is why a spate of injuries was always going to be our demise. So yes it is down to the players mate, we are seriously lacking in strength in depth and have done since day 1.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:19 pm

s@int wrote:29.09.2009   0 - 2   Fiorentina   Artemio Franchi   Champions L. 1st Group Ph. 

ITs not about money atm saint I agree but it will be soon if this club isn't fixed.I do agree with that point tho as it one I made few weeks ago about Rafa's lac of skill to motivate the players for the so called lesser games.He always has and always will put CL ahead of others comps and this year its really backfired.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:09 pm

dazzer, that picture of that cat, is doing my head in mate. i wanna punch that cat hard

can u not change it for something else??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:12 pm

I've already begun to associate the cat with Dazzer, f'ucking irritating :D
LFC2007

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:12 pm

i hated it the moment i saw it :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Judge wrote:dazzer, that picture of that cat, is doing my head in mate. i wanna punch that cat hard

can u not change it for something else??

not trying to be anal about language but doesnt that interpret as you do not want him to change the pic?
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to General Chat Forum