Back rehabilitated - Festy is back........

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Effes » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 pm

How the hell did anyone find out where someone else on here worked???
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
if someone has done what you have said

What do you mean by "if" ? .

Due to PeeWee's machinations, Newkit mods have recently felt obliged to supply a character reference for one of our members to a UK government dept, thats how f'ucking "incredibily filthy" it gets.

That is :censored: outrageous Woof , Absolutly disgraceful, :censored: lowlife, Dirty ex Bizzie, im absolutly gobsmacked here how someone can actualy do that to someone they dont know :censored:all about in real life amazes me, :censored: hell i cant get over that you no :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Depending on the nature and context of what was said, it may be worth that member considering legal recourse.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 pm

I'd certainly be willing to provide peewee with a character reference! :D
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Sabre wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
if someone has done what you have said

What do you mean by "if" ? .

Due to PeeWee's machinations, Newkit mods have recently felt obliged to supply a character reference for one of our members to a UK government dept, thats how f'ucking "incredibily filthy" it gets.

:help

I'm sorry you had to go through that. And that if didn't mean doubt, it's just another kind of expression I translate literally, and in this case we use it when we talk generally about a case without giving names.

Really sorry you had to go through that. And I hope the victim member didn't have further problems and all was solved.

It's all true, mate, and, rare as something this extreme is, it's an example of what things can 'come across our desk' behind the scenes.  This, I think, goes some way towards explaining why the Mods--myself most definitely included--get a little hacked off with even the slightest whiff of a suggestion that the very few members we have permanently banned have been hard done by or that we have made such decisions based on someone's opinions of Rafa, Kuyt etc.  People who've been banned have fully deserved it.  End of.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:22 pm

I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested they were banned because of what they think of the manager or a player Bob, I merely commented on the fact that they had similar views on many things. That's my "end of" on that particular portion of the argument.

It did begin as a fairly light hearted exchange of views during an International break. That applied from my point of view both yesterday and this morning, but being told to "cut the bullsh!t" when I got back from my little uns first day at school and made the mistake of putting it up here soon put paid to that. People surprise you sometimes there's no doubt about that.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:35 pm

bigmick wrote:On this thread, I never said the people were banned for their views on football, I merely commented on the coincidence that they all happen to to have been "anti Rafa" in their time.  Everyone accepts that they were all prone to "antiness", so what is wrong with pointing it out?

That seems pretty 'suggestive' to me Mick. And lets be honest you've been suggesting it over and over for months now. Sometimes I think you could beat Tony Blair in a spin competition.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:40 pm

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Reg wrote:Where's Peewee these days?

I should imagine hes floating in his big fat swimming pool in Thailand drinking Pimms ,  while waiting for his helicopter to land in his extensive gardens, watching it dosnt hit the rose bushes like, to whisk him off to his next big money making deal, Feck me every other Tom ,Dick ,an Harry is Meeting Gillette , Maybe Peewees in there an all  :laugh: As comfortable as rich as he is :nod

:laugh: Peewee's Lakes's "mate" Nan  :D

lol  :rasp
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 pm

bigmick wrote:I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested they were banned because of what they think of the manager or a player Bob, I merely commented on the fact that they had similar views on many things. That's my "end of" on that particular portion of the argument.

It did begin as a fairly light hearted exchange of views during an International break. That applied from my point of view both yesterday and this morning, but being told to "cut the bullsh!t" when I got back from my little uns first day at school and made the mistake of putting it up here soon put paid to that. people surprise you sometimes there's no doubt about that.

people surprise you sometimes there's no doubt about that.

Agree with you on that score Mick. I was certainly surprised to read how easily you segued from talking about banned members to describing your little 'uns first day at school all in the same post.

Anyway, so we're clear, no intended disrespect to your little girls big day from my end.

My "cut the bullsh'it" comment was aimed at your seemingly endless ability to direct traffic and then swerve and make a quick detour when the flow no longer suits you.

Surprised the hell out of me , even though deep down inside I'm thinking "It's Big Mock, I should be used to it by now"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Gerrard30391 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:23 pm

Sabre wrote:
but enough is enough when it gets to the point where he's tracking down and contacting a newkit members' employer in an attempt to get them dismissed from their job .

Holy fúck, I didn't know this.  :O  :no

Personally when I received abuse I forgot it quickly. In most cases you move on, and for instance with Number9 I don't have any problem right now (cross fingers :D). Posts don't harm much and I think you can move on in most cases.

But there are indeed cases in which someone deserves a permanent ban, and if someone has done what you have said, it's one of those cases.

No matter he's Rafalite, or Basher, or improves the football discussion, that's incredibly filthy.

How the feck / why the feck would you want to get someone dismissed from their job through dealings on a football forum. I think that is pushing the boat out entirely. Pathology of power springs to mind.

Some people should look at the well-known phrase, "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me".

As regards Big Micks comments, why is he not entitled to say he doesn't agree with people being permanently banned, because that is what some people are saying here. Jump on his back because his opinion differs from that of ones self.

I also think some people don't help themselves. Some of the sarcastic, witty and posh lingo posts in this thread by some of the forums hierarchy (mentioning no names) are both pathetic and just add fuel to the fire.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:29 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Agree with you on that score Mick. I was certainly surprised to read how easily you segued from talking about banned members to describing your little 'uns first day at school all in the same post.

My talking about my little girls first day at school, just like my saying that Peewee was Lakes's "mate", and my statement earlier that I had no problem with you guys, and my telling Reg he was just 'getting me at it" was an attempt, obviously in vain, to keep the whole thing lighthearted. To put "cut the bullsh!t" after that post though was not on.

The directing traffic line is clearly nonsense, because if the traffic had fone in the direction I was directing it in it would all have been dropped yesterday. I dropped it yesterday until a different mod came in with his particular slant on things, and I once again attempted to keep it light hearted today but to no avail.

"Big Mock"  ??? or not (you'll have to explain that one to me it's gone straight over my head), it's worth remembering that I merely answered a question in the first place which started this thing off.

Anyways I'm going to move on, the rest of you can suit yourselves.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:33 pm

bigmick wrote:Welcome back Festy mate. as usual I'm happy when any banned member comes back as long as they are a genuine Liverpool fan. I've noticed some posters who were banned for some fairly unfortunate episodes being allowed back on, and I'm all for it. It doesn't apply to ALL banned members of course, some remain banned and have to think up a new name or get somebody else to post for them. Whatever though, I'm always all up for people coming back, even if (which wasn't the case with you) I was personally the one on the end of their abuse the last time.

God knows the way the boards have been these last couple of weeks we need all the posters we can get. Ones who actually post about football as well are pretty much like gold dust. I never thought I'd hear myself say it but I'm even missing GYBS. If you're reading fella, I didn't mean it about you being a blanket thrower (well I did really but I didn't mean offence by it) so get yer erse back on.

Anyways like I say, I always think letting banned members who are genuine Liverpool fans back on the boards is a good idea, so welcome back Festy.

Just for the record (and to disprove my statement that I'm going to move on, I'm too fecking wound up to let it go),   here's my first post on the thread where I welcomed back Festy.

You'll notice in this post I urdged GYBS to come back because I miss him and since I called him a blanket thrower he hasn't been arounfd.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:34 pm

fivecups wrote:
bigmick wrote:On this thread, I never said the people were banned for their views on football, I merely commented on the coincidence that they all happen to to have been "anti Rafa" in their time.  Everyone accepts that they were all prone to "antiness", so what is wrong with pointing it out?

That seems pretty 'suggestive' to me Mick. And lets be honest you've been suggesting it over and over for months now. Sometimes I think you could beat Tony Blair in a spin competition.

Mick, Fivecups has got things pretty much spot on: you've been pointing out the same 'coincidence' at fairly regular intervals for months now, which gives the impression that you've got an axe to grind.  You may present it as a "light hearted exchange of views" but after repeated airings of these particular views I've lost any capacity to consider them light hearted.  Perhaps it's time to listen to voices of reason like Babu and Fivecups and let this gripe go? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
fivecups wrote:

Mick, Fivecups has got things pretty much spot on: you've been pointing out the same 'coincidence' at fairly regular intervals for months now, which gives the impression that you've got an axe to grind.  You may present it as a "light hearted exchange of views" but after repeated airings of these particular views I've lost any capacity to consider them light hearted.  Perhaps it's time to listen to voices of reason like Babu and Fivecups and let this gripe go? ???

What about my "voice of reason", I hardly think I'm a reactionary. Being told to "cut the bullsh!t" earlier after that post was hardly reason Bob.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:40 pm

bigmick wrote:
Reg wrote:Where's Peewee these days?

:cool: There's being banned and there's being banned Reg, and Peewee's banned. As is Bamaga man and Stu the Red. I'm not sure if that young fella Alex is permanently banned or Wilhelmson (who was by a distance the worst of the lot, racism on the forum should never be tolerated from any member).

I have a hunch that Peewee posts under other names on occasions, and Bam more than likely gets his veiws aired one way or another. Certainly the first three posters used to add a lot to the football discussion, and the unfortunate yet nontheless remarkable coincidence that they all broadly agreed with each other on many points, means their particular branch of opinion is very much under represented on the forum, but there you go.

You know all this anyway Reginald my good man, you're just getting me at it  :laugh:

This is my second post. You'll note at the end I have a wee bit of banter with Reg for winding me up and getting me at it (which I'm sure he was).

But if there was a reactionary view offered in either post, I can't see it. I merely offered an opinion, no more and no less.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum