Please post your football related Polls in this forum

2 and a half years on - And 60+ million spent

yes
61%
no
39%

Total votes : 23

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:45 am

If anyone thinks we're no better off now than under Houllier, they have a serious case of memory failure.

Don't you remember the home loss to Charlton on May day of his final season with us? That one game summed up the Houllier-years at Anfield:

F*cking BORING. Like watching paint dry. Tw*t it up to Heskey, who nods down to Owen, who f*cks it up because he was sick and tired of playing in the most negative LFC team in living memory.

Are we closer? F*cking too right we are.

And I bet he proves it as well.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:46 am

I don't think people have mental failure to say we've made a small amount of progress in the league under Rafa compared to the final days of Houllier, it's the truth, we're targeting fourth place, wasn't that what we were doing under Houllier? Yes, it was, however as you say performance wise we are improving and this season there is all to play for, but I'm making this observation at the moment, I expect it to change through the course of the season. As for football, the last time I was truly entertained watching Liverpool play was under Roy Evans; that's how football should be played, but Rafa will have us playing similar to Valencia, I cannot wait.
67-1161385641

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:28 am

its been an interesting response.  the poll is a lot closer than i would have thought and most people seem split.

This wasn't meant to be a Rafa slagging off thread, but just to ask a few questions as to where we're heading.

I still think he's the right man for the job, but (as a lot of people on here have said) he won't ever be considered a success until he wins our first Premier league title...and for that i cannot wait.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls