A win for football - Barça!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 pm

First off, Congratulations to Barcelona for knocking Chelsea out of the Champions League in convincing fashion IMO. For me this is not only a win for Barça, but a win for Football in general.

Chelsea, a team who has spent in excess of 250 million pounds over the course of 3 seasons, if I'm not mistaken, was made to look a clear second best by a fantastic football team. Players like Deco, Eto'o, Ronaldinho (and Messi in the first leg) made Chelsea's rent boys look foolish at times.

For all that money, Chelsea can't even play football half as attractive as Barça, and the fact that Chelsea had to go to the Nou Camp and attack, yet they rarely threatened Victor Valdes, but for a few moments (mainly from set pieces).

Over two legs, Barça showed that they are definitely the better football team with better players that Chelsea, with all their money, will never be able to have – Ronaldinho, Messi and Eto’o. 

Barcelona play football the way it’s meant to be played, it is truly the beautiful game when they are in full swing.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:12 pm

Outclassed.

Mourniho couldn't even admit they were beaten by a better team.

It's rare that a side make Chelsea look ordinary but it happened today.

Barcelona will be hard to beat. Hopefully we wont meet them until the final :)
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:16 pm

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:19 pm

Plan B bring on Huth as a centre forward genius  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:23 pm

Ciggy wrote:Plan B bring on Huth as a centre forward genius  :laugh:

Mourinho isn't too different to Moyes in that way, bring on Big Dunc and hoof it forward. Oh, and Mourinho is a bitter b@stard as well.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:27 pm

Watched the match, Chelsea were awful.

The never gave it a go, they just sat back for the entire game.

Frank Lampard was shown up for what he is: a limited midfielder when it comes to the absolute highest level. ITV's commentary about him made me sick: they were obviously watching a different game to me as Lampard hardly made an impact at all.

Barcelona are a great side to watch, but they are certainly not the greatest side around and I think a streetwise team might mug them. Take Ronaldinho, Puyol and Messi out of it and they are no great shakes, Eto'o, although a good player, is overrated and has the best player since Maradona putting chances on a plate for him.

I couldn't believe me eyes when Mourinho brought on Huth up front. He's as poor a player as Troare and when you are by far the wealthiest club in the world and you are relying on a rubbish centre half to get you goals, you will be disappointed.

Of course, Mourinho was as gracious in defeat as he always is. :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:27 pm

LOL so fuc.kin happy Checlski are out :D

Gutted for Rangers though,done what Man Utd couldn't,totally outclassed Villareal and scored...very unucky
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:32 pm

JBG wrote:I couldn't believe me eyes when Mourinho brought on Huth up front. He's as poor a player as Troare and when you are by far the wealthiest club in the world and you are relying on a rubbish centre half to get you goals, you will be disappointed.

And he had SWP on the bench who possibly could change a game if he got the chance (England game), he brought Huth on in the semi final at Anfield aswell as a CF, FFS and to think all that money they have spent.
Classless horrible b@stard the sooner he fecks off the better and he can take, Robben, Cavalhro SP? and that horrible b@stard Drogba with him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:35 pm

Say what you want about the Mancs but they would have given it a go, as would have we.

Mourinho tried to play it smart and it completely backfired. His defence sat too deep, Gallas hardly got forward at all despite the main danger on Barca's left - Messi - going off early and they could never get Lampard into the opposition box.

At this level Drogba is not up to it, nor is Duff or Robben.

Remind me why they are so far ahead in the Premiership?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Feeney » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:36 pm

LFC #1 wrote:First off, Congratulations to Barcelona for knocking Chelsea out of the Champions League in convincing fashion IMO. For me this is not only a win for Barça, but a win for Football in general.

Chelsea, a team who has spent in excess of 250 million pounds over the course of 3 seasons, if I'm not mistaken, was made to look a clear second best by a fantastic football team. Players like Deco, Eto'o, Ronaldinho (and Messi in the first leg) made Chelsea's rent boys look foolish at times.

For all that money, Chelsea can't even play football half as attractive as Barça, and the fact that Chelsea had to go to the Nou Camp and attack, yet they rarely threatened Victor Valdes, but for a few moments (mainly from set pieces).

Over two legs, Barça showed that they are definitely the better football team with better players that Chelsea, with all their money, will never be able to have – Ronaldinho, Messi and Eto’o. 

Barcelona play football the way it’s meant to be played, it is truly the beautiful game when they are in full swing.

Well said.

However.....

I don't think Barca will win the CL this season. For me, it's the winner between Milan & Munich that will go onto win it and if I had to pick one, i'd go for Milan (who, for the record are looking excellent of late).

Don't get me wrong, Barca are simply sublime to watch. They are a team that could convert even the most ardent football hater as they really do play the beautiful game - Ronaldhino tonight, I thought, was simply amazing and completely ripped the pi$$ out of arguably the best team in the English Division.

Barca, can come unstuck tho with their defending and I think they would suffer against a much more disciplined side such as Milan or Munich. The midfield would also be key is these games. Lampard was missing for much of the match as he didn't take the game to Barca and they suffered for it.

While i'm writing this, JBG has just made a similar sort of comment - a streetwise team could take them.

:)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:39 pm

JBG wrote:Remind me why they are so far ahead in the Premiership?

Because they are a bunch of cheating fouling b@stards, and refs and other teams let them get away with it.
They could'nt get away with all that sh.ite tonight with a european ref, so their cheating and diving didnt come off.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 pm

Im glad.

Barcelona were the best team all round.

Just hope we beat Benfica tomorrow :D
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 pm

JBG wrote:Watched the match, Chelsea were awful.

The never gave it a go, they just sat back for the entire game.

Frank Lampard was shown up for what he is: a limited midfielder when it comes to the absolute highest level. ITV's commentary about him made me sick: they were obviously watching a different game to me as Lampard hardly made an impact at all.

Barcelona are a great side to watch, but they are certainly not the greatest side around and I think a streetwise team might mug them. Take Ronaldinho, Puyol and Messi out of it and they are no great shakes, Eto'o, although a good player, is overrated and has the best player since Maradona putting chances on a plate for him.

I couldn't believe me eyes when Mourinho brought on Huth up front. He's as poor a player as Troare and when you are by far the wealthiest club in the world and you are relying on a rubbish centre half to get you goals, you will be disappointed.

Agree about Lampard, he was anonymous the entire match. Perhaps he was still feeling his injury a bit, but still he had no impact at all. He wouldn't get a game at Barca. 

Disagree on Eto'o though. Yes he has good players supplying him, but he has pace, power, strength on the ball, a great first touch and good link up play. His finishing is also excellent and he has a rifle of a shot on him. He is one of the main reasons that the triangle of Messi, Ronaldinho and himself works so well, because he links up so well with them. If you replaced Eto'o with Cisse for example you'd see a big difference in Barca IMO, as Cisse lacks the first technical ability to link up effectively with players the quality of Messi and Ronaldinho.

For me he is one of the top 5 strikers in world football at the moment.

Also, Barca are more than Ronaldinho, Puyol and Messi IMO. I've already mentioned Eto'o, but there is also Deco, Motta and Xavi (who's done a bad injury and will be out for some time) in midfield and Marquez who IMO is an excellent player. Messi said that this week that Deco is so important to Barca, as he dictates the tempo of the game and his work aret is excellent. Watching Deco, you see he rarely gives possession away, and he gets fouled an awful lot by opposition players. He also has that bit of creativity and skill needed on the ball which makes him a top class, if not world class player.

Barca really missed Marquez last season at the tie in Stamford Bridge, and Motta does a great job shielding the defence (he won countless ball in midfield tonight) and he also provides a decent attacking option.

They are a great side IMO, and there is a reason some are saying they can be better than the Johann Cruyff led side of the early 90's.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 pm

Ciggy wrote:
JBG wrote:Remind me why they are so far ahead in the Premiership?

Because they are a bunch of cheating fouling b@stards, and refs and other teams let them get away with it.
They could'nt get away with all that sh.ite tonight with a european ref, so their cheating and diving didnt come off.

In fact, you've just reminded me - Drogba, the cheating snivelling little c*nt, see him writhe on the floor like he'd been stabbed the sh!thouse - I f*cking hate that sh!t, he tried it at the weekend as well the little sh!tbag.

Does me head in that, if you done that on a playing field on a Sunday you'd get tw@ted, not just by the other team but by your own team as well!

The pr!ck!

:angry:  :angry:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 pm

I disagree with that.

I think Barcelona are over hyped and Cruff's team was better all round.

Xavi is a big loss for them, with him back in the side they would be closer to the real deal.

I'm not denying that Eto'o is a really good player as he is, but he aint one of the best four or five players in the world, as many are hyping him.

For me Ronaldinho is the greatest player since Maradona, and for the limited amount of what I have seen of Messi, he looks a really special player.

Those two guys are really special.

Alongside them there is Puyol, who is consistently one of the best defenders in Europe and the guy who gives Barca drive and heart at the back.

Eto'o is also a very good player, as is Xavi.

Marquez aint bad, nor is Edmilson, but I wouldn't put them in the top bracket.

Deco is overrated. He had one great season for Porto but he isn't as good as many make out.

Lets remember that La Liga is not as competitive now as it was a couple of years ago. Madrid have awful problems and Valencia are almost unrecognisable from Rafa's side of two years ago. Even Depor, who were one of the best sides in Europe only two years ago, have fallen off.

Barca are currently a very good side but I think they are over rated. They have average players at full back and a weakish centre midfield. Gerrard would eat Motta for breakfast.

If we don't win the European Cup I'd like to see them win it as they are a beautiful team to watch. I think we could strangle the life out of them, though, if we got them.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion