Owen frustrated with role at real

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:25 pm

Owen scored again for Madrid today, coming off the bench and scoring within 3 minutes.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:28 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Owen scored again for Madrid today, coming off the bench and scoring within 3 minutes.

saw it jbg.

the guy has to start for madrid now surely? i think i heard the commentator say he's scored 12 goals in 24 games, despite the fact he's come off the bench the majority of the time.

i know raul is a god in madrid but the fact is he's been garbage for the best part of 18 months now. surely he has to get dropped at some point?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ronmeister » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:29 pm

I dont think it will happen ,although we have the first option on him i cant see RB giving him a second chance and i cant see Owen wanting to come back it means he would have to eat humble pie and he will never do that its the ****** or chelski for him i think.
ronmeister

Postby ronmeister » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:29 pm

bahh thats meant to say the  A r s e  or  chelski
ronmeister

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:34 pm

stmichael wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Owen scored again for Madrid today, coming off the bench and scoring within 3 minutes.

saw it jbg.

the guy has to start for madrid now surely? i think i heard the commentator say he's scored 12 goals in 24 games, despite the fact he's come off the bench the majority of the time.

i know raul is a god in madrid but the fact is he's been garbage for the best part of 18 months now. surely he has to get dropped at some point?

Yes, if Madrid were a normal football club.

However, they are not and Owen can continue scoring from the bench but will still not be picked so long as Raul and Ronaldo are fit.

He has stated that he has proved himself in the Madrid as he has scored regularly in very little playing time, and says he has nothing to prove. That sounds like exit talk to me.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:45 pm

Raul and Ronaldo will never get dropped, as long as they have two healthy feet they will play ahead of Michael Owen.

Owen could score 30 goals this season from the bench but still wouldn't start.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:47 pm

do you think he would want to come back to us ?? it think he will be off to Barcelona or some place like that .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 pm

Owen won't come back to us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:54 pm

Anyone remember the clamour for Rushie when he came back from Juve? Never the same player unfortunately, and tho I (almost) detest the guy for stringin us along all last season, I'd hate to have his memory tarnished by the same results as the goalscorer supreme had on his return. I dont think he'll come back anyway, not sure Rafa would take the chance on a player that obviously wanted to jump ship not that long ago....
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:55 pm

I think Owen would only return to the Premiership at the peak of his career (i.e. in the next 2 or 3 years) if it were to us or any of the top 3. There's talk of Newcastle breaking the bank for him next summer as a heavy hitting replacement for Alan Shearer, and there was even hilarious talk of Everton being interested. I think if Arsenal or Chelsea came in for him he'd go there in a flash, but I doubt he'd come back to us unless he was limited in his options.

Listening to his interviews lately he seems to be spinning a tale of him being a success at Madrid and its not his fault he's not picked, and I think this may be an exit strategy for him to come back to the Premiership with pride intact.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:58 pm

I don't see Chelsea buying Michael Owen. It will be somebody with a huge price tag like Adriano or Schevchenko.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:02 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:Anyone remember the clamour for Rushie when he came back from Juve? Never the same player unfortunately, and tho I (almost) detest the guy for stringin us along all last season, I'd hate to have his memory tarnished by the same results as the goalscorer supreme had on his return. I dont think he'll come back anyway, not sure Rafa would take the chance on a player that obviously wanted to jump ship not that long ago....

Yes.

Rushie was absolutely lethal before he left for Italy. I think in his final season he got over 30 goals, but Juventus were a building site at the time and were going through a transitional period after Platini retired and they were chopping and changing players, formations and managers for many years until finally Lippi sorted them out. Rush only managed 7 league goals for the Old Lady in 1987/88 as his former club decimated the domestic opposition in the league back home. Rushie was unhappy: he complained that the Italian training routines left his body a wreck (he blamed an over emphasis on pre-season muscle stretching for ruining his fitness) and more over, simply couldn't settle in the north of Italy (he famously said of Italy "Its like living in another country").

He returned with much fanfare in the summer of 1988, a transfer which left the domestic opposition groaning, but Rushie rarely reached the heights he had regularly attained prior to the summer of 1987.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Chrissy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:11 pm

Chelski wont buy owen he is overpriced and off the boil. I think scumbag rooney will turn out just the same, scores loads, gets overrated, peaks to early and gets shipped off abroad to some multi-million rich club with more money than sense
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:14 pm

Off the boil? Owen has the highest goals to minutes played ratio in La Liga!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby el_stinger » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:05 am

Owen is never coming back, and to be honest, we don't need him. He was like Gerrard in that he was a gamewinner when he wanted to be, and people forget that. He is a good striker, and he has pace, but we need a consistancy at the moment that doesn't involve Owen. Get over It.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion