Real madrid's galacticos - Mega players' egos in the modern game

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:59 am

I read an article about Real Madrid wanting to get a boost over their poor CL result in the La Liga this weekend.

In the article, the report translated what Real coach Camacho said that Real flopped because "we lack the necessary humility", but Roberto Carlos, speaking to Ona Credo radio was quick to retort "did he include himself?" and "we need a little less humility and a bit more attitude. Then I am sure Real will win trophies and play much better."

Camacho said that he would take "full responsibility for the defeat" adding that "clearly, I did not manage to send my players out with the right attitude."

How can a player, no matter how many medals he had won and no matter how big is his contract, give that kind of cr@p to his coach?

If the players need to show more attitude as Roberto Carlos claims, then who is fit to coach him? Probably only a coach who has won the league title, the domestic cup, the CL, the supercup, the World Cup is good enough for him? How many of them are there who happen to be a good coach?

Thank god this kind of cr@p is not tolerated at Liverpool. Your comments, guys? This is more up your alley, Stu...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:02 am

Actually, if any of you were a Real Madrid high official, what would you do?

The last time a Liverpool player showed some dissent, Fowler, he was quickly dropped anf then offloaded. I fully support this approach.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:22 pm

Good managers who are soft with players never did well...we had a few in our previous regimes to prove that. Pity anyone who took over Real's hot seat...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:34 pm

Fergie has an ego to match any players ego!
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:57 pm

I think the main point is you cannot buy stars and put them together and expect tham to play well. Great teams are about "chemistry" within the team.  I think Chelsea will find this out. They (Real) buy players and change managers yearly. They have no continuity.

Owen went to Real to win trophies? He should have stayed at Liverpool. Real Madrid is lucky to only be down 1-0 at halftime against Espanyol. I would rather a team that play well together than a team of great players.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:07 pm

dubious peanlty for real madrid i think ronaldo dived he went down far to easy must be th beef burgers his eating wat a fantastic save  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion