Back rehabilitated - Festy is back........

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:12 pm

bigmick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Yep telling it like it is or giving an opinion ? Mick you disagree with alot of things rafa has done and so did BM and peewee, but they are an opninon they are most definatley not how it is.

The same way that some of us think (the vast majority thankfully ), think that Rafa is the man . No he's not the new shankly or paisley or special one . He's rafa benitez , the man who brought some pride back into our team after Gerrard friggin houllier fecked us up . He's the man who takes on Ferguson and the press and the fa . He's the man who's trying to fight for trophies despite our current custodians . The man who loves the club and fans so much that he's knocked back his home town club more than once to stay as our manager . Rafa gets it you see , he gets the Liverpool way .

It's a good speech Igor but he needs to win trophies. Bav was advocating him getting eight seasons since his last one to see if he can come through. To be frank, I don't give a feck whether he gets it or not if he can't win anything. Go eight years without a trophy and before you know where you are you are Birmingham. No thanks mate.

If he starts to win trophies and challenge for the league every year, I get it too. If he doesn't, I don't. No bullsh!t excuses will make me get it if we ultimately fail, or more to the point he does.

Your talking like it's the end of the season already , How many games in are we ? Lets see if we win anything this season , cos believe it or not we are still in all comps. Rafa has got to win something this season , are you sure about that ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Yep telling it like it is or giving an opinion ? Mick you disagree with alot of things rafa has done and so did BM and peewee, but they are an opninon they are most definatley not how it is.

The same way that some of us think (the vast majority thankfully ), think that Rafa is the man . No he's not the new shankly or paisley or special one . He's rafa benitez , the man who brought some pride back into our team after Gerrard friggin houllier fecked us up . He's the man who takes on Ferguson and the press and the fa . He's the man who's trying to fight for trophies despite our current custodians . The man who loves the club and fans so much that he's knocked back his home town club more than once to stay as our manager . Rafa gets it you see , he gets the Liverpool way .

It's a good speech Igor but he needs to win trophies. Bav was advocating him getting eight seasons since his last one to see if he can come through. To be frank, I don't give a feck whether he gets it or not if he can't win anything. Go eight years without a trophy and before you know where you are you are Birmingham. No thanks mate.

If he starts to win trophies and challenge for the league every year, I get it too. If he doesn't, I don't. No bullsh!t excuses will make me get it if we ultimately fail, or more to the point he does.

Your talking like it's the end of the season already , How many games in are we ? Lets see if we win anything this season , cos believe it or not we are still in all comps. Rafa has got to win something this season , are you sure about that ?

I think he has to at least get top 4 and a cup final tbh or its utter rubbish season.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:57 pm

bigmick wrote:There's no "paranoia" on my part, and were it the case that every single poster who has ever been massively abusive was banned for life then there would obviously be no debate.

You've never made a one line post in your life Mick, so theres no doubt about it you´re guilty as charged!

As my boys tell me (ref another issue) 'those who deny it, supply it'.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:19 pm

bigmick wrote:
Reg wrote:Where's Peewee these days?

:cool: There's being banned and there's being banned Reg, and Peewee's banned. As is Bamaga man and Stu the Red. I'm not sure if that young fella Alex is permanently banned or Wilhelmson (who was by a distance the worst of the lot, racism on the forum should never be tolerated from any member).

I have a hunch that Peewee posts under other names on occasions, and Bam more than likely gets his veiws aired one way or another. Certainly the first three posters used to add a lot to the football discussion, and the unfortunate yet nontheless remarkable coincidence that they all broadly agreed with each other on many points, means their particular branch of opinion is very much under represented on the forum, but there you go.

You know all this anyway Reginald my good man, you're just getting me at it  :laugh:

Give it a f'ucking rest will ya Mick and stop being so f'ucking cute.

Time and time again you make reference to the permanent banning of the biggest firestarters this forum has ever encountered as being as some kind of massive loss . You attempt to broadcast the reason for their ban as being down to their "football politics" while all the time you are well aware that it's been deeper than that.

Stu the Red

Yeah, some great footy input and always interesting  BUT disagree with the fella and it's a bucket load of abuse and condesencion resulting in flame war after flame war. the fella was banned eight f'ucking times ! and despite being allowed back again and again was never ever able to lose his internet Troll persona. Cost us countless members who weren't prepared to put up with his sh'ite.

PeeWee   :laugh:

What can I say ? Football input ? do me a favour, three years of he doesn't like Dirk Kuyt or Rafa, what else ?, where's the "great" footy debate ? Fall out with this fella and he will stalk you forever, several long standing members will testify to the guys gold medal ability to carry a grudge, but enough is enough when it gets to the point where he's tracking down and contacting a newkit members' employer in an attempt to get them dismissed from their job .

But of course you know all of this already Mick

A man is often judged by the company he keeps, as far as Stu and PeeWee are concerned I'm just puzzeled why a seemingly stand up guy (?) like youself would want to continuely campaign for their return.

btw , Festy , you took your ban on the chin and got on with it. Welcome back fella.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Cyclical, one hopes.

I certainly don't agree that you can explain the general absence of quality posts by citing the absence of three members given the many more who used to post but no longer do, and moreover, who posted without the abuse/neuroticism that accompanied the other three in question.

IMO, peewee offered absolutely f'uck all to the footie debate; 'Kuyt is sh!t, Rafa is a clown....'I'm just calling a spade a spade' was about the extent of his input. He seldom reasoned for very long and was generally engrossed with himself - his achievements, his IQ (top 3% in the country I'll have you know), his big house (with a large plasma TV), his 'beautiful girlfriend' (who is NOT a ladyboy) and his comfortable style of living. Admittedly, the other two did but obviously failed to exercise a fair degree of self-control in one sense or another.
LFC2007

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Give it a f'ucking rest will ya Mick and stop being so f'ucking cute.

'ere f*ckin 'ere

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Festy wrote:Hi friends, how's everyone ?  :)

wahey festy welcome back
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:43 pm

bigmick wrote:Anyways I'll leave it or I'll get accused of hijacking the thread which I don't want to do.

:laugh:

You hijack every thread with the same drivel

welcome back festy :;):
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Dazzer wrote:I am still upset we got rid of gerard houllier I loved him alot as a manager.I feel that was one of our biggest mistakes.

why do you think that dazzer? ???
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Festy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks everyone for welcoming me.  :)

It's nice to see a GYBSless forum this time.  :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Dazzer wrote:I am still upset we got rid of gerard houllier I loved him alot as a manager.I feel that was one of our biggest mistakes.

If your Fishing then its a bad attempt

HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:46 pm

supersub wrote:
bigmick wrote:Anyways I'll leave it or I'll get accused of hijacking the thread which I don't want to do.

:laugh:

You hijack every thread with the same drivel

Another stellar and mature intervention with the sole purpose of diffusing the situation from the chief mod :).
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:49 pm

come on everyone, how can we be lovers if we can't be friends?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:07 pm

On this question of bannees coming back, I can't for the life of me see why it stirs up quite so much emotion in some people. I asked the question a few weeks back, and got a fairly resounding "NO" from the mods, so what is the bother? I said at the time I disagreed and I do, but why is it quite such a red rag to a bull to people?

On this thread, I welcomed Festy back and said the same as I've always said with regards genuine fans being allowed back under the new rules. I get asked a specific question about a previous member, I answer it and the temperature goes up. Surely I'm allowed to disagree with a policy or a decision? The idea that I "hijack every thread with the same drivel" is just, well :).

Then we get onto this conspiracy theory thing, a persecution complex and all the rest of the stuff. On this thread, I never said the people were banned for their views on football, I merely commented on the coincidence that they all happen to to have been "anti Rafa" in their time.  Everyone accepts that they were all prone to "antiness", so what is wrong with pointing it out?

When I was a mod, I had many dealings with all three banned posters. I gave Stu the Red the card that banned him myself on a couple of occasions (at that time I was the only active mod on the board). I carded Peewee myself on a number of occasions (and yes he can be a real handful to mod), as well as Bamaga Man. I don't communicate with any of them via webchat or whatever the feck it's called, nor do I communicate via PM with any of them. I don't hold my view because I am "mates" with them, nor do I "keep company" with them. I hold my views because I think it's about fairness. Why it winds people up so I really can't fathom. The concept of being able to agree to differ is in short supply at the moment.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 pm

bigmick wrote:On this question of bannees coming back, I can't for the life of me see why it stirs up quite so much emotion in some people. I asked the question a few weeks back, and got a fairly resounding "NO" from the mods, so what is the bother? I said at the time I disagreed and I do, but why is it quite such a red rag to a bull to people?

On this thread, I welcomed Festy back and said the same as I've always said with regards genuine fans being allowed back under the new rules. I get asked a specific question about a previous member, I answer it and the temperature goes up. Surely I'm allowed to disagree with a policy or a decision? The idea that I "hijack every thread with the same drivel" is just, well :).

Then we get onto this conspiracy theory thing, a persecution complex and all the rest of the stuff. On this thread, I never said the people were banned for their views on football, I merely commented on the coincidence that they all happen to to have been "anti Rafa" in their time.  Everyone accepts that they were all prone to "antiness", so what is wrong with pointing it out?

When I was a mod, I had many dealings with all three banned posters. I gave Stu the Red the card that banned him myself on a couple of occasions (at that time I was the only active mod on the board). I carded Peewee myself on a number of occasions (and yes he can be a real handful to mod), as well as Bamaga Man. I don't communicate with any of them via webchat or whatever the feck it's called, nor do I communicate via PM with any of them. I don't hold my view because I am "mates" with them, nor do I "keep company" with them. I hold my views because I think it's about fairness. Why it winds people up so I really can't fathom. The concept of being able to agree to differ is in short supply at the moment.

dude, the thing is, you don't know why the members were banned... the mods do, and see it as good reason to keep the bans.. so thats the end of it mate. we can disagree, but what is done is done so we move on
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum