Back rehabilitated - Festy is back........

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:41 am

i miss bamaga
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:43 am

babu wrote:
bigmick wrote:Certainly the first three posters used to add a lot to the football discussion, and the unfortunate yet nontheless remarkable coincidence that they all broadly agreed with each other on many points, means their particular branch of opinion is very much under represented on the forum, but there you go.

I never had a problem with those posters. But I think the part in bold is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Just because they shared similar opinions (not always though), does not correlate to the fact their branch of opinion is under-represented.

I think there are still many, many on here who share similar views.

What is does directly correlate to is this:
Their style of posting, behaviour, insults, reactions to disagreements is under represented. deliberately, because its not torrelated (as apparent from the banning).

Ah, someone who recognizes the situation for what it is rather than going in for some dastardly conspiracy theory.  You're a breath of fresh air, mate.   :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:54 am

Bad Bob wrote:
babu wrote:
bigmick wrote:Certainly the first three posters used to add a lot to the football discussion, and the unfortunate yet nontheless remarkable coincidence that they all broadly agreed with each other on many points, means their particular branch of opinion is very much under represented on the forum, but there you go.

I never had a problem with those posters. But I think the part in bold is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Just because they shared similar opinions (not always though), does not correlate to the fact their branch of opinion is under-represented.

I think there are still many, many on here who share similar views.

What is does directly correlate to is this:
Their style of posting, behaviour, insults, reactions to disagreements is under represented. deliberately, because its not torrelated (as apparent from the banning).

Ah, someone who recognizes the situation for what it is rather than going in for some dastardly conspiracy theory.  You're a breath of fresh air, mate.   :nod

I do totally see both sides, i think Stu was one of the most interesting posters on here.
I genuinely would look out for his posts and he does seem to know his stuff.
What he couldnt do though was allow someone to disagree, take a step back and say 'well i disagree but fair enough lets move on'
Thats a shame like cos the forum is all the poorer without his input.

But you cant just call people allsorts cos they dont agree with you, most of the time it was totally uncalled for out of order and well OTT.

So it really is/was his own fault.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:09 pm

stu was a pratt. simple as. yeah he posted nice stuff, but theres more to life than posting well...
if he had a blog where no one could reply hed be awesome, but hes got the social skills of a nutjob
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Stu, bam and peewee broadly agreed on feck all . The only thing they agreed on was there dislike of rafa. Even then Bam was pretty much one for giving the manager a chance .

Mick your posts on this subject (not footy or takeover talk) are beginning to sound a little paranoid . Like there's some big conspiracy against people who want the manager out.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:25 pm

There's no "paranoia" on my part, and were it the case that every single poster who has ever been massively abusive was banned for life then there would obviously be no debate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:34 pm

bigmick wrote:There's no "paranoia" on my part, and were it the case that every single poster who has ever been massively abusive was banned for life then there would obviously be no debate.

theres always more to it than what you or I read though dude in some cases... usually the bans have feck all to do with football
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Stu, bam and peewee broadly agreed on feck all . The only thing they agreed on was there dislike of rafa. Even then Bam was pretty much one for giving the manager a chance .

I'm not sure they even agreed in their "dislike of Rafa" Igor. Speaking as someone who often gets accused of "hating the manager with a passion" when in fact I do nothing of the sort, I suspect they didn't agree in this aspect.

Where they "broadly agreed" was in the sense that they didn't buy into the idea that Rafa was Shankly reincarnated. They didn't buy into the notion that mass rotation from game one every season or a revolving door transfer policy were necessarily the right way to go. For sure they disagreed on certain players, on tactics and the like, everyone on the forum has their own opinion on that, but they "broadly agreed" in the sense that they actually looked at what they were watching and weren't afraid of voicing an opinion which was contrary to the norm. In short, they contributed to the football discussion.

We've seen not one hour ago people talking in doleful terms of Rafa only being given "a few more years" to win something, like we should feel sorry for him or something. We see on a daily basis the "but he hasn't had any money to spend" mantra being trotted out, despite all evidence to the contrary. I think they'd have "broadly agreed" that both ideas are b0ll0cks, simply because they are and none of them were afraid of telling it like it is.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:42 pm

As for "represenatation", I do think their particular train of thought is under represented. I don't think anyone on here dislikes Kuyt like Peewee disliked him, I don't think anyone on here rated Jimmy Bullard as much as Stu, or Gareth barry as early as Stu, and I don't think anyone on here mirrors Bamaga Mans particular slant on the football side of the debate. Just because on occasions some other posters are critical of the manager, it doesn't mean that the views of these posters are either replicated nor redundant IMHO.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:46 pm

bigmick wrote:As for "represenatation", I do think their particular train of thought is under represented. I don't think anyone on here dislikes Kuyt like Peewee disliked him, I don't think anyone on here rated Jimmy Bullard as much as Stu, or Gareth barry as early as Stu, and I don't think anyone on here mirrors Bamaga Mans particular slant on the football side of the debate. Just because on occasions some other posters are critical of the manager, it doesn't mean that the views of these posters are either replicated nor redundant IMHO.

again i'll say, the bans on some occasions had feck all to do with football. We all have our rants at the manager, some people like Sir roger are strange in there dislikes, but would not be bans as opinions are one thing, how you interact with others is something completely different
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bigmick wrote:As for "represenatation", I do think their particular train of thought is under represented. I don't think anyone on here dislikes Kuyt like Peewee disliked him, I don't think anyone on here rated Jimmy Bullard as much as Stu, or Gareth barry as early as Stu, and I don't think anyone on here mirrors Bamaga Mans particular slant on the football side of the debate. Just because on occasions some other posters are critical of the manager, it doesn't mean that the views of these posters are either replicated nor redundant IMHO.

again i'll say, the bans on some occasions had feck all to do with football. We all have our rants at the manager, some people like Sir roger are strange in there dislikes, but would not be bans as opinions are one thing, how you interact with others is something completely different

I agree with that Daws, how you interact with others is indeed completely different. Like I said earlier though, if it were the case that every single poster who has been massively absusive was never seen again then there would be no arguement. It would be totally the wrong decision IMHO, but nobody could argue with it.

As I've said many times, even when I've personally been the one on the recieving end of the abuse, true Liverpool fans should be eventually given the same chances as everyone else.

Anyways I'll leave it or I'll get accused of hijacking the thread which I don't want to do.

Welcome back Festy.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:00 pm

bigmick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Stu, bam and peewee broadly agreed on feck all . The only thing they agreed on was there dislike of rafa. Even then Bam was pretty much one for giving the manager a chance .

I'm not sure they even agreed in their "dislike of Rafa" Igor. Speaking as someone who often gets accused of "hating the manager with a passion" when in fact I do nothing of the sort, I suspect they didn't agree in this aspect.

Where they "broadly agreed" was in the sense that they didn't buy into the idea that Rafa was Shankly reincarnated. They didn't buy into the notion that mass rotation from game one every season or a revolving door transfer policy were necessarily the right way to go. For sure they disagreed on certain players, on tactics and the like, everyone on the forum has their own opinion on that, but they "broadly agreed" in the sense that they actually looked at what they were watching and weren't afraid of voicing an opinion which was contrary to the norm. In short, they contributed to the football discussion.

We've seen not one hour ago people talking in doleful terms of Rafa only being given "a few more years" to win something, like we should feel sorry for him or something. We see on a daily basis the "but he hasn't had any money to spend" mantra being trotted out, despite all evidence to the contrary. I think they'd have "broadly agreed" that both ideas are b0ll0cks, simply because they are and none of them were afraid of telling it like it is.

Yep telling it like it is or giving an opinion ? Mick you disagree with alot of things rafa has done and so did BM and peewee, but they are an opninon they are most definatley not how it is.

The same way that some of us think (the vast majority thankfully ), think that Rafa is the man . No he's not the new shankly or paisley or special one . He's rafa benitez , the man who brought some pride back into our team after Gerrard friggin houllier fecked us up . He's the man who takes on Ferguson and the press and the fa . He's the man who's trying to fight for trophies despite our current custodians . The man who loves the club and fans so much that he's knocked back his home town club more than once to stay as our manager . Rafa gets it you see , he gets the Liverpool way .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Oh yeh welcome back FARTY i'm Festy. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Yep telling it like it is or giving an opinion ? Mick you disagree with alot of things rafa has done and so did BM and peewee, but they are an opninon they are most definatley not how it is.

The same way that some of us think (the vast majority thankfully ), think that Rafa is the man . No he's not the new shankly or paisley or special one . He's rafa benitez , the man who brought some pride back into our team after Gerrard friggin houllier fecked us up . He's the man who takes on Ferguson and the press and the fa . He's the man who's trying to fight for trophies despite our current custodians . The man who loves the club and fans so much that he's knocked back his home town club more than once to stay as our manager . Rafa gets it you see , he gets the Liverpool way .

It's a good speech Igor but he needs to win trophies. Bav was advocating him getting eight seasons since his last one to see if he can come through. To be frank, I don't give a feck whether he gets it or not if he can't win anything. Go eight years without a trophy and before you know where you are you are Birmingham. No thanks mate.

If he starts to win trophies and challenge for the league every year, I get it too. If he doesn't, I don't. No bullsh!t excuses will make me get it if we ultimately fail, or more to the point he does.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:11 pm

bigmick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Yep telling it like it is or giving an opinion ? Mick you disagree with alot of things rafa has done and so did BM and peewee, but they are an opninon they are most definatley not how it is.

It's a good speech Igor but he needs to win trophies. Bav was advocating him getting eight seasons since his last one to see if he can come through. To be frank, I don't give a feck whether he gets it or not if he can't win anything. Go eight years without a trophy and before you know where you are you are Birmingham. No thanks mate.

If he starts to win trophies and challenge for the league every year, I get it too. If he doesn't, I don't. No bullsh!t excuses will make me get it if we ultimately fail, or more to the point he does.

I am still upset we got rid of gerard houllier I loved him alot as a manager.I feel that was one of our biggest mistakes.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum