pep guardiola to leave barca

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am

an announcement is expected today from the camp nou to confirm guardiola is to leave at the end of the season.
roman abramovich is apparently desperate to tempt him to london with an open cheque book and mega wages but would that move be good for him? and would he be able to recreate the success he had at barca?.
guardiola was a fantastic player who played for a magnificent barca side in his day and after a few years retired he returned to lead one of the best footballing sides in the modern game but is barca's current success down to him or is it down to the players he has?.
the team is full of world class internationals including the core of the spanish national side who have won all around them in the last few years and the current best footballer in the world that is leo messi so with players like that in your team it leads to question whether or not he could make it else where.
to his credit though he isnt thick,would have great knowledge of the game,respect from his players and seems to be a good man manager.
does he have what it takes to succeed at chelsea though and how long would it be before roman gets fed up with him if he doesnt bring instant success?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 am wrote:an announcement is expected today from the camp nou to confirm guardiola is to leave at the end of the season.
roman abramovich is apparently desperate to tempt him to london with an open cheque book and mega wages but would that move be good for him? and would he be able to recreate the success he had at barca?.
guardiola was a fantastic player who played for a magnificent barca side in his day and after a few years retired he returned to lead one of the best footballing sides in the modern game but is barca's current success down to him or is it down to the players he has?.
the team is full of world class internationals including the core of the spanish national side who have won all around them in the last few years and the current best footballer in the world that is leo messi so with players like that in your team it leads to question whether or not he could make it else where.
to his credit though he isnt thick,would have great knowledge of the game,respect from his players and seems to be a good man manager.
does he have what it takes to succeed at chelsea though and how long would it be before roman gets fed up with him if he doesnt bring instant success?

I think he is a very good manager.  Bit similar to Kennys situation in the 80's really, he took over a great team and added his own touch to the team. 

If we're thinking of sacking Kenny or Kenny wants to walk, Id gladly have him here.  Much more class about him than Jose
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:49 am

in all honesty i dont think we stand a chance of landing him.
anyway has he not signed some deal that will see him heading to qatar to head up something in preparation for the world cup in 2022?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

great manager, barca lost a great man
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

half the players look close to tears in the press conference there
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Rafa has said he would like the job.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Tito Vilanova to coach Barca next season.

Fair play to them. Rijkaard, Guardiola, then Tito Vilanova... all appointments from "within"  and/or  have very strong links with the clublike the old liverpool way.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 pm

lakes10 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:11 pm wrote:Rafa has said he would like the job.

not a cat in hells chance. he's a madrid man. the fans wouldn't accept him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm

stmichael » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:25 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:11 pm wrote:Rafa has said he would like the job.

not a cat in hells chance. he's a madrid man. the fans wouldn't accept him.

I think its strange he has been linked to the job, but he would have full control of getting players and can spend all the money he likes.
I have seen other managers turn their back on fans.....Harry from west ham to spurs?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:38 pm

I would take Pepe Guardiola IF Kenny ever steps down, one of the classiest managers around really, and his football philosophy is excellent.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm

don't want to diminish guardiola's achievements in the slightest, but anyone that can pick a team with messi, xavi, iniesta, villa, alves, busquets, puyol, etc etc isn't going to have too much trouble. i'd love to see what he could do with a 'lesser' team.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:19 pm

andy_g » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm wrote:don't want to diminish guardiola's achievements in the slightest, but anyone that can pick a team with messi, xavi, iniesta, villa, alves, busquets, puyol, etc etc isn't going to have too much trouble. i'd love to see what he could do with a 'lesser' team.

we can say the same about Paisley no? 13 trophies in 4 seasons is huge, considering that Frank Riikjard had basically the same team but didn't achieve as much
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 pm

andy_g » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm wrote:don't want to diminish guardiola's achievements in the slightest, but anyone that can pick a team with messi, xavi, iniesta, villa, alves, busquets, puyol, etc etc isn't going to have too much trouble. i'd love to see what he could do with a 'lesser' team.

I kinda agree but sometimes there is a bit more to management than that.  I think one of Rafa's biggest achievements at Liverpool was finding the right positions for Gerrard and Carra.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Why is he even leaving?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:32 pm

he has cited that that is as far as he can go with them and feels he has nothing left to give.being manager for 4 years has left him drained and he needs time away to replenish himself and feels that tito vilanova can give more to the club than he is able to at this time.
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/04/ ... barcelona/.

i understand managing one of the biggest clubs in the world has pressure but he has won 13 honours since 2008 and that would make you think that he coped well under it.
i hope he finds his inner peace or whatever it is he's looking for.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion