Cisse vs pongolle

Cisse
36%
Pongolle
64%

Total votes : 80

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:49 am

Discuss.

P.S. No this is not a knee jerk reaction.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:02 am

I wouldn't class either as our main "go to" striker. Both have positives. I have to say in Cisse's case there are elements missing from his game that you would expect a youth team player to have mastered
(first touch, control, etc).
All in all I would say Pongolle is the better all-round player but Cisse has serious pace and that is a worry for any defence.
For what it's worth I don't think either is more than a squad player long term, however we all know how important a depth of squad is nowdays.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:14 am

Sinama by a mile, said it for while. Cisse is poor, couldn't hit a barn door.

:D
115-1073096938

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:18 am

im with sinama on this. cisse is seriously over trying? and its not working for him trying to be a team player, ok odd times he is making a contribution. but in front of goal i thought he'd have been prolific...and thats what we need.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:19 am

Predator v Termonator.

Eastenders v Coronation Street.

Tellytubbies v Ballymory.

I don't care. I like them both. They both play for us. They both score for us. What's to discuss?
Faith is a passionate intuition.
Glofut

Postby Garymac » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:22 am

red37 wrote:im with sinama on this. cisse is seriously over trying? and its not working for him trying to be a team player, ok odd times he is making a contribution. but in front of goal i thought he'd have been prolific...and thats what we need.

You can say a lot of things about Cisse but over trying, youve got to be taking the p!ss.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:26 am

pongo is a safer bet than cisse, djibril is a bit of a baros imo, plays head-down too often and his first touch is poor so relies on shattering pace and a powerful shot but i'm sad to say little else

pongo is a decent & reasonably quick striker but the thing that strikes me most about him is that he obviously listens to what he gets told at melwood; he does everything technically correctly including the little bits which individually don't mean too much but combined make me think he's got an intelligent head on him eg. holding the ball up in the corner toward the end of a game when we're in front, grabbing the ball out the back of the net & getting it back to the center circle quick when we're behind and we've jujst scored rather than wasting time doing 50 laps of honour like a lot of other players would
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:28 am

i can't believe i've just spelt "centre" like a yank :sniffle
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rooboy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:30 am

cisse is :censored:

sinomo easily
rooboy

Postby stoney » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:41 am

rooboy wrote:cisse is :censored:

sinomo easily

At least get his name right
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:43 am

Cisse
all who say he is shi* are morons.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:47 am

in the sense that 'anxiety' makes you try..and fail, frequently.

trying to be the hot-shot cool dude kind of stuff. trying to do too much when all is really needed is a clear head.. what i meant is in his head he IS super-confident.
the guy is beating himself up over the fact that he now has to do it as part of a set group plan.
cisse is trying too hard too much to grasp that...

the other side of his game is wild and maverick, as we've seen.
and rarely that effective.
his recent 'demotion' if you like to bit-part is perhaps exposing the exasperation that cisse feels in that respect.
international aspirations also are adding to his frustration..in short, he's trying too hard (imo) to impress in a role where he clearly has to be seen to be contributing, instead of one where he can be the 'main man' lapping up the cream.
a bit like gerrard last season. and the minute HE took the blinkers off, look what happened. BOOM! different player.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:56 am

stu_the_red wrote:Sinama by a mile, said it for while. Cisse is poor, couldn't hit a barn door.

:D

I love it when people do the whole "Cisse couldn't hit a barn door" argument.

12 so far this season, including one of our goals of the season against Everton.

If you want to go down the "he's not a fox in the box" or "he doesn't convert as many chances as he should" kind of argument, I'm with you, but he's right up there on the goalscoring charts this year, so bark up another tree.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:40 am

He's shite and thats the end of it.
115-1073096938

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:48 am

i would say pongelle, ive always liked the guy. He just seems to have the right sorta character for the team. He seems to play well with the team. He doesnt complain, or cry to the media. He is still young, I think he could be turned into a very good forward.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls