Euro qualifiers - england post mortem here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 am

They didnt deserve to qualify out of that group, like a few others my interest in England isnt what it was.

We were dire throughout the group, and Israel even gave us a f.ucking lifeline. And we didnt f.ucking take it.

I cant be bothered to go on about this, at least Rafa wont have to rotate to many English players next year at the very begining of the season.

I'm not gonna blame Carson for Englands lost, but I've honestly never rated him as a keeper, why McClaren picked him only the devil knows.

McClaren is a f.ucking ponce, who spent x-amount of millions at Boro, did f.uck all there and was second to Fergie at United. He was in way over his head he is an inept manager.

Another thing he f.ucking winds me up with the smug f.ucking grin, I'd love to punch seven shades of ginger out of the to$s pot.

Ciggy has he definately been sacked ?

Give Mouriniho the job.
66-1112520797

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:41 am

Like you said Bamaga man we didnt deserve it . But Maureen  :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:41 am

I cant actually believe what i was watching last night. It was so bad and possibly the worst performance from an England side that i can remember.
He (Mclaren) talked himself and the team up before the game, saying they couldnt and wouldnt lose and then proceeded to select a side like that.
Gamble after gamble like he has from the start.
He has stuck by Robinson after him performing poorly for months not allowing Carson any time to get a bit of experience and familiarity with the other players. To then select him in that game was a massive gamble and especially on that pitch.
Our midfield despite having 5 was over run, work that out.
Crouch was again superb and took his goal really well, after a great cross from Beckham.
Like Ivor said it wouldnt be right to make Carson a scapegoat, yes he was woeful but he was in out of his depth imo, and it could and should of been more convincing.
It was never a penalty either. We then somehow get back into it and still manage to throw it away, we just appear unable to keep the ball which for top players is an absolute joke.

The plus point is hopefuly know we will get a manager in who can take the team forwards. The first 11 (when fit) is up there with the best sides and with someone who can get the best out of them they could be a decent side.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:54 am

Ace Ventura wrote:I cant actually believe what i was watching last night. It was so bad and possibly the worst performance from an England side that i can remember.
He (Mclaren) talked himself and the team up before the game, saying they couldnt and wouldnt lose and then proceeded to select a side like that.
Gamble after gamble like he has from the start.
He has stuck by Robinson after him performing poorly for months not allowing Carson any time to get a bit of experience and familiarity with the other players. To then select him in that game was a massive gamble and especially on that pitch.
Our midfield despite having 5 was over run, work that out.
Crouch was again superb and took his goal really well, after a great cross from Beckham.
Like Ivor said it wouldnt be right to make Carson a scapegoat, yes he was woeful but he was in out of his depth imo, and it could and should of been more convincing.
It was never a penalty either. We then somehow get back into it and still manage to throw it away, we just appear unable to keep the ball which for top players is an absolute joke.

The plus point is hopefuly know we will get a manager in who can take the team forwards. The first 11 (when fit) is up there with the best sides and with someone who can get the best out of them they could be a decent side.

Understand with what your saying Ace but you cannot just rely on eleven players at international level you need top players to step in when things are not working out.

Options last night to win us the game Defoe and Bent. Diabolical
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:03 am

McClaren has just been sacked on telly now
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:04 am

NANNY RED wrote:Options last night to win us the game Defoe and Bent. Diabolical

Its desperation too, unbelievable!

I'm dissapointed england lost (i'm an english supporter) but they didn't deserve to qualify, its time to reshape the squad.

so I'm rooting for Spain and Germany this summer, or maybe spain only because of Torres, Alonso, Reina and co.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:04 am

NANNY RED wrote:McClaren has just been sacked on telly now

good riddance
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:04 am

adios mclaren....bring in mourhino.....
Raj_Xedos

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 am

NANNY RED wrote:Like you said Bamaga man we didnt deserve it . But Maureen  :no

He is a  :censored: of a bloke, but a good manager. Good enough for England but not Liverpool.
66-1112520797

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 am

Raj_Xedos wrote:adios mclaren....bring in mourhino.....

No cause the :censored: would finally get his hands on Gerrard. Couple of months down the line imagine, Gerrards back to playing like we know he can, and you would have Maureen gloating how he made Gerrard a better player . Nah i dont think i could stomach that
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:18 am

(Quote)    Good enough for England but not Liverpool.

:laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:32 am

NANNY RED wrote:(Quote)    Good enough for England but not Liverpool.

:laugh:

:D

Nanny I hope you didnt take that as one of my dismal chat up lines, as you find it quite funny. I dont want you getting mixed messges here, I know oldtimers is a mare girl.  :D

BTW are you married ?  :D
66-1112520797

Postby PhiLFC » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:40 am

Great game I really enjoyed it:

- fantastic atmosphere the fans from both sides were well up for it

- cuppla super goals, Crouch really is a very good player

- a few mistakes and one absolute howler

- a penalty that never was taken by the worse player on the pitch.

it had everything.

I'm supporting the Republic of Ireland now (due to being 3rd generation Irish) and never again will follow that shower of shit that played last night.

Flippa me kippa, bejeesus, 'mon the hoops - well something like that  :sniffle
PhiLFC

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:02 am

McClaren and Venables have been sacked.

Official.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:04 am

Im disappointed England didn't qualify as now there's no team that I really know that well in tournament, I'll probably cheer on the Netherlands as usually play good football.

I've been called anti-english in the past for saying that English players are nowhere near as good as the hype makes them out to be, "golden generation" my :censored:!

I think the media have failed to grasp that Eastern European football is more technically gifted than British football, the croatian skills were much better than the long ball and chase british game.

The world loves English league as it is fast and furious - unfortunately at the highest level of international football that isn't enough.

It has nothing to do with foreigners, England failed to qualify for a world cup in 1970s, missed out on 1984,1994 too.

I'd go for Mourinho as manager as he is a proven winner. There are NO good English managers, I said that after Sven left but many wanted an English manager - this is the price.
Guss Hiddink too, or Lippi (not sure  if he speaks english though) or that German guy - can't remember his name, was talked of as being Manure target when Ferguson going to retire a few years ago.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion