World cup - What players have impressed?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:52 pm

anyway...

figo and tiago: game 8

missed game 7, maybe stu can let us know who was the dogs... :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:36 am

Game 8: figo and cristiano ronaldo
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:19 am

red37 wrote:
Good Bob wrote:Do you honestly think Koroman and Dindane have loads of ability?

who said anything about " loads" - dindane to me, did one or two things that stood out thats all...

fwiw the ivory coast had several players who looked impressive..

i must have gone for a cuppa when he had his c.rap bits  :D

Dindane didn't stand out for me to be honest.

Koroman was Serbia's best player when he came on and looked like he had a bit about him.  But then the commentator said he's already at Portsmouth, and considering I've never heard of the guy maybe that means he's struggling in the premiership and just happened to have a good game against the Dutch.

In the Portugal game Figo was good, was impressed with his turn of pace for a 33 year old to set up the goal.  Thought Pauletta's movement was good up front.  Again though, having seen Pauletta several times before and considering Figo's age, neither are players I'd ever consider signing.  Also I though Simao was awful, I've always said I'm glad we didn't get him and last night just reinforced that for me.  For a supposed winger he looked very slow to me.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:05 pm

Unfair to slag Sven for taking Walcott - how was Sven supposed to know Walcott wasn't ready - he'd never seen him play :D

Defoe/Bent and Ashton must be despairing.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:07 am

viduka and yanisigawa: game 9

rosicky and nedved: game 10

totti and cannavaro: game 11

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby wee_boi888 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:42 am

Arsenal have a gem in Rosicky. He was a creative force for the Czechs, often starting the plays in his own half and moving along with the play really well.

We better watch out when we play them next season. (BTW does the US coach look like a monkey...?)
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:01 am

Rosicky and Totti
account deleted by request

Postby Lionheart » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:21 am

Nedved and Poborsky were like a couple of teenagers while Koller was one hell of a target for the Czechs.  This squad will need watching as they could be a real threat.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:09 am

john craig wrote:In the Portugal game Figo was good, was impressed with his turn of pace for a 33 year old to set up the goal.  Thought Pauletta's movement was good up front.  Again though, having seen Pauletta several times before and considering Figo's age, neither are players I'd ever consider signing.  Also I though Simao was awful, I've always said I'm glad we didn't get him and last night just reinforced that for me.  For a supposed winger he looked very slow to me.

Agree about Simao, he was very poor.

Portugal missed Deco, who will start against Iran as he should be fit by then. Simao will be the player who misses out.

Pauleta has scored goals for fun consistently in France for about 4 seosons now, yet he didn't get a move to any of the big leagues like Cisse and Drogba did. We would have been better to sign Pauleta over Cisse if we were looking at a top striker from Ligue 1. Pauleta wouldn't of cost 14mn either.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:42 am

Yesterday saw 2 of the performances of the tournament so far in Rosicky (2 absolute belters and only the crossbar denied him his hat trick) and Essien (who, as I said in another thread, showed just what he is capable of when he is not having to do Lampard's workload on top of his own).

Also thought Luca Toni looked a dangerous striker - the one where he flicked on a header to himself and volleyed off the bar was class.  Nedved and Poborsky are also worth a mention, for 30+ players in that heat the amount of running they put in was unbelievable.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:15 am

they were mentioning during the czech game that rosicky was brought as a replacement for pires but i just can't see that. rosicky isn't a wide player. as good as he is, where's he going to play for arsenal?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Good Bob » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:10 pm

stmichael wrote:they were mentioning during the czech game that rosicky was brought as a replacement for pires but i just can't see that. rosicky isn't a wide player. as good as he is, where's he going to play for arsenal?

Centre mid maybe? ???
Good Bob

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:16 pm

Good Bob wrote:
stmichael wrote:they were mentioning during the czech game that rosicky was brought as a replacement for pires but i just can't see that. rosicky isn't a wide player. as good as he is, where's he going to play for arsenal?

Centre mid maybe? ???

sarcastic ba$tard :D

as great as the guy is, i just didn't think he was what arsenal needed. they need a ball winner to replace vieira.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:16 pm

luca toni, rosicky, that geezer from ghana - apooe ?!?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:17 pm

stmichael wrote:
Good Bob wrote:

Centre mid maybe? ???

sarcastic ba$tard :D

as great as the guy is, i just didn't think he was what arsenal needed. they need a ball winner to replace vieira.

Arsenal need alot of things. Rosicky will be an excellent signing for them though.

I wouldn't be suprised if they got Yaya Toure (Vieira mk II).
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion