Rafael benitez - sacked by inter milan - What is his next move?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:42 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Benitez plots exit strategy
(UKPA) – 1 hour ago
Rafael Benitez's agent has confirmed ongoing talks are aimed at ending his contract at Inter Milan, according to Sky Sports Italia.
In what amounts to the first solid indication that Benitez has indeed been sacked by the reigning Serie A and European champions, agent Manuel Garcia Quilon was quoted as saying on Wednesday night : "We are talking about it, but I cannot say anything more".
Quilon met with Inter vice president Rinaldo Ghelfi and technical director Marco Branca, as well as the club lawyer Angelo Capellini, and added: "We are neither optimistic nor pessimistic. We will meet again to talk more."
With Benitez back in Liverpool, speculation has swirled for the last 24 hours that he has been dismissed as Inter coach, but the club have denied the story thus far, with president Massimo Moratti describing the situation as "a bit of a mess" that the club are "trying to understand".
But the 50-year-old looks likely to leave the post after he issued a 'sack me or back me' ultimatum after leading Inter to success in the FIFA Club World Cup on Saturday.
After the weekend 3-0 win over African side TP Mazembe, Benitez called for Moratti to back him in the upcoming transfer market after an otherwise poor start to the season.
The five-time reigning Serie A champions sit seventh in the Serie A table while they only qualified second in their Champions League group behind competition debutants Tottenham.
Inter's season has been undermined by injury, but with a 13-point gap behind leaders and city rivals AC Milan, Benitez has come under intense fire just six months into the job.

not a penny in compo, lets hope they dont get unnecessarlily fleeced like we did.

unnecessarlily fleeced

Exactly how were we fleeced ?

The owners wanted to terminate his contract and to do that you must pay compensation and Rafa actually took an amount that was lower than what they should of paid . I think compared to the amount of money he earnt the club over the years it was pennies .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:44 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
(UKPA) – 1 hour ago
Rafael Benitez's agent has confirmed ongoing talks are aimed at ending his contract at Inter Milan, according to Sky Sports Italia.
In what amounts to the first solid indication that Benitez has indeed been sacked by the reigning Serie A and European champions, agent Manuel Garcia Quilon was quoted as saying on Wednesday night : "We are talking about it, but I cannot say anything more".
Quilon met with Inter vice president Rinaldo Ghelfi and technical director Marco Branca, as well as the club lawyer Angelo Capellini, and added: "We are neither optimistic nor pessimistic. We will meet again to talk more."
With Benitez back in Liverpool, speculation has swirled for the last 24 hours that he has been dismissed as Inter coach, but the club have denied the story thus far, with president Massimo Moratti describing the situation as "a bit of a mess" that the club are "trying to understand".
But the 50-year-old looks likely to leave the post after he issued a 'sack me or back me' ultimatum after leading Inter to success in the FIFA Club World Cup on Saturday.
After the weekend 3-0 win over African side TP Mazembe, Benitez called for Moratti to back him in the upcoming transfer market after an otherwise poor start to the season.
The five-time reigning Serie A champions sit seventh in the Serie A table while they only qualified second in their Champions League group behind competition debutants Tottenham.
Inter's season has been undermined by injury, but with a 13-point gap behind leaders and city rivals AC Milan, Benitez has come under intense fire just six months into the job.

not a penny in compo, lets hope they dont get unnecessarlily fleeced like we did.

meaning we paid over the odds. like inter will.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:46 am

Over the odds ? Yet was way below what he was entitled too - not sure how that is over the odds ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:53 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Over the odds ? Yet was way below what he was entitled too - not sure how that is over the odds ?

just to explain

i support lfc, not rafa
Ben Patrick

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:55 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
(UKPA) – 1 hour ago

We will be fucking fleeced by paying Roy off when hes sacked how about that hey?

Whats the big deal with rafas compo? They sacked him hes entitled to every penny, I wonder how much The Hodge will give to the local charities when hes given the boot? Fuck all i say.

Ben your makin ashow of yerself seriously get a grip.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:09 am

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
(UKPA) – 1 hour ago

We will be fucking fleeced by paying Roy off when hes sacked how about that hey?

Whats the big deal with rafas compo? They sacked him hes entitled to every penny, I wonder how much The Hodge will give to the local charities when hes given the boot? Fuck all i say.

am i sh!te, you have consistently that's why you spout sh!te then feck off.
If you read this thread its not about one or the other, they are both not good enough.
Simple as.

And do me a favour dont say i look stupid then post utter sh!te relentlessley  :)
Ben Patrick

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:11 am

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
(UKPA) – 1 hour ago

just to explain i support lfc, once you have stopped supportin rafa fc gis a shout
Ben Patrick

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:12 am

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
(UKPA) – 1 hour ago

btw thought he had voluntarily resigned  :laugh:
Ben Patrick

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:16 am

Ben Patrick wrote:btw thought he had voluntarily resigned  :laugh:

Hey? Since when? Ive got all the knobs on ignore feel free to join them if you continue acting like one.

You know whats a fecking shame paying 13 million to get rid of Rafa and his backroom staff and employing Roy (35 years experience of winning feck all) Hodgson !!

Rafa donated a lot of money to Marie Curie you know that cancer hospital where you live? where one day a member of your family or a friend might be cured from the money he donated to buy things for said hospital.  You know his wife who is a top barrister left her job and done charity work mostly over YOUR side of the water raking in thousands for a good cause, buying mini busses for the handicapped.
Shame on you !!!

Duno why you have a cob on with fans over Rafas compo take it up with LFC if you feel that strongly about it, you know Twit & Tw@t payed him off, we arnt to blame so get off your Image
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:34 am

Now the little trip out of the gates comes a bit clearer. He comes out with a big smile on his face with a cup of tea for the cameraman.  He may well have been saying, "Hello Mr. Moratti, look how happy I am here in Liverpool.  Get ready to either commit to buying some players or I am staying here".
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:03 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Over the odds ? Yet was way below what he was entitled too - not sure how that is over the odds ?

just to explain

i support lfc, not rafa

By the way you are wishing Inter do not get fleeced, looks like you support Inter as well
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:08 am

We are making a big mistake.

I'm not sure if Sacking Rafa at this time would help...we're gonna be so unprepared for everything the rest of the year!
Julio-0

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:28 am

Julio-0 wrote:We are making a big mistake.

I'm not sure if Sacking Rafa at this time would help...we're gonna be so unprepared for everything the rest of the year!

A big mistake!  When Rafa left Valencia they crumbled.  Same with Liverpool unfortunately.

He is a good manager but the injuries at Inter have just affected the team too much.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:44 am

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:btw thought he had voluntarily resigned  :laugh:

Hey? Since when? Ive got all the knobs on ignore feel free to join them if you continue acting like one.

You know whats a fecking shame paying 13 million to get rid of Rafa and his backroom staff and employing Roy (35 years experience of winning feck all) Hodgson !!

Rafa donated a lot of money to Marie Curie you know that cancer hospital where you live? where one day a member of your family or a friend might be cured from the money he donated to buy things for said hospital.  You know his wife who is a top barrister left her job and done charity work mostly over YOUR side of the water raking in thousands for a good cause, buying mini busses for the handicapped.
Shame on you !!!

Duno why you have a cob on with fans over Rafas compo take it up with LFC if you feel that strongly about it, you know Twit & Tw@t payed him off, we arnt to blame so get off your Image

You put me on ignore if you like.

If you have read any of my posts i said it was a lovely gesture the donations.

I dont feel someone who walks out of one job and into another should be compensated at all.
If we paid him any compo that should only have been if he wasnt working after leaving LFC.
You get yourself all worked up though  :D

By the way you did say that he had engineered himself getting the sack because his family where homesick.
That's not me acting like a n!b. Just pointing out that you post things that you believe to be true but post them in a manner as if they actually are.
You never say, i think this is whats happened....

It's always as if you know, when in actual fact it appears you know as much as the rest of us.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:45 am

If you were told to leave a job midway through a contract ben would you not want some compensation ! Or would you just walk away with nothing ?
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion