Champions league 07/08 - All non liverpool talk in here...

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:54 pm

How good is that Messi though.

I really didnt wanna play the mancs i dont know if ill be able to take it if they beat us . :censored: it this is our cup it belongs to us let them come to our final and try and have a go,

Yes we will be in the final and ill be bouncin in Moscow
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:56 pm

I have to say since the great Zidane retired i have not seen somebody who can control a footbal like Messi the man is just sublime
he can take 4 and 5 men in close situations without even breaking sweat it's just unbelievable, Ronaldo couldn't scratch Messi's ar$e there is just no contest.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 pm

mistyred wrote:I have to say since the great Zidane retired i have not seen somebody who can control a footbal like Messi the man is just sublime
he can take 4 and 5 men in close situations without even breaking sweat it's just unbelievable, Ronaldo couldn't scratch Messi's ar$e there is just no contest.

But he never did. Messi has been, is, and will be better technically.

Still, Barry Belfast is spot on. Barcelona deserved this, and you have just watched how an insultatingly good set of players (look their forward 4 options FFS) can lose a competition. They have lost countless of points in La Liga against simply well structured and organised teams.

I just hope they don't get a Rafa next year, because that squad is just waiting the correct man to dominate the Champions League several years. Who's the proper man though?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Looks flashy but doesnt win you games, another great tango tragedy.

Bring on the Mancs, shower of poofs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Who will wear RED in the final though ???? ???? ???? ???? ??????   How is it decided or has it already been decided who is the home team??
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Well, I want revenge for '96. Let's have ye, ye diving, prawn sambo eating jammy b@stards!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liado » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:18 pm

NANNY RED wrote:How good is that Messi though.

I really didnt wanna play the mancs i dont know if ill be able to take it if they beat us . :censored: it this is our cup it belongs to us let them come to our final and try and have a go,

Simply the best player on earth on his twenties.
Seriously, Sometimes in Spain he is compared to Maradona, I am starting to believe on it.He is absolutely amazing! Is understable someone does not like his type of football but  according to my taste is amazing, I do not care if barsa does not pass through tonight or what team one supports ,Messi is a god´s present for those who love football.
liado

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:22 pm

liado wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:How good is that Messi though.

Simply the best player on earth on his twenties.
Seriously, Sometimes in Spain he is compared to Maradona, I am starting to believe on it.He is absolutely amazing! Is understable someone does not like his type of football but  according to my taste is amazing, I do not care if barsa does not pass through tonight or what team one supports ,Messi is a god´s present for those who love football.

He wouldnt half look good in a Liverpool shirt now then i would be in heaven :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liado » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:32 pm

Sabre wrote:
mistyred wrote:I have to say since the great Zidane retired i have not seen somebody who can control a footbal like Messi the man is just sublime

But he never did. Messi has been, is, and will be better technically.

Still, Barry Belfast is spot on. Barcelona deserved this, and you have just watched how an insultatingly good set of players (look their forward 4 options FFS) can lose a competition. They have lost countless of points in La Liga against simply well structured and organised teams.

I just hope they don't get a Rafa next year, because that squad is just waiting the correct man to dominate the Champions League several years. Who's the proper man though?

Almost anyone.
liado

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:32 pm

I fucking hate the Manc's with a passion.

Barca, for all their possession and fluent passing just couldn't create clear-cut opportunities. It was pretty much the same in the first-leg.

The Manc's can vary it much more and they did, they can play fancy football, they can sit and defend a lead, they can be physical. Barca can't defend a lead and they aren't physical.

Abidal and Zambrotta are key to Barca in games like this since it's so difficult to break teams down (especially the manc's)  through the middle - it takes extreme precision and skill and that's why it rarely comes off. Their full-backs, esp Abidal aren't good enough on the ball, they're not as nimble-footed as Iniesta, Xavi, Deco, and Messi. Abidal was a key weakness IMO, his passing and crossing wasn't good enough.

The Manc's edged it for me, they were more powerful, physical, showed greater variety, solid defending and a more tangible goal threat.

Note: Eto'o was sh!te, just utter sh!te.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Yer, Eto'o was shocking again.  I'm glad we never signed Gabby Milito either.  A disappointing outcome but it doesn't bear much thinking about until we're through ourselves.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:49 pm

Quite simply, 2 awful games do not speak well of Etoo, but he's much better than that, not his best season anyway. Henry should have played more this two legs.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:31 pm

Etoo is a fantastic player injury has taken it's toll on him this season and it showed.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:23 am

Reg wrote:Who will wear RED in the final though ???? ???? ???? ???? ??????   How is it decided or has it already been decided who is the home team??

Mancs are the home side (so were gonna be in black)  :)  Always a first time for everything...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JamCar05 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:11 am

Couldn't care less about the final now, seing as I hate both teams in it with a passion :angry:
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion