Real valladolid ? - Owen in reserve

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:31 pm

It seems Michael Owen is now firmly established under Reals new coach ,sadly its in the second string  team and not the first .

Instead of being an integral part of our rise under Rafa’s revolution  he finds himself thrown into Real Madrid’s reserve team .
Ask  Morientes how difficult  it is to break  the  affiliation of Ronaldo and Raul I am quite sure Owen will find it practically  impossible ,another aspect that Owen will find detrimental is Brazilian Coaches don’t rate English players .
I consider Michaels Spanish adventure may be nearing its conclusion  , unless he can cut it on the bench like Stevie Mc and I seriously doubt that .
I cant help thinking Owen will be plying his trade in Italy in the not to distant future .
Last night was sad viewing but Michael made his own bed all he can do is cast envious glances  towards the Rafalution taking place at Anfield, knowing he could have been an fundamental element in our rebirth (Take heed Le Tallec  ) .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:41 pm

He has seen off Morientes but I doubt he will survive in the longer term. They now have a Brazilian coach who will no doubt recruit the best Brazilian players. I think if Morientes had stayed he could well have moved into third choice as not many Brazilians rate English footballers, however Fernanado had had his fill of being a bit part player. When Luxembergo brings in a young star forward from Brazil in the summer Owen will be history at Madrid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:51 pm

That being Robinho
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:35 pm

I said it all along, Owen will regret the day he left us........yes he may have done it for professional  reasons as some have said .
But as i said before Raul is king in Madrid and Ronaldo is  ****** 2 in the pecking order. Owen must have realised that when he went .
It is sad , i have to say , to see a great player like Owen warming the bench with his @rse but he made his choice and now he has to live with that decision .

I agree that he will probably be moved on in the summer or will be no.4  when Robinho arrives .Its a shame for him and for us that he isnt part of waht is going on here and the exiteing times that lay ahead.
For Owen , what lays  ahead is plenty of sitting down , frustration , the  real possibiltiy of loosing his automatic  place in the England squad  and possible regret  in leaving a club that he would of been automatic first choice  to play .
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:36 pm

I can see Michael Owen playing alongside Fowler next year at Manchester City...........
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:39 pm

A.B you normally go to Man City if there is no one else interested in you! That wont be Michael Owen!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:48 pm

Yep Owen at city and god coming home !! :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:55 am

Owen is not the one in trouble at the club. When Ronaldo and Raul begin tiring he will get is chance, and he will show the new boss how good he is and that will be the end of that. It is rumored in Madrid that Woodgate is already on a transfer list and the successor to Darren Anderton's "Sick note" will be coming home to which ever football club has the closest hospital. The new coach has also said that Beckham is a waste of space and is far more likely that we will see old golden balls shipped back home before we see owen come back. They just don't make them like Steve McManaman anymore.:)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:20 am

Owen might go to italy in the summer. Lets face it, he is a world class finisher/goalscorer. The italians know it too. Although the KGB (aka..chelsea), might want him too.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:45 am

Ronaldo is still imo one of the top if not the best players in the world.

Raul is bigger with Madrid fans than Fowler could dream of being with us. So he has no chance of breaking into that side.

He is however in the top 5 in the world. Above Raul, wherever Owen goes, he will be a success. Imagine him and Morientes upfront for Liverpool...

Now that would be a strike force!!!
115-1073096938

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:35 am

Ronaldo is the 3rd best striker in the world imo (ronaldinho i dont count as a striker since he is really a playmaker rather than a goalscorer - he is rightful world no.1 tho) so Owen would naturally be behind him, i cant see him getting the chance even when ronaldo n raul tire because real just dont work with rotation they play their megastars every game they arent injured (and sometime when they are) so yeah, pretty much unless he moves to another spanish club (i hear valencia n barcelona r both interested) then he'll wind up back in italy.  I doubt he'll return to england anytime soon because he wont be able to show his face in Liverpool without being beaten to a bloody pulp for being a lying, treacherous, manipulating little ******
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby liamac » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:49 am

Top post Starbridge ,  Owen simply wont break the Raul /Ronaldo  mould . To add to his woo,s  the new Madrid manager will bring in brazilian players and players he wants  , will want to  shape the team  the way he wants  .......and has gone on record as saying that english players arent worth  tuppence.........
Some of you say Owens time will come at Madrid, no it wont !!  He was brought in  by a manager who was sacked early on in the season ,was used sparingly by the next , and keeps the bench warm by this this one.
He will be off  in the summer.
Sorry to sound off , but it never fails to amaze me how alot of people go on about Owen being a good servant to the club and waht a world class player etc..........Brutus was a really good mate to Ceasar , didnt stop him stabbing the poor bugger in the back tho did it ?
Owen left  at the end of the transfer window leaving Raffa  no chance of buying a replacement until now .
He promised 7 TIMES  .........7 !!!  that he was close to signing a deal  ,so Parry didnt think he needed to put him on the market and at the very last minute , and i mean the very last minute he was off ...... selfless service ??  my @rse .
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:28 pm

liamac wrote:Sorry to sound off , but it never fails to amaze me how alot of people go on about Owen being a good servant to the club and waht a world class player etc..........Brutus was a really good mate to Ceasar , didnt stop him stabbing the poor bugger in the back tho did it ?
Owen left  at the end of the transfer window leaving Raffa  no chance of buying a replacement until now .
He promised 7 TIMES  .........7 !!!  that he was close to signing a deal  ,so Parry didnt think he needed to put him on the market and at the very last minute , and i mean the very last minute he was off ...... selfless service ??  my @rse .

i like somebody who just tells it how it is

owen must be made up now mustnt he
109-1105722616

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:45 pm

marklfc wrote:
liamac wrote:Sorry to sound off , but it never fails to amaze me how alot of people go on about Owen being a good servant to the club and waht a world class player etc..........Brutus was a really good mate to Ceasar , didnt stop him stabbing the poor bugger in the back tho did it ?

i like somebody who just tells it how it is

owen must be made up now mustnt he

its hard for the clubs management when someone they work with day in and day out and are obviously friends with say i`m gonna sign an extension.
you tend to take people as their word.
everton have been caught out lately but between mcmanaman and owen i reckon we are down a good few quid.
if we could have read the warning signs i reckon you would have got 10m for macca (at the time ) and 25+ for owen.
thats roughly 35m where we came away with 8.
but it`s not only us, spurs lost sol campbell for ****** all and he was worth a few quid on the market.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion