Pongolle
64%

Total votes : 80

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:29 pm

There there...  :rasp
115-1073096938

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:18 am

stu_the_red wrote:
yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i dont think dean ashtons what i`d call class or anywhere near it tbh, i agree with the poster who said he reminded him of beattie.
he`s a decent player but he`s not in the same bracket as henry, rooney, gerrard etc. for me.

Of course not, its insane to think a player who plays for Norwich could be any good.

How could any player outside any team in the top 6 in the premier league be even able to kick a ball? What was i thinking, i mean surely all class players are known straight away and they all play for great sides straight away and they all have a world class reputation straight away, its completely rediculous to suggest players like Ashton can come from the lower leagues and excell, i mean its not like anyones ever gone from Chester to Liverpool and become a legend or top scorer, or even Scunthorpe to Liverpool, any player who played for Scunthorpe must be rubbish and the best players always start and finish at great sides.

How silly of me to think otherwise...

dont put words in my mouth stu, i never said i dont think a player from the lower leagues couldnt do a job in the prem and a quick glance at the peter crouch thread will show i wanted him at anfield for example.
i just dont think dean ashton is what I`D call a top class player. i could be wrong and he could go on to score more goals than jimmy greaves in the top flight, or on the other hand you could be wrong and he`ll spend his career kicking between the prem and championship without breaking scoring records and wont end up leading the england line like top class players do or be mentioned in the same breath as rooney or shearer for that matter.
personally i rate defoe a lot higher than him and wouldnt call defoe top class.
only time will tell mate.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:08 am

not more assumptions stu :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls