Bad feeling, - Or is it a forum war?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Number 9 wrote:
GYBS wrote:well since i have been on here seen some great posts from some great posters - had the odd people hound me when first arrived but i know another newbie feels the same way .

the worst thing i have seen on here is whena poster basically just accuses everyone of the forum of not having a clue about football and constantly insulting posters and trying to degrade them or their opinion cause in their eyes their opinion is right and everyone else who disagrees with them is wrong and doesnt have a clue .

it also seems to be against the law to actuall back and support the team and to give credit to players and managers etc - if you try and be positive you get accused of being blinkered and "happy clapper"

It's actually very strange at the minute on here!
The usual moaners dont know what to do with themselves because theres a lot less to moan about so far than previous seasons.

So they have resorted to moaning about the most tedious of things because its not in their nature not to moan about anything you see.
I guess theres always Kuyt to beat up on when theres nothing much elses to complain about as well!

They're not moaners. They're just tired of the current manager. The moaners of today, can be the happy clappers with a future manager. I don't think most of people are moaning per se.

The situation about Rafa is not strange neither. He continues  being watched with a magnifying glass. Right now, the thorough examination of the manager has given him a rest because we're top of the table. But at the half time you might have noticed how thin that "truce" to Rafa is, not only by one poster, but many.

All this is very natural at the minute. Unless Rafa wins it, people won't give him extra credit. Until then, his credit for many fans is over, and as soon as we're 5 points off the top, you'll read sack rafa. But I tell you it's not the moaning nature of some posters, but some posters thinking Rafa is not good for this club.

I fully understand that feeling because I've been in both sides with other managers. I just ask not to insult Rafa (nor any LFC player) when it comes the time to say you're tired of his management. There's no need.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Sabre wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
GYBS wrote:well since i have been on here seen some great posts from some great posters - had the odd people hound me when first arrived but i know another newbie feels the same way .

the worst thing i have seen on here is whena poster basically just accuses everyone of the forum of not having a clue about football and constantly insulting posters and trying to degrade them or their opinion cause in their eyes their opinion is right and everyone else who disagrees with them is wrong and doesnt have a clue .

it also seems to be against the law to actuall back and support the team and to give credit to players and managers etc - if you try and be positive you get accused of being blinkered and "happy clapper"

It's actually very strange at the minute on here!
The usual moaners dont know what to do with themselves because theres a lot less to moan about so far than previous seasons.

So they have resorted to moaning about the most tedious of things because its not in their nature not to moan about anything you see.
I guess theres always Kuyt to beat up on when theres nothing much elses to complain about as well!

They're not moaners. They're just tired of the current manager. The moaners of today, can be the happy clappers with a future manager. I don't think most of people are moaning per se.

The situation about Rafa is not strange neither. He continues  being watched with a magnifying glass. Right now, the thorough examination of the manager has given him a rest because we're top of the table. But at the half time you might have noticed how thin that "truce" to Rafa is, not only by one poster, but many.

All this is very natural at the minute. Unless Rafa wins it, people won't give him extra credit. Until then, his credit for many fans is over, and as soon as we're 5 points off the top, you'll read sack rafa. But I tell you it's not the moaning nature of some posters, but some posters thinking Rafa is not good for this club.

I fully understand that feeling because I've been in both sides with other managers. I just ask not to insult Rafa (nor any LFC player) when it comes the time to say you're tired of his management. There's no need.

Sabre there is a hell of a lot unwarranted moaning on here lately mate..ffs read the board..its everywhere!
There are also a hell of a lot of people that NEVER post anything positive no matter how well the team does...maybe you dont think so but from where im sitting that is moaning!!

FFS the team is joint top of the League,has had the best start ever to PL campaign and to read half the post on here you'd think we were fuc'king Spurs or Newcastle.
Maybe you dont think its moaning because you are used to reading it so often! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:57 pm

good post Sabre. it just feels that when you critisize a liverpool player, you're considered to be not a fan. its like, just because we support them doesnt mean they are free from criticism....
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:02 pm

I kind of like it in here, but I think that the hyperbole police would clean up.

GY says he gets accused of being a happy clapper for his positivity, but I get accused of being a trouble-maker by a mod, and overly negative by a poster - I don't consider myself either to be honest.

It might be an odd time on here, I hope it is, I'm willing to stick it out (not that, that's staying behind the zip) for a while to see how it settles down.
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 pm

number 9 has got it pretty much spot on . some posters i have seen never post anythig positive about the club and its constant critism . we beat the mancs - people slag players and manager off - we beat the bs it carrys on - we stuff psv it carrys on - we come back from 2 nil down against city and it carrys on .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 pm

I think most people are happy at the way the season is going, certainly happy about most of our results (if not the way we got them), and happy with Rafa at the moment. I think Igor got it spot on...... it feels a bit like we are all holding our breath waiting for the collapse, rather than looking forward with confidence.

Its been a long time since we won the League and we have had so many false dawn's that its no wonder we are all a bit on edge. We are trying to give birth to a new title challenge, if a bit of moaning and groaning helps get people through it, whats the problem ? If we are still challenging at Christmas you will find most people will be roaring us on and the moans and groans will have almost all disappeared.

Unless we havent bought a replacement for Kuyt by then :D
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:05 pm

as jimmy said there is no middle ground on here at the moment .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:06 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:good post Sabre. it just feels that when you critisize a liverpool player, you're considered to be not a fan. its like, just because we support them doesnt mean they are free from criticism....

Nobody expects you to be happy you little Emo! :D  :rasp
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:06 pm

some people will never be happy and will never say anything positive about kuyt no matter what the lad does . that will never change.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:08 pm

s@int wrote:I think most people are happy at the way the season is going, certainly happy about most of our results (if not the way we got them), and happy with Rafa at the moment. I think Igor got it spot on...... it feels a bit like we are all holding our breath waiting for the collapse, rather than looking forward with confidence.

Its been a long time since we won the League and we have had so many false dawn's that its no wonder we are all a bit on edge. We are trying to give birth to a new title challenge, if a bit of moaning and groaning helps get people through it, whats the problem ? If we are still challenging at Christmas you will find most people will be roaring us on and the moans and groans will have almost all disappeared.

Unless we havent bought a replacement for Kuyt by then :D

:laugh:
Last line!
Ya tool lol
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:09 pm

thats the whole idea of a forum, to debate and discuss options and possibilities (i hate that phrase btw). i dont think ANY supporter would be unhappy when their team wins.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Number 9 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:good post Sabre. it just feels that when you critisize a liverpool player, you're considered to be not a fan. its like, just because we support them doesnt mean they are free from criticism....

Nobody expects you to be happy you little Emo! :D  :rasp

i was jumping on my bed when kuyt scored last night believe it or not  :D it was like tom cruise on the opera show.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Last line!
Ya tool lol

:D

I have no axe to grind over Kuyt, he's a good squad player but shouldn't be a regular (key) first teamer imo. I thought he had a good game against Everton and a poor game against Citeh but still scored. Unless we buy someone or we move Gerrard out there he is the best we have in that position. I can't see what all the arguments are about tbh.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm

newkit

Image Image

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:15 pm

s@int wrote: :D

I have no axe to grind over Kuyt, he's a good squad player but shouldn't be a regular (key) first teamer imo. I thought he had a good game against Everton and a poor game against Citeh but still scored. Unless we buy someone or we move Gerrard out there he is the best we have in that position. I can't see what all the arguments are about tbh.

mate, this is the gen chat not the liverpool discussion chat... :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum