Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Cisse vs pongolle

Cisse
36%
Pongolle
64%

Total votes : 80

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:37 am

The difference is though Luke is Nihats a player. Cisse isn't.

You can see it yourself mate, you post with intelligence and seem to have an idea about the game, Cisse for me isn't a player.

As you described Owen, he has lost his blistering pace, he's now not the player he was, he's still quick, its still his main attribute, he's now stronger, a better poacher and has better awareness though, he scores more goals now though simply because he's adapted his game.

Footballers adapt to conditions set within the game. IE they learn from mistakes and improve.

Cisse is at the level he'll always be at. IE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:38 am

Double post sorry.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:41 am

The Auexerre manager critisized us in the press because we weren't using Cisse properly. In other words we didn't build our team around him, and I'm glad that we haven't done such a thing. It would had made us one dimensional.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:43 am

Agreed.

The more players you build a team around the harder it is to stop.
115-1073096938

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:44 am

True Nihat is abetter player, I was just joking with that Cisse coment. I dont think that Nihat would destroy English defenses but he would definatley be an effective striker for a club like Newcastle. I reckon he would get 15+ goals if he played a full season.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:48 am

Yes he would, but most importantly he'd help in other aspects of the game a lot, his teamwork is good. He's constantly talking the other striker to improve things. He crosses decently, he's faster than Cisse and has better skill. He assists. He simply is better. I'm not blinded by colour, every other member of my team wouldn't have a chance of playing in Liverpool (Kovacevic perhaps as a good backup), but Nihat does.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:48 am

I think Sinama would get that to be fair. I think he'd contribute in alot of other ways though. I'd love to see him given a run in the side with Crouchie, both of them have the ability to link up with other players...

Would be interesting.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:52 am

They certainly did do well against Betis when they play alongside one another. They played against Bolton together but to be fair to them, the game didn't have any fluidity, just constant long balls.

Sabre, what position does Kovacevic play in?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:55 am

The problem is that I dont think Pongo is quiet ready to play first team at Liverpool yet, but then again there is an argument that he is better than Cisse.

Pongo needs someone to take a chance on him and offer him 6 months of first team football, can we and will we give him that chance, I doubt it. Ideally he would go off on loan now, preferably in the Premeriship and get 20/25 consecutive games. I think if this happened people would be surprised at the progress he would make.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:57 am

Striker. Played in Sheff Wednesday when he was younger. Then made excellent seasons in Real Sociedad with more than 15 goals, that earned a sign up for Juventus. He scored there as a sub quite much, but couldn't manage to be a regular. Then to Lazio and the same situation. He came back to Real Sociedad and he's been our main goalscorer. Lot's of teamwork.

He'd be our Crouch, and Nihat is the Cisse we'd wanted. We've been a :censored: team with two excellent strikers. Now we have signed Skoubo a Danish, with the hope that once again we'll do an excellent signing. Hope so.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:58 am

A.B. wrote:Sabre, what position does Kovacevic play in?

He is a big striker who used to play for Juve and scored a lot of goals from the bench for them.

I think he was at Sheff Wednesday for a while, he is really good in the air and a good finisher, would be a good Prem player.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:58 am

What Pongolle needs to do is bulk a tad bit, because he's not that physical and it will benefit him against physical opponents like Bolton in the future.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:59 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:The problem is that I dont think Pongo is quiet ready to play first team at Liverpool yet, but then again there is an argument that he is better than Cisse.

Pongo needs someone to take a chance on him and offer him 6 months of first team football, can we and will we give him that chance, I doubt it. Ideally he would go off on loan now, preferably in the Premeriship and get 20/25 consecutive games. I think if this happened people would be surprised at the progress he would make.

Luke, he's like Sissoko, infact in my opinion has a similar ability level. He's not ready yet but has the potential, however he's currently the best option we have available. I think he'd make progress and improve with games, he's a footballer, you can see it in the way he thinks, moves and plays the game.

Ok, he's had a couple of poor games, but the lad deserves a chance and in my eyes is good enough to take it if he's given a real one.
115-1073096938

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:01 am

A.B. wrote:What Pongolle needs to do is bulk a tad bit, because he's not that physical and it will benefit him against physical opponents like Bolton in the future.

I don’t think that is the problem. He is naturally small and that is what gives him such great mobility and sharpness.

His problem is mainly in the naivety in much of his movement. He just needs to read the game a bit better, yesterday was an example of him doing it well, but he needs the experience of playing against better defences on a week to week basis.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:08 am

stu_the_red wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:The problem is that I dont think Pongo is quiet ready to play first team at Liverpool yet, but then again there is an argument that he is better than Cisse.

Luke, he's like Sissoko, infact in my opinion has a similar ability level. He's not ready yet but has the potential, however he's currently the best option we have available. I think he'd make progress and improve with games, he's a footballer, you can see it in the way he thinks, moves and plays the game.

Ok, he's had a couple of poor games, but the lad deserves a chance and in my eyes is good enough to take it if he's given a real one.

The thing is that I don’t think he is going to improve much by dipping him in and out. Does Rafa trust him enough and is he really in Rafas long term thinking enough for him to say "Your first team for the rest of the season, I want you to play and improve and be a player for our future". I don’t think this is the case.

So many players get ruined because there development years are not handled properly, between 18-22 is a crucial time, and I can understand why someone like Le Tallec wants to be in the 16 every week, it is the only way they will improve.

If I was in charge I would seriously consider giving him that trust and giving him a run in the side in order to improve, otherwise a loan deal for 6 months were he will get first team football is the best for him in the long run,

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls