Back rehabilitated - Festy is back........

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 pm

bigmick wrote:What about my "voice of reason", I hardly think I'm a reactionary. Being told to "cut the bullsh!t" earlier after that post was hardly reason Bob.

To paraphrase a respected and long serving member

"Thats how I see it Mick, but it's not like I called you a blanket thrower (and even if I did, no insult was intended)

Guess we're all good again   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Gerrard30391 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
fivecups wrote:
bigmick wrote:On this thread, I never said the people were banned for their views on football, I merely commented on the coincidence that they all happen to to have been "anti Rafa" in their time.  Everyone accepts that they were all prone to "antiness", so what is wrong with pointing it out?

That seems pretty 'suggestive' to me Mick. And lets be honest you've been suggesting it over and over for months now. Sometimes I think you could beat Tony Blair in a spin competition.

Mick, Fivecups has got things pretty much spot on: you've been pointing out the same 'coincidence' at fairly regular intervals for months now, which gives the impression that you've got an axe to grind.  You may present it as a "light hearted exchange of views" but after repeated airings of these particular views I've lost any capacity to consider them light hearted.  Perhaps it's time to listen to voices of reason like Babu and Fivecups and let this gripe go? ???

So, Bob, people spouting on about Rafa or Kuyt etc. is any different to Mick going on about banned members returning etc.? I don't think so.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 am

supersub wrote:
Dazzer wrote:I am still upset we got rid of gerard houllier I loved him alot as a manager.I feel that was one of our biggest mistakes.

why do you think that dazzer? ???

Think he just did a great job at our club.One of our best years I remember as a supporter of out club the year we did the trebble of cup wins.Also some credit should go to him for 2005 CL win as he built a good part of that team.Like people say with Rafa now few more years I feel he could have taken us to next level.

People are so quick to forget that Gerard Houllier won more in his time then rafa has so far and done it with alot less resources.Imho I still think he is better manager but we move on but I won't forget Gerard a manager that almost gave every thing for this club.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 am

Quote Woof: "To paraphrase a respected and long serving member

"Thats how I see it Mick, but it's not like I called you a blanket thrower (and even if I did, no insult was intended)

Guess we're all good again"   

Yep we're all good with the paraphrasing if you compare me calling GYBS a lesser spotted blanket thrower and writing a long description of his habitat and habits to the "cut the bullsh!t" post earlier. If the two of those are comparable then sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick, silly me.

I'm all done discussing it in any case.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:04 am

Gerrard30391 wrote:How the feck / why the feck would you want to get someone dismissed from their job through dealings on a football forum. I think that is pushing the boat out entirely. Pathology of power springs to mind.

Some people should look at the well-known phrase, "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me".

As regards Big Micks comments, why is he not entitled to say he doesn't agree with people being permanently banned, because that is what some people are saying here. Jump on his back because his opinion differs from that of ones self.

I also think some people don't help themselves. Some of the sarcastic, witty and posh lingo posts in this thread by some of the forums hierarchy (mentioning no names) are both pathetic and just add fuel to the fire.

How the feck / why the feck would you want to get someone dismissed from their job through dealings on a football forum.

What's your point? I don't know the answer, just as I don't know why a cúnt is a cúnt.

As regards Big Micks comments, why is he not entitled to say he doesn't agree with people being permanently banned, because that is what some people are saying here.

Jump on his back because his opinion differs from that of ones self.

I also think some people don't help themselves. Some of the sarcastic, witty and posh lingo posts in this thread by some of the forums hierarchy (mentioning no names) are both pathetic and just add fuel to the fire.

Hierarchy? What hierarchy !?!  :D  If someone sees newkit membership as a hierarchy then you could be spot on about the patology of power. You are not doubting the explanations of the mods about that particular permanent ban are you?

And if you are, explain me what the truth is, because my first news about it have been today (not part of the information hierarchy you could say).

Come on, tell me, what the fúck are you talking about.  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 am

Gerrard30391 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
fivecups wrote:
bigmick wrote:On this thread, I never said the people were banned for their views on football, I merely commented on the coincidence that they all happen to to have been "anti Rafa" in their time.  Everyone accepts that they were all prone to "antiness", so what is wrong with pointing it out?

That seems pretty 'suggestive' to me Mick. And lets be honest you've been suggesting it over and over for months now. Sometimes I think you could beat Tony Blair in a spin competition.

Mick, Fivecups has got things pretty much spot on: you've been pointing out the same 'coincidence' at fairly regular intervals for months now, which gives the impression that you've got an axe to grind.  You may present it as a "light hearted exchange of views" but after repeated airings of these particular views I've lost any capacity to consider them light hearted.  Perhaps it's time to listen to voices of reason like Babu and Fivecups and let this gripe go? ???

So, Bob, people spouting on about Rafa or Kuyt etc. is any different to Mick going on about banned members returning etc.? I don't think so.

The difference being, mate, that this is a forum devoted to talking about football rather than one set up to dissect modding decisions or rehash board politics at every turn.

And, on that note, I'll take my leave now rather than flogging this ex-horse any further....
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:10 am

Bad Bob wrote:The difference being, mate, that this is a forum devoted to talking about football rather than one set up to dissect modding decisions or rehash board politics at every turn.

Totally agree with that, that is what the forum is about. This THREAD though, in the GENERAL CHAT section, was about welcoming back Festy, which I did. I do also occasionally post about football too.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:11 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
fivecups wrote:

The difference being, mate, that this is a forum devoted to talking about football rather than one set up to dissect modding decisions or rehash board politics at every turn.

And, on that note, I'll take my leave now rather than flogging this ex-horse any further....

I'm not sure he's dissecting your decisions to ban the members, i think he's on about why you don't let them back in if it is going to improve what you just told me the forum is for, football talk.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:11 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Dazzer wrote:I am still upset we got rid of gerard houllier I loved him alot as a manager.I feel that was one of our biggest mistakes.

If your Fishing then its a bad attempt

Tbh I got no idea what you are on about nan.I bloody hate fishing in all senses of the sport/word.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:18 am

Sabre wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:How the feck / why the feck would you want to get someone dismissed from their job through dealings on a football forum. I think that is pushing the boat out entirely. Pathology of power springs to mind.

Some people should look at the well-known phrase, "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me".

As regards Big Micks comments, why is he not entitled to say he doesn't agree with people being permanently banned, because that is what some people are saying here. Jump on his back because his opinion differs from that of ones self.

How the feck / why the feck would you want to get someone dismissed from their job through dealings on a football forum.

What's your point? I don't know the answer, just as I don't know why a cúnt is a cúnt.

As regards Big Micks comments, why is he not entitled to say he doesn't agree with people being permanently banned, because that is what some people are saying here.

Jump on his back because his opinion differs from that of ones self.

Hierarchy? What hierarchy !?!  :D  If someone sees newkit membership as a hierarchy then you could be spot on about the patology of power. You are not doubting the explanations of the mods about that particular permanent ban are you?

And if you are, explain me what the truth is, because my first news about it have been today (not part of the information hierarchy you could say).

Come on, tell me, what the fúck are you talking about.  :laugh:

My point is, why would you want to get someone out of a job through words on a forum. OK fair enough if it is strong enough ban the feckers from the forum, please do, in fact.

Also, i'm certainly not doubting any explanations to permanent bans, as i trust the mods make the right decisions for the well being of the forum.

I think if you check out what a hierarchy is Sabes, you may find it's along the lines of people/person at the top with other levels underneath them which I think you'll find is the set up of this forum. And I think certain people, higher than me in that structure, made them selves look like a snobby tw@ with some of their witty comments.

There i told you what the :censored: I'm talking about.
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 am

Also, i'm certainly not doubting any explanations to permanent bans, as i trust the mods make the right decisions for the well being of the forum

Thank you. Once you clarified this, the rest is not important, I might have misread the rest of your post thinking you were suggesting otherwise.

Sorry for any offence caused by this post, and just in case, any previous post.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:27 am

Sabre wrote:
Also, i'm certainly not doubting any explanations to permanent bans, as i trust the mods make the right decisions for the well being of the forum

Thank you. Once you clarified this, the rest is not important, I might misread your post thinking you were suggesting otherwise.

Sorry for any offence caused by this post, and just in case, any previous post.

No worries mate, i would never doubt any modding decisions as I don't know facts.

However, some of their posts really are pathetic.

You'd do well to offend me via words mate :laugh:
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:28 am

Is it safe to post in here? :laugh:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:31 am

Emerald Red wrote:Is it safe to post in here? :laugh:

Of course, some people just don't agree with Big Mick that's all.
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:35 am

Now, I know it got deleted, but my thread about emails the other night could go for some members on here the way this place is taken so seriously !

PS. Apologies for any offence caused by that to members who did take offence to it. No offence was intended. Anyway, Festy comes back, opens a thread and look what happens ! ban him again mods trouble that kid ! :laugh:
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum