Owen frustrated with role at real

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:53 am

England striker Michael Owen has hinted that he may opt to leave Real Madrid to safeguard his international prospects.
Owen has failed to command a regular place in the Real team and is concerned that his increasing amount of time on the bench may affect his England place.

"Sometimes I feel I am happy then the next week I might be on the bench and I am a bit low in myself again," he told The News of The World.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:56 am

There are rumours he wants to come back but wants Stevie to stay at Liverpool aswell, whether this happens or not we shall see.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:57 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:There are rumours he wants to come back but wants Stevie to stay at Liverpool aswell, whether this happens or not we shall see.

Yeah and there are also rumours that Elvis is thinking about buying our club.  ???
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:08 pm

Owen, Morientes, Alonso and Gerrard.

The potential would be there.

I'd love to see it happen, but can anyone see it?

I don't think Rafa rates Owen to be honest. If it was me i'd pull out all the stops to get him back, he's been crying out for a player of Morientes style and class since he came through the youth system. He's also still at a good age.
115-1073096938

Postby liamac » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:15 pm

If its true  then i think Raffa would sell Baros to Barca or an italian club  to take Owen back . Whether or not SG would or will stay remains to be seen .
Top priority now is a centre back and wingers .
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:35 pm

Owen had his problems, particularly with complacency (he's admitted as such), in his lkast 2 years at Anfield, but I'd welcome him back. Owen alongside Morientes, with Cisse and Baros as backup would be a mouth watering prospect.

However, I'm not convinced it'll ever happen. Owen might leave Madrid, but I think he'll remain on the continent, and it wouldn't surprise me if he tried his luck in Italy.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sean » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:38 pm

Can't see it happening unfortunately.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:58 pm

Does anybody know for sure whether we have a first option to buy Owen back from Madrid (i.e. included in the deal that took him to Spain) and if so, on what terms?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:53 pm

I don't think RM will let him go cheap and I don't think we need him . Remember we have Nando, Cisse , Baros and Polgoolle . They are good players .I think the best way is to buy a good, strong and hard defender Like sol campbell and terry and also someone in midfield to replace hamman and biscan .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Sean » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:56 pm

If Reyes is determined to return to Spain and Madrid want him I reckon Arsenal would be delighted to get Owen in exchange.  I also feel Owen would fancy the move and play alongside Henry.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:05 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I don't think RM will let him go cheap and I don't think we need him . Remember we have Nando, Cisse , Baros and Polgoolle . They are good players .I think the best way is to buy a good, strong and hard defender Like sol campbell and terry and also someone in midfield to replace hamman and biscan .

Please get our players names correct its Pongolle.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:09 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Does anybody know for sure whether we have a first option to buy Owen back from Madrid (i.e. included in the deal that took him to Spain) and if so, on what terms?

As I understand it we do , we must pay the same as what they did for him plus the cost of the  of any players that were in the deal at the time, we do have first dabs on him but if he says he does not wont to come back then we dont.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:25 pm

Aiyah , nevermind as long we know who is he ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Anyway, in short we don't need any strike , we need defenders and midfield .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ade » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:03 pm

lakes10 wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Does anybody know for sure whether we have a first option to buy Owen back from Madrid (i.e. included in the deal that took him to Spain) and if so, on what terms?

As I understand it we do , we must pay the same as what they did for him plus the cost of the  of any players that were in the deal at the time, we do have first dabs on him but if he says he does not wont to come back then we dont.

That's the way I recall it Lakes.

get him back and alonside Morientes. Mori's good enough to adapt to split striker role, Baros to me deserves a lot of credit for his attitude and 9 goals this season, but I don't think Rafa sees him as a long-term bet. He will happily go abroad and we could get the best part of 8m for him.

When we sold Owen I posted here that he would be back at the end of the season. I think he may well be, especially with the World Cup coming up next summer - he knows it's England's best chance to win a major tournament and he needs to be on top form the season going into it. Why would he go to Italy for that season - it's a graveyard for a lot of top strikers. He needs to be playing English football - I also think underneath that calm exterior he likes to be loved. You can see it in his comments about how important it is to him that the players and fans at Madrid like him, but the manager doesn't. He's also got JC and SG here.

Reports in the paper today that Madrid are close to signing Robinho. Owen knows he is on his way out.

That said, if Cisse's recovery is on track I'd still rather see us spend our main money on SWP and a CB.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion