HITZFIELD
4%
QUEIROZ
No votes
OTHER
3%

Total votes : 102

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon May 24, 2004 4:42 pm

can you let me know this weeks lottery numbers? you seem to be so sure of the future.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon May 24, 2004 4:42 pm

I'll kepp an eye on this thread and quote you on that if he isn't appointed. You were so cocky about predicting Houllier to go so lets see if you're right :;):
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon May 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Lee J wrote:can you let me know this weeks lottery numbers? you seem to be so sure of the future.

3 , 9 , 15 , 21 , 33 , 42    :;):
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 24, 2004 8:45 pm

this decision is the biggest in liverpools recent history imo. get this wrong and it's farewell to michael owen and steven gerrard. you may not like it but it's true.

CURBISHLEY- people laughed me off the forum when i first suggested him. he has the knowledge and experience of managing in the premiership which is an advantage. great man motivator aswell. to people who claim he hasn't managed at the highest level i say this- will he ever get the chance at charlton?

MOURIHNO- a lot of hype surrounds him at the moment but he's still very inexperienced. he actually got sacked at benfica after a month in charge. he also won't necessarily bring exciting attacking football to anfield. he's very tactical in his approach. porto only scored more than once in 2 of their last 10 league games. is he what we need after 6 years of houllier? i'm not sure.

BENITEZ- once again very tactically sound manager. i'm just not sure if the whole change in culture will suit the guy though.

O'NEILL- not going to happen. sorry

DALGLISH- this whole notion of former players coming back because they will "have the players respect" is nonsense. let me ask you a question- would someone like diouf (24yo) really know who dalglish is and respect his legacy? i have my doubts to say the least.

place your bets now please. i am both apprehensive and excited about the decision.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon May 24, 2004 10:46 pm

I'll put £100 on O'Neill. at 10-1* it will get me a grand.thank you very much.

*your odds as you said it isnt going to happen...
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ROBtheRED » Mon May 24, 2004 10:55 pm

I would prefer Martin O'Neill, he is a great man-manager, good motivator and gets the best out of his players, there may be a question mark about his tactics and formations, but he isn't stupid he knows what the Liverpool fans have been used to over the years and i believe at the very least he would play high-tempo attacking football.
He is single-minded and honest and i'm sure he aspires to be a successful manager who will deliver major trophies, i believe he will be able to compete with the Wengers and Fergusons. He has had valuable premiership experience with Leicester where he did a magnificent job and has worked wonders at Celtic, okay the SPL isn't the toughest league but he has also competed well in the champions league and was unfortunate not to win the uefa cup last season. I really think he will do the business at a big club soon. . .i hope it is Liverpool.

Curbishley is another manager i admire but i do think it may be out of his league at a club the size of Liverpool, with no silverwear or european experience on his CV it would be a gamble. The likes of Benitez, Mourinho and Hitzfeld i don't know enough about and although they have great reputations i always think a foreign coach will need a few years to grasp the ins and outs of english football before they can be successful. As for Gordon Strachan, i can only say PLEASE NO! ! !
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon May 24, 2004 11:03 pm

Martin if your reading this tonight you know what you have to do.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon May 24, 2004 11:04 pm

Mourinho, why:

passion, talent, bring some of his Porto players etc.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 25, 2004 2:30 am

I've been saying for ages Alan Curbishley and you lot laughed me out of here !!!!

Don;'t talk to me about not having had experience of a "big" club , neither did Kenny, Paisley, Shankly, Wenger etc.....

AC would be ideal for LFC, his handling of Di Cannio this season after Di Cannio's Soap Opera season with West ham was a masterclass of man management AND Di cannio didn't play every game before you think he just gave in to Paulo.

His transfer of Scott Parker ( A player he nurtured himself) and getting £10 Million PLUS An excellent prospect Carlton Cole as well was superb financial maangement

He has taken Charlton to within a whisker of European Football next season and on a  shoestring budjet which is a fraction of what teams like LFC, Spurs, Boro, Blacburn, Villa and others have spent.

He;s done the DOUBLE over Liverpool this season.

He's superb with the media and has the respect of almost everyone in football.

Finally we already have a MILAN why not an AC ?
:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue May 25, 2004 11:05 am

The board yesterday said that GH's successor wold have to have won honours at the top level. Curbs is a good shout but I think the board have excluded him with that statement.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Clifty » Tue May 25, 2004 11:39 am

totally agree with greenred the fans want O'neill so we wont get him! What is wrong with the board there is only one man to go toe-to toe with Wegner and Ferguson and that is MARTIN O'NEIL! PLEASE LISTEN BOARD! SOMEBODY HEAR ME! MARTIN O'NEILL! A MAN WHO REALISES WHAT WINNING THE LEAGUE MEANS! NOT ANOTHER FOREIGN 'COACH' WHO WANTS THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! HELP ME & LIVERPOOL MR. MARTIN O'NEILL!
Clifty

Postby garry hadley » Tue May 25, 2004 12:26 pm

I agree it was time for change, but hope we don't give into media pressure to appoint an English manager unless there's a good one about. At the moment there questions why English managers aren't getting top jobs and hope they don't pressure the board to appoint one like they instagate other things. I think O'neil is a good choice, he comandes players respect, he's enthusiastic, he gets the best out of players(Heskey at Leicester) and alright its only SP league but he's swung Celtic into the dominent force and progressed briliantly in Europe.
Dalglish has'nt had a job for years, 
Hats of to Curbishley for what he's done but he's had time,
Venables knows what he's on about but again has'nt worked for years.
Can Mourinho and Bentinez be good in the Premier league?
I personaly think they'll be questions who ever takes over its allright saying "he's done well in Europe" Its getting into Europe season after season thats more important and challenging for the league.
Keegan would sertainly entertain fans but that would'nt guarantee success.
garry hadley

Postby stmichael » Tue May 25, 2004 12:32 pm

garry hadley wrote:Can Mourinho and Bentinez be good in the Premier league?

that's the question that worries me aswell. the premier league is different to any other league in europe. that's why i would prefer to see a manager who has previous premier league experience, such as curbishley. he could make the premier league his priority.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue May 25, 2004 12:41 pm

We need a manager who can manage the club in Europe too. Its no use appointeing O'Neil, whose  done the job in a two-club league? We need someone who knows what tactics to adopt to challenge for the Premiership and match-up-to Europe's elite. Porto's coach may be the man... but whoever it is lets think winning... not surviving, which is the the only experience Curbishley, Strachan and Allardyce bring....if speculation surrounding these three is real and not forged rumour, this is a real insult to all those connected with LFC (dead and alive) ... in which case bring back Houllier... now! :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 25, 2004 12:45 pm

zarababe wrote:We need a manager who can manage the club in Europe too. Its no use appointeing O'Neil, whose  done the job in a two-club league? We need someone who knows what tactics to adopt to challenge for the Premiership and match-up-to Europe's elite.

that's quite a good point. you look at celtic in the champions league. they haven't won a single away match under o'neill which is shocking. for me the reponsibility for that lies with the manager.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls