17 game ultimatinum owen gives madrid

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby gerrardisgod » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:19 am

Michael owen said he will give real madrid a 17 game ultimatinum if he doesnt get played in most of these games he will leave and come to the premiership
owen also added that he has 3 choices arsenal chelsea or liverpool

owen said i would like to give my old club another ago to see if i can improve them and maybe win the premiership next season
gerrardisgod

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:32 am

Could be the way you've paraphrased it mate but one or two of the things you've written don't sound like Owen speak to me (he's normally from the Shearer school of boring, non-comittal interviews). Don't suppose there's any chance of you posting a link to the actual interview is there?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:44 am

Where's the source, dude?

???
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:56 am

I just found it. It's in the mirror. It was fuelled by Stevie G saying that Owen should be getting more games. But it's still in a tabloid and it sounds like another slow news day. I think this is about as reliable as a Reliant Robin in the Daytona 500. Owen will get his goals, get his money and enjoy being Real's version of Ole Gunner Solksjaer and a fan favorite to boot. The fans are already turning on Raul and looking at Michael. It's gonna be a couple of seasons before we see Michael Owen out of a white shirt. Mark my words...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:00 am

Can a player do that to the club ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:06 am

Players can do what they want, they have the talent the club needs....or in Owen and Beckham's case they have the shirt selling power the clubs need. As for Owen threatenin to walk out, didnt he say we had to be challenging or he would leave.... I'm not anti Owen, loved his goals as much as anybody, but no-ones big enough to hold Liverpool to ransom, jus get the money they're worth and let 'em move on. John Barnes tried it when he came from Watford, waited for a 'big' club to come in for him, then realised no-one was comin so he signed. Best decision he ever made, and my guess is he'll agree with that himself. Liverpool made Barnes a great player, Madrid are gonna spoil Owen, and chances are they'd do the same for SG if he was to move there.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:18 am

Ive said this before hes a family man, and his GF Louise is back in cheshire with the baby, so hes out in Madrid all on his own.
Bet he wishes he could turn back time, better the devil you know and that.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:42 am

Could you imagine Morientes & Owen and Alonso & Gerrard.  With a on form Kewell and Luis Garcia.  And JC at the heart of defense, with Finnan and 2 new quality defenders.

Ummmm.....
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:15 am

Owen made his decission. He felt that Liverpool were not going anywhere and so he should move to a club which is always likely to win things. Now i cannot believe that given our current position in the league his view of Liverpool will have changed. All Owen is doing is using Liverpool and other Premiership clubs to try and get more games for Real. Thats the cold hard truth.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:25 am

just like aimar did with valencia... when he was talking about liverpool i could never see it happeneing cos we could never find the money that valencia would be asking for him
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby gerrardisgod » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm

Could you imagine Morientes & Owen and Alonso & Gerrard.  With a on form Kewell and Luis Garcia.  And JC at the heart of defense, with Finnan and 2 new quality defenders.

Ummmm..... [quote]

it would be lovely dont think anyone can beat that team but forget about kewell i would prefer riise :laugh:
gerrardisgod

Postby Chrissy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:17 pm

I agreee with the supposed owen interview. If hes not getting played comeback to your former club and help us win the league next season!!!
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:23 pm

But do RB need Owen ? I think he need a least 2 good defenders.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:42 pm

gerrardisgod wrote:Could you imagine Morientes & Owen and Alonso & Gerrard.  With a on form Kewell and Luis Garcia.  And JC at the heart of defense, with Finnan and 2 new quality defenders.

Ummmm.....

it would be lovely dont think anyone can beat that team but forget about kewell i would prefer riise :laugh:

But an on form Kewell, playing the way he did at Leeds, would be better than Riise
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:16 pm

Owen will not start ahead of Raul and Ronaldo. Owen could score 30 goals but he still wouldn't start unless Raul and Ronaldo were injured.

What the coach of Madrid is now realizing is that he doesn't even have to bench Raul because he can always get Owen off the bench to save the day if needed. Makes his job easier, right now Owen is being used and he has himself to blame. He knew before comming that it would be hard to get a place in the squad.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion