Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:57 pm

luvliverpool wrote:Nice thread Sabre.

For you guys that have Sky I have been told that this works.........as I don't have sky yet I thought maybe some of you would like this.......I beleive this is free of charge

If you want Real Madrid TV on Sky (not sure if it will work on other cable boxes).... do this :-

Push the 'Services' button on the remote.
Go to 'System Setup'
Then 'Add Channels'
In frequency type 11.681 then go to find channels at the bottom of that page.
Once you're in there, there is a channel called 51147, go over to it and push the Yellow button on your remote.

After that when you push 'Services' again and go to the 'Other Channels' section, the channel should be in there.... and thats Real Madrid TV.

(I did not think this warranted a new thread)

yeah tried this last week and yeah it works.

sabre, did Aguerro come on this weekend.  I know he was on the bench for Athletico.
puroresu

Postby MaccaLFC » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Celta didn't deserve that, f'ucking Gudjohnsen too ffs, rub it in why don't you. W@nker.:(
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Puroresu, he had about 25 minutes or so and was quite lively for that time, had a couple of chances. I only saw the highlights though.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Sabre, who do you think will be the surprise team in La Liga this season?

How's Nunez getting on these days?
48-1119859832

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Surprise as in compete for the title? Atletico Madrid, despite what St Michael thinks about them is true. The difference will be Aguirre, their coach. I really rate him, he really is a master of gelling teams together.

Anyway, just guessing, normally the surprise teams tend to surprise me aswell :D

Nuñez had a decent amount of  games last season, and his performance was decent. It's just what I expected, he is a good player for Celta de Vigo, or Real Sociedad, not good enough for LFC.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:40 pm

Sabre wrote:Surprise as in compete for the title? Atletico Madrid, despite what St Michael thinks about them is true. The difference will be Aguirre, their coach. I really rate him, he really is a master of gelling teams together.

the fact they've managed to hold onto torres is a major plus for them. the only problem they've got now is they'll only get a smallish fee for him next summer as he'll only have one year left on his contract then. has that sergio aguero guy played yet who we were linked with?

incidentally that game tonight was an awesome game of football. messi is frighteningly good.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:43 pm

Agüero has frightened during the preseason. I think it's a good idea to put money on him. He seems to be utter class.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:44 pm

Sabre wrote:Agüero has frightened during the preseason. I think it's a good idea to put money on him. He seems to be utter class.

Thats why I dont see £15 millon which Athletico paid for him as too much of a risk.  By all accounts Aguerro is seen as the next big thing.  Some say more talented than Tevez and even Messi.
puroresu

Postby The Red Baron » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm

I read somewhere that a cannon is fired when one of the Basque teams score a goal.Is it correct.
Last edited by The Red Baron on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:20 pm

tell you what, sevilla look like one hell of a team this season. they're currently thumping levante 3-0 after destroying barcelona last week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:47 pm

tell you what, sevilla look like one hell of a team this season. they're currently thumping levante 3-0 after destroying barcelona last week.

RS is facing them next game. Their secret is Monchi. A former cráp player that has turned out to be an amazing scouter. They sold Ramos for a lot of money and Monchi brought players like Baptista (then sold to Real Madrid) or Alves. Thanks to that success in picking good players and then selling them expensive Sevilla is in the best moment of their history and with the finances safe.

Plus, Sevilla used to be lighthearted team back in the eighties. Lots of short passes, heal touches, and zero agression. Now they're the opposite,hard pressing, hard tackling, they put the line of defence well up, you have to play in 25 metres. Tough team really. Might be near the CL places this season.

A sure bet to do with them is that they won't get two goals in a game. Bloody hard to score against them.

About the cannons, it was a RS tradition. But it was not cannons but those rockets that are launched in fireworks. Whenever RS scored, a rocket was launched so that the fishermen that were in the sea knew RS had scored. Small town traditions. :)
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:50 pm

can't see a lot happening between english and spanish clubs between now and the transfer deadline sabre. the one deal that probably will go through is reyes to athletico madrid. there was also talk of baptista going to spurs but i just can't see that.

incidentally i saw jonathan woodgate in middlesbrough today where he is in talks with boro about signing on loan for a year.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:04 am

Can AB or somebody in America tell me something about Eddie Johnson, an american striker that has played in Kansas Wizards so far?

RS just signed up him, and he's completely unknown to me. Reports say that he's fast, but, that league can't be compared to the major European ones.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:01 am

This is are the standings of the whole history of primera division. Might give you an idea of who's who.

First column is for the amount of points achieved, second one for games played, Games won, Draw, lost, Goals For, Goals against, and the last one is for the best place achieved.

Those are the teams that are actually in primera, but as you can see Villareal's 29th position tells us their lack of history.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:15 pm

I was just reading about Rudd Van Nistelroy and his fall out with Fergie. How is he doing in Madrid and is he expected to make a big impression over there, or is he more likely to be like Owen and third choice?
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion