World cup - What players have impressed?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:22 pm

stmichael wrote:they were mentioning during the czech game that rosicky was brought as a replacement for pires but i just can't see that. rosicky isn't a wide player. as good as he is, where's he going to play for arsenal?

He'll play off Henry in most games I think as a second striker, more of a replacement for Bergkamp than Pires surely?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:10 pm

watch ribery for france later. unbelievable talent.

they'll be a mass scrap between a load of english clubs for him if he performs as he can.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Good Bob » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:20 pm

stmichael wrote:watch ribery for france later. unbelievable talent.

they'll be a mass scrap between a load of english clubs for him if he performs as he can.

We'll see.
Good Bob

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:08 pm

Good Bob wrote:

We'll see.

that Ribery was extremely poor today, i was keen to see him in an international game as he was impresive in a uefa cup game i saw earlier this year, but like most of the french team he was distinctly average, but i would expect him to improve in there upcoming games.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:43 am

Good Bob wrote:

We'll see.

Woefull today, to be fair the whole team looked poor. Vieira was shocking, Wilturd his usual self and Ribery looked about as good Sissy.

Will reserve judgement considering how Zidane, Vieira and Henry performed. The only two French players that turned up were Gallas and Makelele
Good Bob

Postby drummerphil » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:00 pm

i remember Pele raving about Totti and how much he liked Butt at the last world cup.Then an advert came on about him having erection problems.Pele must be king of the frustraters at the world cups..................:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:01 pm

kaka and prso: game 14

torres and puyol: game 15

missed 16

jelen and boruc: game 17
Last edited by red37 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby davo_LFC » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:36 am

That ribery was poor in the france game but then again so were the whole france team.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby chris4069 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:48 pm

davo_LFC wrote:That ribery was poor in the france game but then again so were the whole france team.

Ribery goes certainly undertake with olympique lyonnais but his boss doesn't want to let got of. :buttrock

otherwise, to me, Rosicky really impress me
chris4069

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:09 am

1) Argentina v Serbia-Montenegro

Where do you start with the Argentinians?  They were all massive.  Rodriguez finished clinically, Saviola showed great skill (esp. to set up their third), Sorin and Riquelme worked the ball well on the left, Heinze and Ayala were rocks at the back, Messi and Tevez made amazing contributions as subs...what a team!  Outstanding football to watch against a team that was known coming in for their defensive solidity.

2) Ivory Coast v The Netherlands

Ivory Coast were impressive again today against Holland.  Not enough quality in the final third to equalize mind you (A. Kona was particularly wasteful in front of goal) but they took the game to the Dutch quite nicely throughout and were worthy of a draw.

Yaya Toure, in particular, was impressive again for the Ivorians.

For the Dutch, Van Persie had a strong game.  Kuyt might have trouble getting a look-in now, with Van Persie playing so well on the right.  Robben caused problems for the Ivorians but was typically selfish.  Wonderful to see him booked for diving as well! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:25 pm

never mind brazil. we seen the world champions elect knock in six yesterday in what became exhibition stuff.
the only other teams that looked as capable were czech republic and spain, possibly italy if they get on a roll...

forget england. if sven continues to leave a gap between midfield and attack as wide as the rhine itself. we'll be murdered by these sides.

my only regret is not sticking more than £20 sheets on the argies 3 weeks ago..

(if saviola is on a free, he must be considered)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:23 am

Brazil will always be a contender with Ronaldinho and Kaka in the side, they are special players that can change a game, same as Argentina having Riquelme and Messi.
Czech looked like a toothless tiger without Koller and Baros, their replacement striker cannot even do simple passes, and Nedved seems to be well exhausted from the 1st game. Italy USA game Donovan stand out for me, a very fast player and every USA attack involves him.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:37 pm

Houllier=LFC wrote:Nedved seems to be well exhausted from the 1st game. Italy USA game Donovan stand out for me, a very fast player and every USA attack involves him.

Not sure if we were watching the same game, mate, as Nedved seemed to be everywhere again!  The pace he has at 33 is phenomenal.

Agreed on Donovan, though--great game for the Americans (although still not good enough for LFC).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Good Bob » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:57 pm

Nico Crancar (spelling) of Croatia looks a decent player. Good technical ability and vision. Not as good as Yaya though. :D
Good Bob

Postby Good Bob » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:47 pm

Anthony Timoshuck of Ukraine. Alround midfielder. Good in the tackle, works hard and a good passer. :)
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion